Review: Al's One Stop Auto
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
CALLAHAN

New York, NY

#65 Apr 13, 2012
Barry silbowitz wrote:
I work in the area and I promise to spread the word and take legal action against him in reporting to the better business bureau Al's one stop is a ripoff tried charging 395 total for a 200 job It costs 300 dollars for them to order an o2 sensor google it he's evil I haven seen one good review for his place can't wait till the dirt leaves hewlett
It appears that you have a serious problem and too much time on your hands. You should spend time working If thats what you are being paid to do instead of playing on the computer all day.
DAVE

Rockville Centre, NY

#66 Apr 13, 2012
most of the positive statements come from Garden City.
obviously the comments are coming from the same person.
what a moron-i would never stop there knowing the guy is a con man.
jason

Jackson Heights, NY

#67 Jun 20, 2012
I took my car to al one stop auto,to check my brakes, and gave me nothing but attitude, wanted over $200 for front brake job,thanks, but no thanks.
Jo Shmo

Hauppauge, NY

#68 Jun 21, 2012
Al is a clown and a thief as stated here many times. He tried to charge me almost $400 for a fuel pump (just the part). I called my other mechanic and he gave me $92 price. I've witnessed him rip off people many times and have gotten ripped off ny him. He's got a foul mouth and a bad rep. He once charged me $50 for a $19.99 advertised oil change. I asked him why is it more? He said your car uses 5 quarts, not 4. So one extra quart costs $30? He's a crook, liar, thief, charlaton, asshole, and flat out worsed person I have ever met. Beware of Al's One Stop!!
Bobwire

Lynbrook, NY

#69 Jun 21, 2012
OK, now all you assh=les who phrased ALs gas station stop by and pick up your envelope, except employees
Wow

Hicksville, NY

#70 Jun 23, 2012
Ive been quiet about Al's because it's a waste of time but I'm happy other people are doing my work of spreading out what kind of animal he is I've been ripped of before but Atleast good crooks sugar coat the sh!t al is just an arogant fool
Wow

Hicksville, NY

#71 Jun 23, 2012
Bobwire wrote:
OK, now all you assh=les who phrased ALs gas station stop by and pick up your envelope, except employees
what's that means English
Ms lavoie

Brooklyn, NY

#73 Jul 9, 2012
Als a good man just has a small pecker. So is there any one out there're that can screw me like he screwed you I'm horny and dying for some real feeling inside me
Joe

Pascoag, RI

#74 Sep 1, 2012
shirley and harry levine wrote:
We have been using Al's one stop for five years. He has taken care of all of our vehicles in the family. We are very happy with his work. He has always been more than fair with us. Its too bad you were not happy. Maybe you should have shopped around other places first. Instead checking the internet. Does ebay fix cars? Oh by the way I believe Al is half jewish.
Al actually hates all Jews. Says they are cheap and are crooks. So u font know him very well. I did. He's a piece of trailer trash.
Lol

East Meadow, NY

#75 Oct 3, 2012
The gas station in Hewlett were al was before closed down because not only did he ruin the auto shop buisness there but made people not want to by gas there now that place is boarded up I hope Al's closes down and his kids starve
another victim

Hempstead, NY

#76 Feb 21, 2013
Never stop there for anything not even a soda this guy is a major scumbag who just tries to rob everyone going there.he was ran out of 3 towns already becuase of his practices.stay away from his shop or it will defenetly cost you...n if u been there n got mistreded and robbed sue him becuase u wont be the first or last take my word for it.
Ellen

Freeport, NY

#79 Oct 29, 2013
Al's One Stop is a rip off. I wish I had checked these sites before I started with him a little more than a year ago...$8,000 dollars in the hole for a 2005 car. My engine light would go on every 4-6 weeks having to pay more and more money for repair when he had already guaranteed the "new engine". Don't do business with this man. You will certainly be ripped off!
Ellen

Freeport, NY

#80 Oct 29, 2013
Barry silbowitz wrote:
I work in the area and I promise to spread the word and take legal action against him in reporting to the better business bureau Al's one stop is a ripoff tried charging 395 total for a 200 job It costs 300 dollars for them to order an o2 sensor google it he's evil I haven seen one good review for his place can't wait till the dirt leaves hewlett
I also am contacting the Better Business Bureau regarding Al's One Stop Auto and it's awful practices
Ellen

Freeport, NY

#81 Oct 30, 2013
Al is a rip off. Beware! I wish I had read these sites before I spent $8,000 on my 2005 car.
Ms lavoie

Brooklyn, NY

#82 Jun 16, 2014
Al plays with little boys
Yanique

Massapequa, NY

#83 Aug 6, 2014
Just went to ALS One Stop Auto today. This guy is great. He knows his stuff. Two previous repair shops could not fix my 2009 jeep. Al diagnosed it, brought me under the hood to show me what I needed. He was honest enough to tell me what I needed right away and what I could wait for. Even gave me the bad parts. I rate him 5 stars. Car fixed, clean and even drove me home and delivered to me when done. Great guy - great place!!
baldwinresident

Queens Village, NY

#84 Feb 17, 2015
Rip off BIG time. Just because I am a woman does not mean I am an idiot. Had coolant flushed and filled a few weeks ago. Past week leaking puddles. Brought back to him along with check engine light on. He said no evidence of coolant leaking. He asked if I was sure. Like I am color blind and do not know how to distinguish a bright green color on my driveway. Really? Also, coolant level below MIN after servicing a few weeks ago and level was at MAX and a noticeable drop falling from a screw/plug. He finally pressure checked is and BAM, pressure loss. A hose was loose, which I suggested in the first place. THEN he checked the code for the check engine. Something about misfire so obviously spark plugs since it did start like stuttering before normalizing. Said a tune up needed. Ok, since not done in past 3 years. He quoted me $190 labor (ok),$60 reprogram (ok),$14.50 each spark plug OEM (not ok -$5.75 for OEM),$63 fuel filter (not ok -$22 and Volvo scheduled service is 120K - my mileage is 67K),$43 air filter (not ok -$17) and some other charge of $30. Questioned why so much work for tune up and I suggested starting with plugs (mentioning they are pricey compared to past purchases Volvo and prior experience changing my own plugs in my prior Nissan and Hyundai) and checking if code cancels. BUT NO - I had to do it all as part of tune up. He made a sexist comment about me knowing about cars and I said no thank you for the tune up. He charged me $60 for the check, which is OK and pulled my car out. When I went into my car, ALL warning lights were on and power steering gone making it impossible to turn the steering wheel. I questioned him why all these lights now on and steering shot when I brought it in 30 mins ago with a check engine light on and all he did was get the code off the car and look it up on the computer. He became aggressive saying my car needs a tune up. Again, I asked how that code reading turned into all warning lights and power steering gone. He attempted to ignore me but when I said I was calling the police, he took my car back in to check. He claimed to have disconnected the battery and reconnected it causing power steering to resume and the only warning lights on were the check engine and the overheat warning causing my temperature gauge to redline. My car was not overheating but it was again driveable and got the hell out of there as fast as possible. Bringing my car to corner mechanic to replace plugs at $7 each for OEM, air filter $19,$50 reprogram,$180 labor and because the overheat warning with temperature gauge in redline, a coolant temperature sensor $35 and thermostat $22. DONE. Please heed my advice and do not have your car serviced there. You have been warned.
jasongeo2

Hampton Bays, NY

#85 Feb 26, 2015
Barry Siblowitz wrote:
For all those who research the internet, I am sure you are aware of pranks and mis-information. It appears that there is an enormous amount of untrue commentary being made by someone who obviously has some issues. Please be aware that we have been in business for 15 years and have several operating businesses. The information that this person is putting on the internet is untrue and he is also posing as an imposter. Please come in for yourself and see that we are an honest family business with the customers best interest at heart. And thank you to all our loyal customers. President of Al's One Stop Auto, Inc
Als a scumbag. He has his mechanics pop there hoods open on there personal car so he looks busy. So stupid you see the same cars with hood open. He will double charge on part sometimes triple price it.
Disgusted Ex Customer

Roosevelt, NY

#87 Nov 25, 2015
"Al" is a liar and a LOSER!!!! Al was fined and censured after "Hurricane Sandy" for gauging on gas prices when people needed gas the most! Then he advertises as being the "most honest mechanic on Long Island! He tried to charge me with over $1,000 for work when I only needed $200 (gotten from a real honest mechanic!) Shut the Bozo down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Hyde Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homeless man who sat on a bench ob Longbeach Road (Apr '16) 16 hr Idgaf 2
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Tue silly rabbit 94
News Anti-Semitic Hate Crimes In New York Up 94% Ove... Tue Shlomo Goldstein 24
Boycott Palm Beach County Tue yidfellas v USA 3
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Tue yidfellas v USA 63
News Tankleff half sister rips DA, says Marty's guilty (Jan '08) Mar 18 Cabbage 103
News Marion County suspect dies during jail booking (Sep '06) Mar 16 DB Drive 95

New Hyde Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Hyde Park Mortgages