Tobacco farmers planting a big crop

There are 58 comments on the LancasterOnline story from Jun 5, 2008, titled Tobacco farmers planting a big crop. In it, LancasterOnline reports that:

Global organizations held "World No Tobacco Day" on Saturday. But that didn't stop farmers here from planting tobacco that day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LancasterOnline.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
we the people

United States

#1 Jun 5, 2008
It is wrong to be planting tobacco when so many people are starving. Smokers are selfish and heartless.

“OWNERS CHOICE = PATRONS CHOICE”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#2 Jun 5, 2008
"We the People" do not believe in abolishing anyones rights...

This is AMERICA.... LAND OF THE FREE... or did you forget that part.
we the people

United States

#3 Jun 5, 2008
fun lovin life wrote:
"We the People" do not believe in abolishing anyones rights...
This is AMERICA.... LAND OF THE FREE... or did you forget that part.
Like I said, smokers are heartless and selfish. You smoke while people starve. Land of the free has some responsibilities. I guess you forgot that part.
mypleasuremychoi ce

Aylmer, Canada

#4 Jun 5, 2008
Do you drink beer? Hops are grown in fields and necessary for beer. Do you drink wine? You know that grapes are grown in a field as well. The list goes on.
we the people

United States

#5 Jun 6, 2008
mypleasuremychoice wrote:
Do you drink beer? Hops are grown in fields and necessary for beer. Do you drink wine? You know that grapes are grown in a field as well. The list goes on.
I do not drink. However, alcohol does have a caloric value and beer is high in B vitamins.

Plow the tobacco under and plant corn.
mypleasure mychoice

Aylmer, Canada

#6 Jun 6, 2008
Do you drive a car?

The roads you drive on were once farm fields. The house you live in was once a farm field. What about the air you pollute while driving?
we the people

United States

#7 Jun 6, 2008
mypleasure mychoice wrote:
Do you drive a car?
The roads you drive on were once farm fields. The house you live in was once a farm field. What about the air you pollute while driving?
No. I do not drive a car. The roads are an infrastructure that helps get food to market. Where I live was never a farm field.

You are making way too many excuses for being selfish and allowing people to starve to death just so that you can smoke.

Plow tobacco under and plant corn.

“OWNERS CHOICE = PATRONS CHOICE”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#8 Jun 6, 2008
we the people wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, smokers are heartless and selfish. You smoke while people starve. Land of the free has some responsibilities. I guess you forgot that part.
Did you ever stop to think just where our cig. taxes are going... who they are helping... I'll bet not... tell me... who is going to make up the difference when we stop buying them and start growing our own or change to any of the other varieties of ways there are to get cigs. with out paying taxes on them...... YOU....you get to make up the difference...congratulations.
harleyrider1978

Portland, TN

#9 Jun 6, 2008
end prohibition and watch the economy return.
Linda

Fairborn, OH

#10 Jun 6, 2008
we the people wrote:
It is wrong to be planting tobacco when so many people are starving. Smokers are selfish and heartless.
according to the RWJF/J&J who funds smoking bans for profit, nobody is starving and is obese.
Linda

Fairborn, OH

#11 Jun 6, 2008
we the people wrote:
<quoted text>
according to the RWJF/J&J who funds smoking bans for profit, nobody is starving and is obese.
Linda

Fairborn, OH

#12 Jun 6, 2008
we the people wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I do not drive a car. The roads are an infrastructure that helps get food to market. Where I live was never a farm field.
You are making way too many excuses for being selfish and allowing people to starve to death just so that you can smoke.
Plow tobacco under and plant corn.
Linda

Fairborn, OH

#13 Jun 6, 2008
They have already tried in one state (the test run) to enact a law to ban restaurants from serving obese people. it failed but don't worry, when RWJF throws its money around for profit, you bet it will be back

LOL
Linda

Fairborn, OH

#14 Jun 6, 2008
J&J has Splenda and diet pills + the fat surgery, so everybody is fat according to its foundation the RWJF LOL
Linda

Fairborn, OH

#15 Jun 6, 2008
*SO PLOW THE FOOD UNDER AND GROW TOBACCO*
we the people

United States

#16 Jun 6, 2008
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>according to the RWJF/J&J who funds smoking bans for profit, nobody is starving and is obese.
You need to take their meds for paranoia.

“Fredneck County Md”

Since: Feb 08

Small Town

#17 Jun 6, 2008
we the people wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have a mouse in your pocket... LOL!
Linda

Fairborn, OH

#18 Jun 6, 2008
we the people wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoking bans + smoking cessation = big profits but don't worry, RWJF is throwing the funding around for mental illness. I'm sure that one will get you. ROFL
mypleasure mychoice

Aylmer, Canada

#19 Jun 6, 2008
People are not starving because there is not enough food. People are starving because of politics. Even donated food does not get to the people who need it but gets sold by the ruling party for more money.

Do not blame farmers for trying to make a living off their crops. Blame our government for not making food a priority to make sure whatever is needed is grown in North America and not in China.
we the people

United States

#20 Jun 7, 2008
Linda wrote:
*SO PLOW THE FOOD UNDER AND GROW TOBACCO*
You have made a choice to indulge your addiction and let children starve.

How sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Puppy Mill' Crackdown with Arrest Made (Jan '07) May 3 burdett 275
New Holland Sales Stables Hires new Sheep Barn ... Mar '15 Jim 3
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) Mar '15 Lovaldgs 15
Puppy Mill?? Mar '15 Lovaldgs 3
Intercourse Music Thread (Nov '14) Nov '14 Musikologist 1
How much did the quilts go for at the Auction (Jul '14) Jul '14 Harrisongallaugher 1
News Public art (Jun '14) Jun '14 where Halton art ... 1
More from around the web

New Holland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]