Philly Dawg: Ag dept. issues kennel l...

Philly Dawg: Ag dept. issues kennel license to convicted animal abuser's wife

There are 200 comments on the Philly.com story from Oct 4, 2011, titled Philly Dawg: Ag dept. issues kennel license to convicted animal abuser's wife. In it, Philly.com reports that:

In 2010, after at least 23 years in the dog breeding business, it looked like the end of the road for commercial kennel operator John Zimmerman of Lancaster County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#202 Nov 9, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
How did you know I love to dance....LOL
Source:
http://www.examiner.com/
<quoted text>
As do I. Wish I had more talent at it.

Bad link. It's just the examiner.com website.

Fail. Try again?
gokeefe

Galloway, OH

#204 Nov 9, 2011
hunters are COWARDS wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG, psycho, the big FAIL is YOU. Get a clue, you washed up old hag---NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE that matters, gives a sh#t. You don't matter. When are you going to ever realize that FACT?
Oh, and GET HELP, PSYCHO. You're pathetic.
And you matter? LMAO. If your opinion mattered to me, I may have listened to you. But sadly, alas, I have a habit of laughing at the village idiots.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#206 Nov 10, 2011
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
And you matter? LMAO. If your opinion mattered to me, I may have listened to you. But sadly, alas, I have a habit of laughing at the village idiots.
Lumpy has been exiled from the village so now you will need to refer to the insane little freak as "the fool on the hill" overlooking the village.
lovaldgs

Morgantown, PA

#207 Nov 10, 2011
Try again and do a search on the site....it's there....
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
As do I. Wish I had more talent at it.
Bad link. It's just the examiner.com website.
Fail. Try again?
lovaldgs

Morgantown, PA

#208 Nov 10, 2011
Read it again and be sure to see the words "same thing"

Explaining of what the wife was accused of..the article went on to say"John was convicted of animal cruelty for same thing in 2010. Strong ammonia smell, matted fur, dogs with dark discharge in ears"

And the dental thing was not just bad breath...but broken teeth with cavities that is probably caused by gnawing at their cages trying to escape the cruel conditions they are forced to live in.
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really know/care how she is running her kennel but as I read her quote, the dogs were ordered to see a doggy dentist. The rest of the things written are what her husband did. Perhaps I read it incorrect (it is poorly written) but it does not seem to be clear that the puppies had matted fur. That was her husband.
lovaldgs

Morgantown, PA

#209 Nov 10, 2011
Here's the article for those of you that couldn't find it..........

Introducing Pennsylvania's newest puppy mill: Golden Acres Kennel

* By Amy Rossi, Philadelphia Animal Welfare Examiner

Last year, Lancaster County commercial breeder (aka puppy miller) John Zimmerman lost his kennel license after more than 20 years of selling hundreds of puppies. With a string of 2008 Dog Law violations threatening to shut him down, Zimmerman surrendered his license of Silver Hill Kennel.

And until last month, animal advocates thought they were finished with the Zimmermans. Until the USDA inspected and approved a new kennel, Golden Acres.

It belongs to Zimmerman's wife, Nancy. And it's located at the same address as Silver Hill, where dogs were kept in rabbit hutches alongside the Pennsylvania Turnpike. With her shiny new non-commercial kennel license, Nancy now has the capability to house as many as 250 dogs, yet not be subjected to the same standards as commercial breeders.

According to Philly.com , the USDA says they had no authority to deny the other Zimmerman a kennel license, but said "We do, however, have the right to prevent Mr. Zimmerman from any involvement in the kennel," and "[John Zimmerman] cannot play a role in the ownership of the kennel care for the dogs or participate in the management of the kennel."

The USDA has failed on thousands of accounts of citing commercial breeders for animal cruelty. They rarely do inspections as needed, which means countless breeder dogs are suffering in silence with no one to help them. So how, exactly, are we supposed to trust that they'll make sure John Zimmerman doesn't assist his wife with her new kennel? How will they be sure he didn't have her apply for the license just so he had access to hundreds of dogs again?

How did this happen?

A man was convicted of such atrocities as dogs with severe dental disease to the point of losing dozens of teeth; matted fur; rusty, exposed nails protruding into cages; filthy and undersized living arrangements.

And the good ol' USDA just gave him permission to do it again.
HAC SNIFFS GLUE

Denton, TX

#210 Nov 10, 2011
<quoted text>Unlike the rest of you, I certainly DON'T matter. And unlike YOU, I have NO life.
What part of NO ONE GIVES A SH#T do I not understand?? I have polluted the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums 24/7/365 for how long? 3 freakin years. And STILL, I haven't got the message that I'm a shitstain so I continue to humiliate myself on a daily basis. I know what's it like to have a SIZE 61 ASS. I'll be sure to put in another fun filled day of ignorant regurgitated sh#t!
Well LUMPY, we expect less from you and you never disappoint.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#211 Nov 10, 2011
<quoted text>YES, psycho, unlike you, I certainly DO matter. And unlike YOU, I have a life.
What part of NO ONE GIVES A SH#T do you not understand?? You have polluted the ANIMAL RIGHTS forums 24/7/365 for how long? 1 year? 2 years? and STILL, no one has had any interest whatsoever in conversing seriously with you yet you continue to humiliate yourself on a daily basis. You're one effed up old hag, psycho. What's it like to be a 50-something year old washed up psycho and have no life beyond hovering and obsessing day in and day out over things and people you know NOTHING about? Don't answer, psycho, because NO ONE CARES. gawd, you are such a pathetic flailing moron.
GET HELP, PSYCHO.
P.S.- be sure to put in another fun filled day of your ever flailing/FAILING dull, ignorant regurgitated sh#t! stupid, stupid psycho troll
Did they teach you a new mantra at the school for idiots? "Yes, I do matter?" Very good! I'm so happy to see you working on your self-esteem. It must be hell to have to live with so much internalized hate, Chim Chim. Hint though: once you stop the antisocial, offensive language you'll too find that others may just want to be your friend. Good luck!

“I surived”

Since: Apr 11

A day without women March 2017

#212 Nov 10, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
Read it again and be sure to see the words "same thing"
Explaining of what the wife was accused of..the article went on to say"John was convicted of animal cruelty for same thing in 2010. Strong ammonia smell, matted fur, dogs with dark discharge in ears"
And the dental thing was not just bad breath...but broken teeth with cavities that is probably caused by gnawing at their cages trying to escape the cruel conditions they are forced to live in.
<quoted text>
It isn't clear what it says. It is more like a rorschach test than a legitimate quote from an article. Credible sources are much crisper and clearer. Please provide a link from a credible source.

“I surived”

#213 Nov 10, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
Here's the article for those of you that couldn't find it..........
Introducing Pennsylvania's newest puppy mill: Golden Acres Kennel
* By Amy Rossi, Philadelphia Animal Welfare Examiner
Last year, Lancaster County commercial breeder (aka puppy miller) John Zimmerman lost his kennel license after more than 20 years of selling hundreds of puppies. With a string of 2008 Dog Law violations threatening to shut him down, Zimmerman surrendered his license of Silver Hill Kennel.
And until last month, animal advocates thought they were finished with the Zimmermans. Until the USDA inspected and approved a new kennel, Golden Acres.
It belongs to Zimmerman's wife, Nancy. And it's located at the same address as Silver Hill, where dogs were kept in rabbit hutches alongside the Pennsylvania Turnpike. With her shiny new non-commercial kennel license, Nancy now has the capability to house as many as 250 dogs, yet not be subjected to the same standards as commercial breeders.
According to Philly.com , the USDA says they had no authority to deny the other Zimmerman a kennel license, but said "We do, however, have the right to prevent Mr. Zimmerman from any involvement in the kennel," and "[John Zimmerman] cannot play a role in the ownership of the kennel care for the dogs or participate in the management of the kennel."
The USDA has failed on thousands of accounts of citing commercial breeders for animal cruelty. They rarely do inspections as needed, which means countless breeder dogs are suffering in silence with no one to help them. So how, exactly, are we supposed to trust that they'll make sure John Zimmerman doesn't assist his wife with her new kennel? How will they be sure he didn't have her apply for the license just so he had access to hundreds of dogs again?
How did this happen?
A man was convicted of such atrocities as dogs with severe dental disease to the point of losing dozens of teeth; matted fur; rusty, exposed nails protruding into cages; filthy and undersized living arrangements.
And the good ol' USDA just gave him permission to do it again.
This article merely states that she has obtained a license...which isn't really in dispute. Please provide a citation regarding "abuse."
lovaldgs

Morgantown, PA

#214 Nov 12, 2011
Why did I know you would even dispute this .but I'm passing on this message to others on here that care..kennel is being inspected once a month. First inspection they passed but then in October started to have problems. Typical behavior of puppy mill operators...to get the license they behave then it's all down hill from there.

I'm sure you will have more comments and my comment? Whatever....LOLOL

Boggy Creek

#215 Nov 12, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
Why did I know you would even dispute this .but I'm passing on this message to others on here that care..kennel is being inspected once a month. First inspection they passed but then in October started to have problems. Typical behavior of puppy mill operators...to get the license they behave then it's all down hill from there.
I'm sure you will have more comments and my comment? Whatever....LOLOL
I don't understand your ire here. If she passed inspection then she's doing okay. If problems arise in later inspections, issue a cure notice (or the equivalent) and increase the frequency of inspections. If improvement is not forthcoming before the suspense date, take punitive action. Quality assurance 101. The system must be fair and impartial if it is to work properly and it's actions stand up under legal scrutiny.
I am 100% for giving her a license on her own merits. Having said that, I am also 100% for revoking her license if she proves to be unfit and even prosecuting her if her actions are criminal. I love my dogs and take the responsibility of having them very seriously. I expect no less from breeders and have no problem with shutting down breeders who don't take their responsibility seriously. I also believe in our legal system and the premiss that one is innocent until proven guilty. The regulatory agency must exhibit due diligence before taking action.

“I surived”

#216 Nov 12, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
Why did I know you would even dispute this
Because you have not provided a credible source. You still haven't. Why would you expect someone to agree with your conclusion when you are unable to produce evidence? Only a stupid and/or uneducated person would do that.
lovadgs

Morgantown, PA

#217 Nov 13, 2011
LOL, now you're bringing out the big guns -- name calling. That certainly proves an uneducated mind.

I must have hit a nerve since you're calling me stupid and/or uneducated.... I love it as I've been called a lot worse and it rolls off my back because I won't give up until every last puppy mill in PA is no longer in business!!

The report was from the PA Department of Agriculture as I have a very close friend who works for them investigating the mills. I'm privy to a lot of rotten things going on in those puppy mills and it's not pretty. But you won't believe that either.....sigh...(-:

Let me propose this, you want proof? Why don't you and the other people on here who take issue with my blogs go and see a puppy mill for yourself and while you're at it.....take a ride and see a couple more.

Start here:

GOLDEN ACRES KENNEL
1087 SILVER HILL RD
NARVON PA 17555
County: LANCASTER
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you have not provided a credible source. You still haven't. Why would you expect someone to agree with your conclusion when you are unable to produce evidence? Only a stupid and/or uneducated person would do that.

Boggy Creek

#218 Nov 13, 2011
lovadgs wrote:
LOL, now you're bringing out the big guns -- name calling. That certainly proves an uneducated mind.
I must have hit a nerve since you're calling me stupid and/or uneducated.... I love it as I've been called a lot worse and it rolls off my back because I won't give up until every last puppy mill in PA is no longer in business!!
The report was from the PA Department of Agriculture as I have a very close friend who works for them investigating the mills. I'm privy to a lot of rotten things going on in those puppy mills and it's not pretty. But you won't believe that either.....sigh...(-:
Let me propose this, you want proof? Why don't you and the other people on here who take issue with my blogs go and see a puppy mill for yourself and while you're at it.....take a ride and see a couple more.
Start here:
GOLDEN ACRES KENNEL
1087 SILVER HILL RD
NARVON PA 17555
<quoted text>
I have not called you stupid nor have I called you uneducated. I haven't taken issue with your blogs except in one respect. I have commented on your blind anger which comes very close to labeling all dog breeders as "puppy millers" and shows a propensity for finding people guilty until proven innocent. Your anger and punitive actions, if well aimed, are a good thing. If flung around indiscriminately at all breeders they can create enemies of those who might otherwise be allies.

“I surived”

#219 Nov 13, 2011
lovadgs wrote:
I must have hit a nerve since you're calling me stupid and/or uneducated....
<quoted text>
I haven't called you anything. LEARN TO READ. WORDS MEAN THINGS. I said that only a stupid and uneducated person would believe unsubstantiated rhetoric. Since I am not buying your rhetoric until you substantiate it, I am not stupid and/or uneducated. My statement did not say anything about you. Once again, LEARN TO READ.

“I surived”

#220 Nov 13, 2011
lovadgs wrote:
Start here:
GOLDEN ACRES KENNEL
1087 SILVER HILL RD
NARVON PA 17555
<quoted text>
Guilty until proven innocent. Good call.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#221 Nov 13, 2011
lovadgs wrote:
Start here:
GOLDEN ACRES KENNEL
1087 SILVER HILL RD
NARVON PA 17555
<quoted text>
Smart. Very smart. Turning the tables on your opposition by inferring someone called you names? No one called you any names. That's a typical ARA tactic in this forum. I do believe USARocks said something completely different.
lovaldgs

Morgantown, PA

#222 Nov 14, 2011
I'm done here and now I hear a big whooopie and yippee lovaldgs is gone..(-:

I may be gone off this forum but I will continue to work tirelessly and continue to blog about the horrors of big commercial breeders in Lancaster County, e.g. puppy millers.

I will also continue to work under cover to seek out violators and report them. I go into farms and pretend to want to buy a puppy and the horrors I see would make any reasonable person wince.

It is sad depressing work but if I can get one puppy mill closed down it is worth it. If I can save one mother breeder dog from her life of hell in a small cage having litter after litter of puppies, it is worth it. If she is not rescued her life is over because When she's done breeding according to the "millers"..they will take her out in a field and shoot her.

So to spend my time and emotions arguing with you is just not worth it. Because you will never get it, never!

It was fun while it lasted, LOL, but it's not fun anymore since you're too busy correcting everything I say and I'm wasting too much time explaining my position. If people on here that care about the horrors of puppy mills don't get my position, then they can't read English.

And yes I'm angry, angry at the millers who think there is nothing wrong with selling 200+ dogs a year
and keeping them and treating them with such lack of care. I'm angry at them debarking their breeding stock so surrounding homes don't know there is a puppy mill in their area, killing breeding dogs when no longer needed and so many other horrors that I've seen.

And finally? I'm not an ARA member so gokeefe saying my actions are typical ARA......is laughable.

lovaldgs they need us!!

“I surived”

#223 Nov 14, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
I'm done here and now I hear a big whooopie and yippee lovaldgs is gone..(-:
Um, ok?
lovaldgs wrote:
I may be gone off this forum but I will continue to work tirelessly and continue to blog about the horrors of big commercial breeders in Lancaster County, e.g. puppy millers.
Continue to blog but please provide verification of your stance. You could get sued if you are providing incorrect information. If your reference about the kennel in question is incorrect (if she wasn't cited) she could sue you...and rightfully so if you lie and it costs her money.
lovaldgs wrote:
I will also continue to work under cover to seek out violators and report them. I go into farms and pretend to want to buy a puppy and the horrors I see would make any reasonable person wince.
It is your time and money investment. If it makes you feel good, go for it. If there is a law against something and someone violates it, it may be a good idea. I am pretty sure that you have a limited amount of times you can do this as people will simply tell you "no" when you inquire if they piece your plan together.
lovaldgs wrote:
It is sad depressing work but if I can get one puppy mill closed down it is worth it. If I can save one mother breeder dog from her life of hell in a small cage having litter after litter of puppies, it is worth it.
Mommy dogs are supposed to have baby dogs. It is their most important purpose in life. Why are you so opposed to it? If the law dictates that they should have a specific amount of space and they are given that amount of space, why are you so mad?
lovaldgs wrote:
If she is not rescued her life is over because When she's done breeding according to the "millers"..they will take her out in a field and shoot her.
Her life is over when her life is over. It isn't over because YOU don't like her life. It is also not illegal to have a dog euthanized. If they use illegal means (I am not sure if shooting them is legal in PA), then file a complaint.
lovaldgs wrote:
So to spend my time and emotions arguing with you is just not worth it. Because you will never get it, never!
Perhaps rather than using your emotions in a discussion, you should use logic and common sense. Why do you get emotionally invested on a message board? Perhaps if you used logic you wouldn't say factually incorrect things.

lovaldgs wrote:
It was fun while it lasted, LOL, but it's not fun anymore since you're too busy correcting everything I say and I'm wasting too much time explaining my position.
You are saying factually incorrect things. I am merely pointing out your errors. Why do you blame me for your errors? Why do you blame me when YOU misread my statements?
lovaldgs wrote:
If people on here that care about the horrors of puppy mills don't get my position, then they can't read English.
I am trying to understand your position but it is riddled with errors and leaps in logic that cannot be made. When I ask for clarification you respond with "you just don't get it." That is because your statements are not aboslute. They are an opinion based upon what your mommy told you to believe. It is not fact.
lovaldgs wrote:
And yes I'm angry, angry at the millers who think there is nothing wrong with selling 200+ dogs a year
and keeping them and treating them with such lack of care. I'm angry at them debarking their breeding stock so surrounding homes don't know there is a puppy mill in their area, killing breeding dogs when no longer needed and so many other horrors that I've seen.
Is selling 200+ dogs a year illegal? If not, there is nothing you can do about it. The sooner you realize that, the less emotionally labile you will be. GROW UP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Puppy Mill' Crackdown with Arrest Made (Jan '07) 18 hr Kaitie416 296
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) May 18 Barb mcq 35
News As Wall Street Thrives, America's Little Guy Ch... May 4 pulte pollutes 2
Puppy Mill?? (Mar '15) Mar '17 Shelly Armstrong 10
Blue Ball music (Dec '12) Mar '17 Sid 6
New holland sales stable sheep and goat sale (Mar '16) Feb '17 Bruce 4
Breeder Thelma Blank & Keystone Puppies sold mi... (Sep '13) Feb '17 No more Puppy Mills 10

New Holland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Holland Mortgages