Philly Dawg: Ag dept. issues kennel l...

Philly Dawg: Ag dept. issues kennel license to convicted animal abuser's wife

There are 200 comments on the Philly.com story from Oct 4, 2011, titled Philly Dawg: Ag dept. issues kennel license to convicted animal abuser's wife. In it, Philly.com reports that:

In 2010, after at least 23 years in the dog breeding business, it looked like the end of the road for commercial kennel operator John Zimmerman of Lancaster County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Philly.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Oct 5, 2011
They might as well have issued the license directly to the animal abusing scumbag John Zimmerman. Damn loopholes need to be tied up.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 5, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
They might as well have issued the license directly to the animal abusing scumbag John Zimmerman. Damn loopholes need to be tied up.
What loopholes?

The wife didn't commit the crime. You cannot claim guilt by association here and punish the wife by preventing her from participating in a business of her choosing because her spouse was an asshole.

If by loopholes you mean to punish a wife for the husband's misdeeds, you're nuts.

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#3 Oct 5, 2011
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
If by loopholes you mean to punish a wife for the husband's misdeeds, you're nuts.
But Lippy thrives on being "nuts".
lovaldgs

Morgantown, PA

#4 Oct 5, 2011
Of course this whole scenario is outrageous. Many puppy mills which they are, do this. They shut down because they lose their license then reopen under another name. And don't be so naive to think the wife didn't know what was going on...give me a break.

She probably helped sell the puppies. And if she didn't know what was going on? How can she run a kennel of that size now. She knew everything..and profited too from the money he made selling those puppies.

People have to stop buying from these big commercial breeders and this whole mess and issue will be no more.....That's is what we anti puppy mill advocates want. NO MORE PUPPY MILLS!!!!

lovaldgs

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#5 Oct 5, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
Of course this whole scenario is outrageous. Many puppy mills which they are, do this. They shut down because they lose their license then reopen under another name. And don't be so naive to think the wife didn't know what was going on...give me a break.
She probably helped sell the puppies. And if she didn't know what was going on? How can she run a kennel of that size now. She knew everything..and profited too from the money he made selling those puppies.
People have to stop buying from these big commercial breeders and this whole mess and issue will be no more.....That's is what we anti puppy mill advocates want. NO MORE PUPPY MILLS!!!!
lovaldgs
The story even states that no one has the right to interfere with a private citizen to engage in this business. She was not breaking the law--he was. Obviously, either the husband owned the business previously himself OR it was some type of corporation and his wife had NO personal liability going on.

Think of it this way. You and your husband are both pharmacists and run a drug store together. He's busted for selling "hillybilly heroin" (the local term here for oxycontin) but you aren't. Should the state have the right to REVOKE your pharmacy license too and to remove your business (your source of income) away from you? NO.

The story also said that the state had the right to pull the license from the husband and to inspect the business and use oversight on the business. Meaning, the state CAN intervene if wrongdoing is found.
Hadrian

Edinburgh, UK

#6 Oct 5, 2011
hiss of death wrote:
<quoted text>But Lippy thrives on being "nuts".
It seems many vegans have a disturbed personality

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Location hidden

#7 Oct 6, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
lovaldgs
I agree, Puppy Mills have got to go. Bottom line, a puppy mill, or, to be politically correct, commercial breeder, is in business to crank out as many puppies as they can for profit. It's about greed. There is no excuse for the abuse of mills to continue. Boycott pet stores that sell puppies!!

http://www.prisonersofgreed.org/Commercial-ke...

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#8 Oct 6, 2011
So ALL commercial breeders are puppy mills? There is no such thing as an ethical breeder? Blanket statements are as unrealistic and stupid as those who make them.
lovaldgs

Morgantown, PA

#9 Oct 6, 2011
I've been called many things on the anti puppy mill blogs I write on and stupid is one of the lesser words used. Name calling is just a cheap way of taking shots at someone you disagree with. Keep taking your shots, trust me I don't care. What I care about is the abuse of the puppies by the millers who sell them.

If you bothered to read any of my blogs you will see that I say most not all commercial breeders are puppy mills. I have never said that there is no such thing as an ethical breeder.

The difference is that MOST not ALL big commercial breeders in Lancaster County are not ethical. They are in it for the money and nothing else. They don't care about genetics or the betterment of the breed they are selling. Proof? These guys are now into breeding "designer dogs".....why? Because that is the latest fad the public wants and is the new cash crop for the millers.

Slowly but surely the mills are closing down and hopefully all of them will be gone someday. How is that accomplished? By encouraging people not to buy puppies from these puppy mills....it just continues the obscenity of how the breeder dogs are kept and the nonsense that has just gone with the Zimmerman kennel. Change his name, change the owner and that will change how he treats the dogs? Yea right!

lovaldgs - they need us
Squach wrote:
So ALL commercial breeders are puppy mills? There is no such thing as an ethical breeder? Blanket statements are as unrealistic and stupid as those who make them.

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Location hidden

#10 Oct 6, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
I've been called many things on the anti puppy mill blogs I write on and stupid is one of the lesser words used. Name calling is just a cheap way of taking shots at someone you disagree with. Keep taking your shots, trust me I don't care. What I care about is the abuse of the puppies by the millers who sell them.
If you bothered to read any of my blogs you will see that I say most not all commercial breeders are puppy mills. I have never said that there is no such thing as an ethical breeder.
The difference is that MOST not ALL big commercial breeders in Lancaster County are not ethical. They are in it for the money and nothing else. They don't care about genetics or the betterment of the breed they are selling. Proof? These guys are now into breeding "designer dogs".....why? Because that is the latest fad the public wants and is the new cash crop for the millers.
Slowly but surely the mills are closing down and hopefully all of them will be gone someday. How is that accomplished? By encouraging people not to buy puppies from these puppy mills....it just continues the obscenity of how the breeder dogs are kept and the nonsense that has just gone with the Zimmerman kennel. Change his name, change the owner and that will change how he treats the dogs? Yea right!
lovaldgs - they need us
<quoted text>
Squach is a troll, as is Gokeefe and Hiss of death. I wouldn't even waste my time replying to any of their comments, or reading them, trust me, BIG waste of time.

hiss of death

“Bowhunting Is Euphoric”

Since: Jan 09

Double Lung em

#11 Oct 6, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
Squach is a troll, as is Gokeefe and Hiss of death. I wouldn't even waste my time replying to any of their comments, or reading them, trust me, BIG waste of time.
The only reason you have a fascination with trolls, Lippy, is because you are one.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#12 Oct 6, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, Puppy Mills have got to go. Bottom line, a puppy mill, or, to be politically correct, commercial breeder, is in business to crank out as many puppies as they can for profit. It's about greed. There is no excuse for the abuse of mills to continue. Boycott pet stores that sell puppies!!
http://www.prisonersofgreed.org/Commercial-ke...
So again, are all breeders unethical and bad?
Not all are. I've known a few. They breed only if the dog is healthy and they can locate a healthy stud. It's not all about the money, although that is part of it. They also do it out of love for the breed. Many don't sell retail or to pet stores. They have clients lined up and bypass a lot of that nonsense.
Skipping school today or are you an adult today?

Boggy Creek

#13 Oct 6, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
lovaldgs - they need us
<quoted text>
Actually my comment was aimed at the TROLL who insists that everyone else is a TROLL. If you acknowledge the fact that there are ethical breeders out there who treat their animals (their investment) well, I have no problem with you. I also acknowledge the fact that there are breeders out there who are basically scum and should be put out of business. This comment IS directed at you and all I'm saying is that not ALL breeders are scum and the ones who do it ethically shouldn't be lumped in with the scum. IMHO.

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Location hidden

#14 Oct 6, 2011
For the record, a COMMERCIAL BREEDER is one who usually has several breeds of dogs breeding for the commercial market, and has profit as their primary motive to breed. In other words, a PUPPY MILL breeder. Squach, you seem to be grasping for ways to insult me, try learning wtf you're talking about first. There are differences between ethical/responsible breeders, commercial/puppy mill breeders, brokers, and backyard breeders. I never mentioned anything about ethical/responsible breeders in any of my previous posts, troll.
gokeefe

Galloway, OH

#15 Oct 6, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
For the record, a COMMERCIAL BREEDER is one who usually has several breeds of dogs breeding for the commercial market, and has profit as their primary motive to breed. In other words, a PUPPY MILL breeder. Squach, you seem to be grasping for ways to insult me, try learning wtf you're talking about first. There are differences between ethical/responsible breeders, commercial/puppy mill breeders, brokers, and backyard breeders. I never mentioned anything about ethical/responsible breeders in any of my previous posts, troll.
Lippy, it's time for you to give up on this one. You keep digging yourself in further and further. Haven't you screamed before as well that it's wrong to own animals/pets? What is it? What's your "informed" stance?
lovaldgs

Morgantown, PA

#16 Oct 6, 2011
Thanks and I won't waste my time....(-:
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
lovaldgs

Morgantown, PA

#17 Oct 6, 2011
Ok, sounds like we're on the same page now. And I do agree that not ALL breeders are scum. There are some very ethical ones out there...just look at Westminster.....

lovaldgs
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Actually my comment was aimed at the TROLL who insists that everyone else is a TROLL. If you acknowledge the fact that there are ethical breeders out there who treat their animals (their investment) well, I have no problem with you. I also acknowledge the fact that there are breeders out there who are basically scum and should be put out of business. This comment IS directed at you and all I'm saying is that not ALL breeders are scum and the ones who do it ethically shouldn't be lumped in with the scum. IMHO.

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Location hidden

#18 Oct 6, 2011
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Lippy, it's time for you to give up on this one. You keep digging yourself in further and further. Haven't you screamed before as well that it's wrong to own animals/pets? What is it? What's your "informed" stance?
I have pets! lol. You haven't been paying attention have you troll? Pets are companion animals, part of the family, you don't OWN them. Before you start in again that pets are ""property" ", let me remind you that you can own a table and do whatever you want with it, there is no such thing as the table welfare act.

Boggy Creek

#19 Oct 6, 2011
lovaldgs wrote:
Ok, sounds like we're on the same page now. And I do agree that not ALL breeders are scum. There are some very ethical ones out there...just look at Westminster.....
lovaldgs
<quoted text>
That's a good thing. I suspected that we were on the same page because I love dogs too. As a matter of fact I just adopted another to prevent him from going to a shelter. He's a nine year old Stafordshire Terrier and I figured he would have a hard time getting adopted so I took him. Now I have two. My American Stafordshire Terrier and the new boy. At least my arms will be the same length after walking them now, with just the one I had one arm longer than the other. LOL!

Boggy Creek

#20 Oct 6, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
Exactly. Your comment was couched in verbiage that would lead one to believe you were speaking about ALL breeders and you mentioned nothing that would cause one to think otherwise. You do that a lot. If you acknowledge that there are breeders out there who love their animals and treat the ethically then we can agree. See how easy that was, troll?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Holland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puppy Mill??? (Jun '15) May 14 lovebug1092 5
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) May 10 Pup 20
New Holland Sales Stables Hires new Sheep Barn ... (Mar '15) May 8 Ricco 10
New holland sales stable sheep and goat sale Apr '16 Eric 2
Debate: Marijuana - East Earl, PA (Sep '10) Feb '16 Resident 2
Intercourse Music Thread (Nov '14) Feb '16 Musikologist 3
Breeder Thelma Blank & Keystone Puppies sold mi... (Sep '13) Feb '16 Beyond Belief 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Holland Mortgages