Divers motion to reconsider and modif...

Divers motion to reconsider and modify sentence overruled

There are 24 comments on the Daily Sentinel story from Feb 23, 2012, titled Divers motion to reconsider and modify sentence overruled. In it, Daily Sentinel reports that:

One of the four sentenced in the August 2010 arson of the Hemlock Grove Christian Church recently asked to have his sentence reconsidered and modified.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
from my heart

Littleton, WV

#1 Feb 24, 2012
Being Christopher's great aunt and having known him since he was a baby, I can attest to the fact that he is not a bad person at heart. Yes, he did make a mistake and is paying for that mistake dearly. But he was never a bad kid.
He loved sports and excelled at all of those in which he participated. His mother and grandmother were left to raise him after his dad, my nephew and his mom separated. He was always working to do well in school, play baseball and football. We were so proud of him and still are for his accomplishments in sports and school.
Unfortunate circumstances with his family caused were involved in his life just prior to him getting into trouble. He was also denied the chance to play the sports that he loved. These two circumstances in my opinion helped to make him dispondent and his motivation for doing well were taken away suddenly. I believe he just gave up and lost control of his composure. He was never a bad kid his entire life.
I realize that what he did was wrong and know that he is definately sorry for his actions. He will pay the price for what he did and his life will resume as normally as possible when he completes his sentence. I hope that I am still alive to welcome him home with open arms when he is released. I will be there for him as will the rest of his family.
To repent of your sins and ask God to forgive you is the option he has taken. He has received Christ into his heart and I know that God has heard his request. It was the worst feeling on earth to have watched him on T.V. during his court appearences and hear him say "Thank you sir." to the judge who said, "Good luck son" at his sentencing.
Watching that on the news, I saw the same little boy that we all love and remember since he was a baby. Thank you for reading my remarks. They are from my heart and truly meant to express my feelings about my great nephew.
Haha

United States

#2 Mar 22, 2012
The little s.o.b needs to rot in jail. Yea you take up for him cause your family. What if you were the one he stole from? What if you were the parent of a child he sold drugs too. Give it up he's trash.
FU buddy

United States

#3 Mar 23, 2012
Haha wrote:
The little s.o.b needs to rot in jail. Yea you take up for him cause your family. What if you were the one he stole from? What if you were the parent of a child he sold drugs too. Give it up he's trash.
He didn't steal or sell drugs. That's not even what he's in jail for. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. And as long as he repents and makes his peace with the Lord, your opinion means nothing. He knows he messed up, and now he's paying for it, so step off.
New Haven Citizen

Westerville, OH

#4 Mar 23, 2012
You have kind words from the heart....I honesty believe you when you say he wasnt a bad kid. This could happen to anyones family. Im happy to hear he has jesus in his heart its a shame its alil to late. Hopefully when he gets home he will be a better Man!! This just goes to show anyone can fall victim to devious deeds,,,,just keep praying and he will come home some day a better person than when he left. Parents,,,love your children and keep your them close to you for as long as you can. Lord knows we have enough drug addicts, thieves in New Haven. Best Wishes to the Divers Family :) god bless!
Haha

New York, NY

#5 Mar 24, 2012
I know alot more than you think. He burnt a church. Your the one who doesn't know as much as you think. You want to blame someone it's his dad that's where he first picked up the drugs. I hope the bastard rots in jail just like he deserves.
FU buddy

United States

#6 Mar 26, 2012
Haha wrote:
I know alot more than you think. He burnt a church. Your the one who doesn't know as much as you think. You want to blame someone it's his dad that's where he first picked up the drugs. I hope the bastard rots in jail just like he deserves.
Yeah, he did. Have you talked to him lately? That's what I thought. He is sorry for it and he is trying to turn things around for himself. He has asked for forgiveness, not from you, but from the only one who matters. I have known him his entire life, so don't tell me that I don't know. I have known his dad his whole life too and yes he needs to straighten up, tho its doubtful he ever will. Trust me, I know ALL about it. But Christopher is just a kid and still has a chance to do the right thing and I will not give up on him. I hate to disappoint you, but he won't rot in jail. He will get out and will have lots of support when he does to help him turn his life around.
Dis--Respect

New Martinsville, WV

#7 Mar 26, 2012
TO, Mr. OR Mrs.?? HAha, U are very rude, disrespectful, NO, it all!! I hope U have children & grandchildren.. U can teach them, Pray for them, BUT after a while U have no control?? I hope some day u will see this with ur own, & will experience a Ruff Road, cause of the mean words u have spoken to Divers Family. Prayers & Good Thoughts for all the Divers Family!!God forgives all, And makes them a new person!! "Thank God For Saving All". Glad he don't toss us out like HAha!!
from my heart

Wallace, WV

#8 Mar 26, 2012
Haha, I pray for you and your unforgiving nature. I know that you must be frustrated to speak such harsh words about another person. I am thankful that no one lost their life in the horrible event that sent my great nephew to jail and I know that he must feel that way also.

You need to walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you are so quick to judge and consider yourself in a position to put that judgement upon others. You can not possibly understand what was going on in his life, neither can I.

As a member of his family, I will be praying for God to remove the hate in your heart the same as I am praying for Christopher at this time. You must be miserable. The words you post show the effect that hate has upon you and the way it rules your life.

God forgive you as he forgives all of us who are in need of his grace.
oh my

Callahan, FL

#9 Apr 4, 2012
Oh dear lord.. here comes ol' Diane starting this feed on topix... never can leave sleeping dogs lying. you had some pretty harsh things to say about him when this all first happened though didn't you?
Think again

United States

#10 Apr 4, 2012
oh my wrote:
Oh dear lord.. here comes ol' Diane starting this feed on topix... never can leave sleeping dogs lying. you had some pretty harsh things to say about him when this all first happened though didn't you?
The thread wasn't started by anyone. It showed up in the news feed. The first comment was a response to that. They didn't just throw it on here. In case you can't figure it out, the "dog" isn't "sleeping" if it is a current news story. This one is dated Feburary 23, 2012. AND, if you are going to put names on here, why don't you put yours.:) Tho I think I have a pretty good idea who you are.
oh my

Callahan, FL

#11 Apr 4, 2012
I'm sure you do. Just making a simple point... if you don't want people to talk about something then don't keep talking about it yourself ya know? I'm just saying. THE FAMILY didn't want this stuff on topix and THE FAMILY is keeping it on here. Just doesn't make much sense to me. That's the only point i was making in the whole thing..
Diane

Clarksburg, WV

#12 Apr 4, 2012
oh my wrote:
I'm sure you do. Just making a simple point... if you don't want people to talk about something then don't keep talking about it yourself ya know? I'm just saying. THE FAMILY didn't want this stuff on topix and THE FAMILY is keeping it on here. Just doesn't make much sense to me. That's the only point i was making in the whole thing..
I am not ashamed of my name or my family. If I was, I would not have signed it from my heart and stated that I am his great aunt. My name is Diane and I think everyone knows this. I am proud to state my name because I do not hide from anyone. If you have something to say to me about my family, please call me on the phone and we can discuss this like adults. I have never hidden behind anything when it comes to speaking my mind. If you know me like you say you do, call me. I will be waiting on your call. LOL! As if you are going to follow through with that. You are a weak person who feels brave hiding behind an alias on Topix.

I was very disappointed when I heard about Christopher but never said anything that was harsh. If you can find it, re-post it on here to prove your point (which you do not have). I believe in punishment for crimes and Christopher is serving his punishment. He admitted he was involved and was the first one to do so. He is taking his punishment like a man and I am proud of him for doing so. God has forgiven him and so have the members of the church.

You are too little of a person to do such a thing. I am not. I am not the final judge. God and only God is in that position. I repeat. If you are man or woman enough to talk to me, call me. I am patiently waiting by the phone to take your call and we can discuss this situation like adults instead of one of us acting like a rat hiding in it's hole and behind a username to say something. God bless you too.
Diane

Clarksburg, WV

#13 Apr 4, 2012
Diane wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not ashamed of my name or my family. If I was, I would not have signed it from my heart and stated that I am his great aunt. My name is Diane and I think everyone knows this. I am proud to state my name because I do not hide from anyone. If you have something to say to me about my family, please call me on the phone and we can discuss this like adults. I have never hidden behind anything when it comes to speaking my mind. If you know me like you say you do, call me. I will be waiting on your call. LOL! As if you are going to follow through with that. You are a weak person who feels brave hiding behind an alias on Topix.
I was very disappointed when I heard about Christopher but never said anything that was harsh. If you can find it, re-post it on here to prove your point (which you do not have). I believe in punishment for crimes and Christopher is serving his punishment. He admitted he was involved and was the first one to do so. He is taking his punishment like a man and I am proud of him for doing so. God has forgiven him and so have the members of the church.
You are too little of a person to do such a thing. I am not. I am not the final judge. God and only God is in that position. I repeat. If you are man or woman enough to talk to me, call me. I am patiently waiting by the phone to take your call and we can discuss this situation like adults instead of one of us acting like a rat hiding in it's hole and behind a username to say something. God bless you too.
The FAMILY did not post the appeal process news note on Topix. It was in the paper and that is how it made this fabulous website. I responded to it and that my friend, is my right under the freedom of speech. Tne FAMILY, as you refer to us, will stick together through thick and thin, hell or high water. We are family and that is what families are for. None of us are perfect. Neither are you. You are simply a voice behind a computer who thinks your remarks are clever.:)
Diane

Clarksburg, WV

#14 Apr 4, 2012
oh my wrote:
Or better yet, I challenge you to put your name on here too. I would love to engage in a conversation with you. Come on, be brave and tell us who you are. Proclaim it to the world! I am not afraid to do so. Why are you? I am waiting and waiting and waiting..........
oh my

Callahan, FL

#15 Apr 4, 2012
Because I don't care to continue this conversation. It's old news and I have better things to do. The end. I'm not really interested in arguing this situation anymore. It's exhausting and OLD.. the end. I have no interest in "engaging in a conversation with you either." Thanks but no thanks. It's a waste of my time. Just let it go man.
Think again

United States

#16 Apr 4, 2012
oh my wrote:
Because I don't care to continue this conversation. It's old news and I have better things to do. The end. I'm not really interested in arguing this situation anymore. It's exhausting and OLD.. the end. I have no interest in "engaging in a conversation with you either." Thanks but no thanks. It's a waste of my time. Just let it go man.
Then why did you say anything in the first place?
Diane

Clarksburg, WV

#17 Apr 4, 2012
oh my wrote:
e
Just proves I was right and you are hiding behind your alias. You know I am right and I was NOT the one who brought this up or posted about Christopher on Topix. But I will not back down from a challenge or a debate, especially when it involves my family and the fact that I am right. It is too bad we can not all be as perfect as some people think they are. You posted about me and I am ready to stand face to face with you in regard to this matter. Your reaction does not surprise me though. Everyone can read what you said. If you don't care to discuss it any further, why did you post your remark in the first place?:)
Diane

Clarksburg, WV

#18 Apr 4, 2012
And, if you know me so well, you know that I am not a man. :)
Haha

United States

#19 Apr 12, 2012
You talk about "the family". You should put as much energy cleaning up your family as you do on topix. I'd start with the daddy of this waste of human life. Just think if grandpa would have beat some sense into his boy then maybe he would have enough sense to raise this kid instead of letting him see his dad drunk, high and everything else.
I think

United States

#20 Apr 12, 2012
Haha wrote:
You talk about "the family". You should put as much energy cleaning up your family as you do on topix. I'd start with the daddy of this waste of human life. Just think if grandpa would have beat some sense into his boy then maybe he would have enough sense to raise this kid instead of letting him see his dad drunk, high and everything else.
we need to get together face to face and discuss this in more detail. I'd really like that. And this is not Ol' Diane this time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr Just saying 4,194
Who overdosed? Wed Jesse James 9
Wahama baseball Wed Dea 1
stephanie landacker (Dec '16) Aug 13 poofbegone 11
Strip mines (Feb '17) Aug 12 Chas 17
Keep deleting post huh Aug 9 Caring 28
Old scary tale Aug 7 Scary Gary 3

New Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance