wish I could Live There

Bardstown, KY

#22 Feb 25, 2011
I have property at Nolin Lake and we are going through transition at our Development as well. Our problem is 28 owners have died over the last 30 years and the taxes are still on the tax rolls and the property and they have mobile homes, Looks Trashy and Hurts our Lot Prices. Like Melody and even Lake Forest, You have all types of people and you have drug dealers and that is just a fact of life. All Lake property have the same issues. Overall Melody is a nice place and the people need to promote the positive and hope for the best for any Negative. Try to Perserve what the original people had made before the old transition.
in the arm pit of the USA

Jeffersonville, IN

#23 Jul 18, 2011
after visiting melody lake I found that there once was a nine hole golf course that has been grown over with heve woods! the person selling to me said there was a golf course. How long ago?
I saw the fire station does it have a fire truck in there? Are there any fire hydrents at Melody Lake this place is accendent waiting to happen!
was at the beach with my cousin she had great difficulty geeting down the steps we could not get into the rest rooms and had to drive back to Bardstown. Do they have any services out there?
These people should be arrested for charging members for services they do not provide. They are breaking the law you can prove it in a court of law. and charging you for services not provided is a criminal offence which would require jail time!
FYI

Georgetown, KY

#24 Jul 19, 2011
Were you visiting someone that lives there? The facilities there are for residents an their guests.
RIP

Henderson, KY

#25 Jul 19, 2011
i was trying to find some information on the lake. are the dues still low? i would like to take a trip down there and see what the area looks like and check the prices on lake front property.
what kind of restrictions are in place?
any suggestions??
FYI

Georgetown, KY

#26 Jul 20, 2011
There is a lot of houses for sale in there. You can look on Realtor.com under New Haven and see. I do know it is private and you have to live there to get in. I dont think they have any full time staff to answer questions. But I bet one of the real estate agents on one of the of listings would be able to tell you or find out. Some of it is really nice and some not so much.
us to live there

Bardstown, KY

#27 Jul 21, 2011
RIP wrote:
i was trying to find some information on the lake. are the dues still low? i would like to take a trip down there and see what the area looks like and check the prices on lake front property.
what kind of restrictions are in place?
any suggestions??
i lived there for five yrs it is a nasty place to live there has never been working restrooms at the beach house they were closed by health department 3yrs ago. There hasnt been a golf course there in 10 yrs its a 4wheeler trail and there is no road maintance on the roads winter is extremely bad i would not move there if i were u. dues went up again
in the arm pit of the USA

Lexington, KY

#28 Jul 22, 2011
use to live there, thank you for the best information to this day. If any one can tell me about services that has stoped and how long it has stoped please let me know. I want to take the board of directors and show them how wrong they are for charging their members for somthing they are not providing. They are trying to fool someone but they are not fooling me and they will not get away with it. MLRC poor property owner. I'm not poor the property is!
The arm pit of KY

Lexington, KY

#29 Jul 22, 2011
So is it a fact that the health Dept. closed the rest rooms; 3 years ago? would any one else support that. I guess that explains why I saw where some one had releived their self out side the rest room door? 6/11 Can you tell me how the four wheel trail got started or why the golf course
ended up as a four wheel trail? was it just taken over by 4wheelers/or was the golf course neglected untill 4 wheeling was all it was good for?
frog man tim

Louisville, KY

#30 Jul 23, 2011
I would sell my lot for $1500 dollars it is at cherry pass and popular circle you will see a tree stump where someone was cutting what might have been one of my trees (next to farm land.) 1/4 acer
may consider your offer. if the board of diretors
will accept your offer as my settlement; the place will be yours. offer them $30.00 thats the most Imight consider a fair offer to settle with them. and then I could only give them $10 a year after that any thing else would simply be too much!
frog man tim

Louisville, KY

#31 Jul 23, 2011
to MLRC board of directors if you read this notice here is your grand opprotunity! I offer you my lot
to settle our dispute. call and we will draw up the papers. you have my number! I'm sure you know who I am. you seem to be proud to have it its a great you'll recover what it is worth in no time at all as long as you do not ask for more than what it is worth.
RIP

Henderson, KY

#32 Jul 26, 2011
how much are the dues??
frog man

Louisville, KY

#33 Jul 30, 2011
hop on in here members, what are you all paying for
a club should have somthing for you to do. Such as go play 9 holes of golf! Or miniture golf or batting cages. How about a gym. A real club would be a respectable place; with a clean enviorment. It would have a real guard shack with a real guard in it at all times with a real secuarty patrol that keeps you your family and your property safe at night they would have a club house that looked respectable and there would be an office that was open 8 hours a day 6 days a week to take care of the members business. There would be rest rooms open for members and guest and or visitors. there would be signs showing the way and television commercials telling you about how clean and how much fun it is to come to. You have none of these things! so what are you paying for?
I am tryig to start a movement if you can not tell. Lets make this a real club that we can all be proud of. Vote the board members out. I am not sure what they are doing with our money but I feel that it must be buying somthing other than a better ranch club. No one I talk to has ever heard of this place.
frog man4spirit of Jesus

Louisville, KY

#34 Jul 30, 2011
the dues have gone up $19 it is now $169 a year with a $50 road service fee this is only what I have heard. The MLRC booklet or what ever it it was there attorney sent me stated the Dues were only $10 a year. I think $10 a year is a rip off
this place has only gone backwards they are shutting every thing down and letting every thing be grown over and watching it turn into a trash pile up and down the streets what are we paying for a dump sight? I refuse until they get rid of
the board of directors clean the place up fix the golf course and miniture golf course re open the store bring out the fire truck open the rest rooms
andmake the club house respectible and be open for business at least five days a week eight hours a day I want service if you dare ask meto pay for service! GIVE MLRC MEMBERS THE SERVICE YOU ASK THEM TO PAY FOR!

Since: Oct 10

Georgetown, KY

#35 Jul 31, 2011
I THINK WE WOULD ALL LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE DUES AND ROAD FEES ARE REALLY USED FOR. I HAVE PAID ROAD FEES AND DUES FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS AND I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY IMPROVEMENTS ANYWHERE. I THINK WE ALL NEED ITEMIZED REPORTS ON THE RUNNING OF MELODY LAKE RANCH CLUB. IN ALL OTHER COMMUNITIES WHERE HTERE ARE DUES AND FEES, THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY IS WELL KEPT WITH RULES IN EFFECT THAT EVERYONE MUST FOLLOW. THERE IS SECURITY IN PLACE THAT REALLY IS SECURITY. IF THERE ARE PROPERTIES THAT ARE LET GO OR TRASHED, THEY HAVE 30 DAY LAWS REQUIRING THE CLEAN UP. SOME OF THE PROPERTIES HERE JUST KEEP GOING DOWNHILL. MAYBE WE ALL NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND MAKE THESE CHANGES. THE ONLY WAY TO GET THESE THINGS TAKEN CARE OF IS TAKING ACTION. LETS USE THIS SITE TO COME TOGETHER AND SEE JUST WHAT WE CAN ACCOMPLISH. IF THERE ARE OTHERS OUT HERE THAT LIVE AT THE LAKE AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME CHANGES, FOLLOW WITH POSTS TO GET TOGETHER. I'M WAITING TO SEE HOW MANY SERIOUS RESPONCES I RECIEVE.
Amber

Georgetown, KY

#36 Aug 1, 2011
I live in melody lake dues are 160 a year 50 for road dues its pretty sad my nighbor put rock down before they did im so done with this place we should all get togehter it wwould be great if county would take over but look at this place why would they wanna take it over
frog man tim

Lexington, KY

#37 Aug 3, 2011
I would like to know if any one knows what MLRC offered its Members when it was at its best? When was it at its best 1965? Did this place not go any where but down? Who are the board members today. Where do the cheif officers live do they live at MLRC. Do they drive AUDI's or ATV's
Do their kids have to ride to the bus stop wid dad on a ATV or do they go to the best private school.
I am not going to pay for them to live in a big fancy home drive a fine car and send their kids to the best collage! They need to take care of the rc
until the bring back all the missing service we have a broken contract and they were the ones to break the contract and we have a problem! I'm hopping all over it!
Justified

Georgetown, KY

#38 Aug 5, 2011
over the top wrote:
<quoted text> It might be better to burn Melody Lake and New Hope while you're at it.

i think you should be burned IM from New Hope and if you want problems just come on down here runnin that mouth and im sure we can hook u up
Captin Rooster

Louisville, KY

#39 Aug 6, 2011
So you are from New hope, were you born there? I would like to meet you some time! You could show me around the town. I would like to see some of the fine things around. I know you must be a real Jewell be careful if you are going to play with matches. I think their only fire truck is broke down! I also did not see any fire hydrants last time I was there. Are you the one who burned the couch at the beach? That couch was there for the pleasure of members and not to be burned.
FYI

Georgetown, KY

#40 Aug 6, 2011
Melody Lake technically isnt in New Hope..and I think the New Haven fire department handles that area. They have many fire trucks. There are fire hydrants in New Hope..
dee

United States

#41 Aug 8, 2011
frog man tim wrote:
I would like to know if any one knows what MLRC offered its Members when it was at its best? When was it at its best 1965? Did this place not go any where but down? Who are the board members today. Where do the cheif officers live do they live at MLRC. Do they drive AUDI's or ATV's
Do their kids have to ride to the bus stop wid dad on a ATV or do they go to the best private school.
I am not going to pay for them to live in a big fancy home drive a fine car and send their kids to the best collage! They need to take care of the rc
until the bring back all the missing service we have a broken contract and they were the ones to break the contract and we have a problem! I'm hopping all over it!
I LIVED THERE IN LATE 1970'S EARLY 80'S THERE WAS A SECURITY GUARD,GRAVEL ROADS WITH A FEW POTHOLES,PLAY GROUND THERE WAS AN OLDER LADY THAT LIVED THERE SHE DROVE A CONVERTIBLE CADI IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY SHE WAS THE ONE WHO WELCOMED YOU,WHO WOULD GET THINGS DONE IF IT NEEDED TO BE DONE.IF SOMETHING NEEDED TO BE MOWED HAULED FIXED OR CUT DOWN SHE WOULD GET EVERYONE THAT LIVED THERE TO VOLUNTEER.SHE WAS THE HEART OF MELODY LAKE.THE YEAR WE MOVED THERE IT WAS HOLLOWEEN I DIDNT HAVE A COSTUME AND THEY WERE HAVING A PARTY AT THE CLUBHOUSE FOR THE KIDS SHE GOT A LG TRASH BAG CUT OUT ARMHOLES AND A SLOT FOR MY HEAD I WAS A TRASH BAG IT WAS FUNNY SHE TOOK ME TO THE PARTY SO MY PARENTS COULD MOVE AND I COULD MEET MY NEIGHBORS EVERYONE PITCHED IN IF IT NEEDED TO BE DONE U DID IT YOU DIDNT WHINE ABOUT WHAT NEEDED TO BE FIXED U FIXED IT.WHEN THE TRASH NEEDED TO BE PICK UP EVERYONE WENT OUT ON THAT DAY AND DID IT THEN HAD A COOK OUT LATER AND MADE IT A GET TOGETHER.I LOVED THAT PLACE ITS A SHAME.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Papa Johns 11 hr someone who worke... 2
Bryan Grant 16 hr Shakky 22
So lonely Sat the only child 3
Judge Derek Reed (Nov '10) Sat friend 258
who to vore for ??? Sat Shelia K 4
free sexting for girls (Jun '13) Oct 16 ooo 19
fire Oct 16 whathappened 8
New Haven Dating
Find my Match

New Haven Jobs