Wondering

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2009
How many of you will brave the Iron Horse this year?
Everybody

Newburgh, IN

#2 Sep 8, 2009
Everyone in new haven well b there

Since: Dec 08

New Haven

#3 Sep 9, 2009
I hope they have a lot more booths this year.
i like iron horse

Newburgh, IN

#4 Sep 22, 2009
but what was the deal with them not runnin the steam engine aint that what the iron horse is if they ran that maybe that bike wouldnt have got hit lol
AMoss1992

New Albany, IN

#5 Sep 22, 2009
If we would have ran the steam engine, How would we have not hit the bike?
i like iron horse

Newburgh, IN

#6 Sep 23, 2009
it was a joke lol means laugh out loud just a small joke i just wish they would have used it its an iron hore thats what it suppose to b about is that train
A joke

United States

#7 Sep 25, 2009
The iron horse is a big joke, Just a time for everyone to get drunk and be on the street.They should have everything out of towm so the streets wouldn't be blocked and the post office a hassle to get to and Guys being closed. Some of us have to work it doesn;t matter if it is a drunk fest.The train being in New Haven is also a big joke the only reason its in New Haven is because no other town wanted the black on their roofs and the hassle like Dora and Thomas being in town. The only people that makes money on the train is the Johnson;s, They have all the profit sewed up with that. Also the goverment giving the railroad all that money and where does it go? As far aS SOME OF US IS CONCERNED THE ONLY THING THE TRAIN HAS BROUGHT IS A HASSLE.
A joke

United States

#8 Sep 25, 2009
tHE PRADADE is only old cars and horses if the town was run by someone that has any sense they could have a big parade.Why don't they offer a first prize that would make people get interested in making a float or give a hudge trophy that was passed on year to year. Money talks so have a ball game at the park horse shoe pitching contest and there are a lot more things that would bring in a crowd. move all the booths to the park and that would help with the parking and make it a safer place for the kids. Throwing thaT CANDY THEY RUN OUT IN THE STREETS TO GET IS GOING TO GET SOMEONE RAN OVER.The horses are a danger because most of the riders are drunk and can't control the horses because of all the noise the cars make.Take the cars and park them somewhere so if people are interested in them they will go see them. The dance in the street is just for the drunks to fight and move it behind St. Catherines and get it out of the street.
Someone Who Cares

Bardstown, KY

#9 Sep 25, 2009
A joke wrote:
tHE PRADADE is only old cars and horses if the town was run by someone that has any sense they could have a big parade.Why don't they offer a first prize that would make people get interested in making a float or give a hudge trophy that was passed on year to year. Money talks so have a ball game at the park horse shoe pitching contest and there are a lot more things that would bring in a crowd. move all the booths to the park and that would help with the parking and make it a safer place for the kids. Throwing thaT CANDY THEY RUN OUT IN THE STREETS TO GET IS GOING TO GET SOMEONE RAN OVER.The horses are a danger because most of the riders are drunk and can't control the horses because of all the noise the cars make.Take the cars and park them somewhere so if people are interested in them they will go see them. The dance in the street is just for the drunks to fight and move it behind St. Catherines and get it out of the street.
You may feel that the festival is a joke but it is a time for many to come home and see friends they have not seen for a while. You are quick to critisize the festival but have you ever taken the time to give your suggestions or your great ideas to one of the few committee members (10-12) who volunteer their time? Have you ever volunteered your time to help? Have you ever made a donation to the festival? Did you know that this year, the festival, through donations, offered free bounce houses, arts and crafts activities, face painting, Karoake and other activities to all who attended Friday evening at the ballpark? A group of locals also played the WAMZ Country Hamz. Did you know that this past summer the festival donated money to the New Haven Public Library to support their summer reading program? Did you know that in the past the festival has also made donations to the soccer program, the football program and the Volunteer Fire Department? The festival also makes a yearly donation to the City of New Haven to support their Christmas Parade and activities with Santa and The Easter Egg Hunt! The festival is an asset to the community. Yes, it bring the drinkers to the streets. Have you ever been to other festivals? It happens at the others also. NOW, let me start on the Kentucky Railway Museum. Again another Huge asset to our community. For many years now, KRM and Thomas have brought thousands of visitors to our community who have spent lots of money in our little town. Many local organizations have benefited from parking cars for Thomas. Again, have you ever volunteered your time to help? If you did, you would see the trains historical value and what it brings to our community. Not to mention the joy the train brings to the young and the old. And by the way, who are the Johnson's who make all the money from the train? I have read that on here before.
sweetpea

Eddyville, KY

#10 Sep 26, 2009
The johnsons also paid our town police off to leave the drunks alone, thats all the iron horse is itsa a big drunk party, I agree with a joke, I went last year and donated my day but this year i stayed home some people just wanna have a good time with out the drinking, the drunks.
A joke

United States

#11 Sep 26, 2009
Tes if its ahome coming how could they enjoy themselfs for seeing the young people going around half naked and drinking and the adults acting just as bad. Tell me who benifits from Thomas but the museum and the Sherwood and who they want to set up there at the tracks? As far as the parking thats a rip off.
Someone Who Cares

Bardstown, KY

#12 Sep 28, 2009
sweetpea wrote:
The johnsons also paid our town police off to leave the drunks alone, thats all the iron horse is itsa a big drunk party, I agree with a joke, I went last year and donated my day but this year i stayed home some people just wanna have a good time with out the drinking, the drunks.
That is a ridiculous comment! They must be paying off the county and state police also. They both patrol during the festival as well. If you are only seeing drunks, you must not be hanging out in the festival area.
Someone Who Cares

Bardstown, KY

#13 Sep 28, 2009
A joke wrote:
Tes if its ahome coming how could they enjoy themselfs for seeing the young people going around half naked and drinking and the adults acting just as bad. Tell me who benifits from Thomas but the museum and the Sherwood and who they want to set up there at the tracks? As far as the parking thats a rip off.
It is not a home coming. But many people from out of town come in for it. They obviously spend their time in the festival area not in the bar areas.
Again, our whole town benefits from Thomas. If there are businesses in town who are not making money during Thomas it is their own fault. KRM brings in thousands of visits during that time. KRM can't do much more to help businesses out those days. If businesses want to make money on those days they must make an effort themselves. Clean up the front of their buildings. First impressions are everything. Who wants to eat somewhere who doesn't take care of their facilities, outside and most of all inside. It is such a shame that we have resteraunts in our community that serve great food but the atmostphere in some of them is terrible. If businesses want visitors to visit them they must be inviting and look and act respectable. As far as the parking, where do you ever go and not have to pay to park? The parking is a donation to the organization who is helping park, not a required fee! KRM does not receive a penny of it. You think it is a joke, but for someone who is not from our area, it is a great help to be directed to a parking spot without having to search on their own. Especially when they are running behind for their train ride. And it also helps to keep people from parking in unauthorized areas.
New Haven Resident

Eddyville, KY

#14 Sep 30, 2009
I have attended the Iron Horse for many years now. Years ago it was for the party, but now that i have children I have found a whole new meaning to the festival. We as a family had a great time this year. Not once did I run into anyone drinking, or acting that way. I was there from 9am till 9pm. I will admitt we stayed on the North side of the tracks. I let my kids play with their friends not feeling like they were in danger.
In other words,If you want to party go to where the party is, at the bars, if your want the family friendly part go to center street and behind St. Catherine. Friday night was also a blast for the kids, no drinking at all! At least if someone was it was kept out of site.
Thanks Iron Horse Festival Committee for another great year! Keep it in town!!!!
hummmm

Newburgh, IN

#15 Dec 10, 2009
sum people r sayin a person got shot at night at the iron horse but i dont no.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thanial Williams (Jun '16) 11 hr You know 6
Monkey see monkey do, who's the biggest player ... 14 hr Stephany 7
WHY is everyone being busted but HER?? (Aug '12) 17 hr Drew 10
break ins 18 hr i hear u 1
LaRue Jail Investigation Tue Know it report it 2
Michael Davis? Dec 11 Joe blow 7
Christy Fulkerson Dec 10 Derek 6

New Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance