New charter met with opposition at me...

New charter met with opposition at meeting

There are 4 comments on the Journalgazette.net story from Feb 27, 2013, titled New charter met with opposition at meeting. In it, Journalgazette.net reports that:

The hearing was conducted by the Indiana Charter Schools Board, a charter school authorizer that currently authorizes one other local charter school - Thurgood Marshall Leadership Academy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journalgazette.net.

support public schools

Oxford, OH

#1 Feb 28, 2013
I don't care how many private schools are set up as long as my tax dollars are only used for public schools. They are only used for public school, right? Right?.....
Space Donkey

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Feb 28, 2013
Wrong. Now your dollars are even used to train teachers with guns!
Syd yeah i said it

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Feb 28, 2013
They are going to do what they want anyway, despite who you voted for, what they promised, what political party you think they represent. We're all screwed pretty much. No longer the land of the free.
velogeezer

Brownsburg, IN

#4 Mar 1, 2013
Why don't they call them what they are-publicly funded private schools?
Charter schools can pick and choose their students. As far as I know, they don't have to admit special needs students and students with troubled backgrounds and or stupid students.
As for vouchers for students attending parochial schools: That comes very close to government support of religious teaching, and I think most of us agree that the government has no busines in religious training.
I do not belong to a teachers union, nor does any member of my family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump: 'We can't continue to allow China to rap... Tue Beijing Wall Street 37
News Girlfriend sobs details of slaying (Dec '06) Jun 22 smiley 22
Looking for adult breast feeding partner in for... (Apr '12) Jun 16 Bigtitties 21
kids ranch (Aug '07) Jun 15 Amanda coffield 26
The truth about April Marie Tinsley Jun 12 jennifer77 2
Looking for... Jun 12 Mrs green 1
News Indiana child welfare officials want group to s... Jun 11 Hostis Publicus 3

New Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Haven Mortgages