Stratford gets new human resources chief

Stratford gets new human resources chief

There are 10 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jan 2, 2008, titled Stratford gets new human resources chief. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

New Haven's top personnel official has been hired as the town's human resources director.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Jezebel282

Long Beach, NY

#1 Jan 3, 2008
Can Burgett say "You're fired. Miron doesn't like the way you are dressed today."? Anybody mention to her that there isn't a woman over 50 in Town Hall? Miron already got rid of them.

We wish Marilyn Flores good luck with Mark Haddad. We sure hope he's worth it (but we doubt it).
Just on voice

Meriden, CT

#2 Jan 3, 2008
Why is everone jumping ship in Stratford? Town hall, Police, Fire whats going on cost alot more to train new people the keep the old ones. Makes you think.
pwilson

Sandy Hook, CT

#3 Jan 3, 2008
Just on voice wrote:
Why is everone jumping ship in Stratford? Town hall, Police, Fire whats going on cost alot more to train new people the keep the old ones. Makes you think.
Because black beard is in charge.
Joel Gonzalez

Randolph, NJ

#5 Jan 14, 2008
Mayor James R. Miron seems to better understand that there is great talented folks still left in Connecticut cities and towns. Now If Mr. Miron could call Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch and explain this to him, it would be appreciated.
National Searches should be the last resort. I haven't read or heard news of mayor Miron forming committees to hire and find qualified workers.
Outsider

Bridgeport, CT

#7 Jan 20, 2008
Joel Gonzalez wrote:
Mayor James R. Miron seems to better understand that there is great talented folks still left in Connecticut cities and towns. Now If Mr. Miron could call Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch and explain this to him, it would be appreciated.
National Searches should be the last resort. I haven't read or heard news of mayor Miron forming committees to hire and find qualified workers.
Stratford might as well pick up all the other people that the towns and cities don't want
Connecticut Sam

Waukegan, IL

#8 Jan 20, 2008
I always believe that National Searches are a waste of money.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9 Sep 17, 2012
I agree with my brother, #8, God bless his little heart.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#10 Dec 18, 2012
How is he doing?
Truth

Stratford, CT

#12 Dec 19, 2012
What is amazing is that Human Resources is supposed to be just that..........

The name is Human Resources NOT Human Advisary ! They don't get it and then they wonder why they have disgruntled employee's in this Town. If there is no money I get it, come to a meeting with all the employee's and show and tell. I can except that. But what they do instead is to go back and nitpick on agreements that have been made and agreed to for years and these people continue to try and HURT the employee's and retiree's. I have NO respect for the way they do business. Ing is a classless act. He doesn't get it..... Employee's will work harder when treated with respect. Employee's will work when treated without respect.
Joe Hill

Cos Cob, CT

#13 Dec 19, 2012
That department DESPISES the town employees. HR departments usually are an ally to employees, helpful and looking for ways to get better coverage or services, but NOT THIS GUY! A new level of incompetence has been reached with botched tests, illegal changes and unilateral decisions which go against long established practices. The worst thing ever done was going to the mayoral form of government which brings in Incompetent No Good people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 28 min Theresa head gibbons 20,479
News Monk Parakeets find downtown trees fruitful Tue Samuels Furnace Man 9
Review: CT Krav Maga & MMA Aug 10 kenial 5
News Former police officer pleads guilty in Internet... (Apr '08) Aug 2 global gaza 12
News Savin Rock Festival kicks off tonight Jul 29 CTguy1955 1
Electronic harrassment Jul '16 Sickofit 4
News Wounded Warriors Donation Jar Stolen Jul '16 Just me 2

New Haven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Haven Mortgages