Deadly shooting in New Haven

Full story: WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut

A 21-year old man is dead after an early morning shooting in New Haven. It happened near the intersection of Chatham and Atwater Streets.
Comments
41 - 59 of 59 Comments Last updated Sep 16, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FaT FaT

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

FaT FaT wrote:
R.I.P Emilio!! I Love You ALways & Forever... It wasn't right that they took him away from his family... He was to young 2 go, i hope they dont stop looking for the person who took a wonderful, careing, loving person... I Miss You!!!
It isn't right man, This can't be real... Y Him??
Mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

I don't know how I ended up in this neighborhood, because i grew up far away from this end of the spectrum. Since moving to new haven i've discovered a lot of harsh realities, mainly about intolerence on everyone's part. Ignorance is running rampant, and when put behind a gun, ignorance is very powerful. It's wrong that i've become so apathetic toward these people. Killing each other over pride, taking emotion to a deadly level. Living here has brought me to the conclusion that as we need a lisence to drive, we should have one to procreate as well. I feel terrible for this boy who has lost his life. But in a society where people are turning their backs on reason and logic, turning to violence to solve their trivial problems, i can only worry about myself and the future of this country. It seems as though we are doomed. I was shocked to see police tape so close to my house. And immediately grateful it wasn't me. I wish there was something that could change the way things are, but apparently cycles are hard to break, and i'd rather enjoy my life than be miserable trying to help miserable, fearful people that don't want my help anyway.

my condolances to the family, my comments are not about you. They're about the shooter/people who live by and support this type of lifestyle.
concernedreally

Old Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Get mad, I am A Black Female who resides in the Heart of New Haven. I earn over $600, 000 a year. I have my Phd I am a Chemist and Chemical Engineer. Every race has flaws but since you took it there. Some white people kill their own families and commit suicide when life comes at them hard. We protect ours. Then your people are always commenting on black music because of the lyrics but what about some of the white music I have heard with lyrics talkig about suicide and killing parents and all that B.S.
You would probably kill yourself if you even had a hint of what blacks and hispanics go through---you racist prick.
Hypocrite.....your comments are just as, if not more racist than the origional poster. "We protect ours"(yeah "you" are doing a great job of protecting your young). And where do you get off stating "You would probably kill yourself if you even had a hint of what blacks and hispanics go through" without thinking that it is just as racist as me stating that you need to thank affirmative action for that PHD you claim you have.
mary

Bellingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

the race card is an easy one to pull.

living off of other people's hard earned money via government assistance is not something to aspire to, yet when i find myself walking through the grocery store, and i get stuck behind some huge family with their cart overflowing and their WIC forms ready to go, i can't help but get frustrated. you don't protect your own. you raise them with a poor sense of reality, that being that you should use physical violence to solve problems. i've never witnessed an intelligent dispute between two people of lower economical status, only loud, juvenile insults and threats.

it doesn't matter what color a person is, there's this sense of a desperate need to appear powerful by any means when someone hits a certain social status. the lower the status, the more negative those needs become.

its not that whites are as bad as blacks, or that anyone is better than another. we're different and have different kinds of negativity. black people are all about pride, if it is injured they need to make up for it and make sure their friends know and acknowledge that fact. they use humiliation as a way to gain power. if by 'taking care of your own' you mean standing by while they kill each other off, give birth to a slowly growing rate of bastard children born to young unfit mothers, and filling up our cities jails, then you're doing an amazing job.

that's not to say that white people don't contribute to much of this countries problems because they do, but so does EVERYONE and that is the point. we all play our part. until we are ready to face ourselves there will never be any improvement and we will continue on in this state of fear of each other.
Anna New Haven Ct

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

I think it is bad for our community the way black people handle thier problems they would rather pull out a gun and put a hole in your ass instead of throw down thats to easy they scared of getting thier ass wooped. They know they will get embarresed cause a Puerto Rican will fuck them up phiscally.
Crushed

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Judged:

Donít you think your taking this a little too far? If you want to blog about useless nonsense please go some where else. These are real people, hurting and missing a loved one. Please just stop your comments and let us be.
Law and order wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a PHD? HA - you mention "every race has flaws" - so where did the chemical breakdown go wrong with the street trash? maybe as part of your Doctorate you should have determined the sequence of DNA that breeds the pollution that walks around the innner cities robbing and killing innocent citizens and breaking the law on a regular basis. Also you said "WE PROTECT OURS" of course you do because when little shaquil goes and kills a couple of people you never turn him over to the cops. Did you get your PHD from some online course? I bet you did.
Lee

Meriden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

I am the fiance Of Miguel "MIKETO" Morales and would like to thank all of those who have sent their condolences and blessings to our family, we appreciate your compassion for us at this time.
And for those of you who feel other wise 'May god bless you and your family' so that you would never have to grieve for a loved one.

Rest in Peace Bae!!!!
Miguel "Miketo" A. Morales Jr.
Forever in our Hearts!!!
SocietySays

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

rosalba wrote:
Is really sad situation that happened in New Haven, we're losing many young gays in the last 12 months; i think that police department must put a lot of attention to Fair Haven, and work with young people that not suppose to have a gun.
There are so many gays between 14 and 30 years, walking and drivig cars in New Haven streets with illegal arms. My opinion is POLICE start working with them now, or our neirborhood will be a heil. No more violence, Stop, Stop.
Maybe you should learn proper english before constantly saying they're "gay". And maybe the PARENTS and community can do something about these little thugs with guns. Your neighborhoods are already a hell, and no one in them will work with the police. You people made your bed, it's time for you to fix it. Thanks Mayor Destefano for the illegal immigrant killing mill in New Haven. We're tired of your inner city whining, until you make up your minds to take responsibility I guess the funeral directors will be buying Mercedes alot.
NeuroPathDoc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Get mad, I am A Black Female who resides in the Heart of New Haven. I earn over $600, 000 a year. I have my Phd I am a Chemist and Chemical Engineer. Every race has flaws but since you took it there. Some white people kill their own families and commit suicide when life comes at them hard. We protect ours. Then your people are always commenting on black music because of the lyrics but what about some of the white music I have heard with lyrics talkig about suicide and killing parents and all that B.S.
You would probably kill yourself if you even had a hint of what blacks and hispanics go through---you racist prick.
PHD and chemist/chemical engineer making $600,000.00 a year. In New Haven? And you protect your family how? Not talking to the police? Shooting someone who dissed you? Isn't the most feared thing in New Haven a group of young black males? Taking a razor to that girl messing with your man? And my people commenting on your music? Me hearing verbal garbage and vulgarities blasting out of a pimped out car at 200Db and 600 watts shouldn't bother me? And what do blacks and hispanics go through? Did you get your education free, and through qoutas? Little special programs designed to give you a helping hand because your people aren't quite as smart as everyone else? Those orientals must really bug you. My comments are terrible aren't they? So are yours. You're no better or worse than any other bigot on these boards. You usually hope that the higher the level of education, the more enlightened you become. Sadly you missed that boat. Thank god you don't work for my research division.
jazzy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

i wish it would stop wrote:
I didnt know Emilio like that but my bestfriend did and we always used to see him at the races, he was a likeable person,every one was friendly with him.its a shame how these things happen. i have friends living in fairhaven that dont even want to live there anymore because all the violence these past 2 weeks, when is this **** going to end.
RIP EMILIO.you are loved and missed by many.
RIP MIKITO
RIP CRYSTAL & HAPPY BIRTHDAY
At the races, I guess you don't mean Belmont. Must be the Long Wharf 500.
jazzy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

we love you pumpii wrote:
damn its seems like all you hating **** people stay talkin some ****, you really need to get educated and realize that new haven is a beautiful place and yeah we do unfunately do have alot of shottings but that doesnt mean that everyone that does get shot up was a gangsta .. like the saying says some people are just at the wrong place at the wrong time. and as for my concern emilio was just one of the good ones that died young. so before you start talkin ****. so why dont you fake **** people that are quick to talk **** get the facts striaght!!!
R.i.P pumpii may god rest your soul!!
always loved NEVER forgotten!!!
You apparently don't have many schools however.

“Elm City's Finest”

Since: Jun 08

New Haven/Shelton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

looks like they got the guy http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp...
NHPD

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

?
NHPD

Jewett City, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2009

anon wrote:
WOW. you are one callous dude. jesus does not approve.
Yea
Jpellot

East Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

rosalba wrote:
Is really sad situation that happened in New Haven, we're losing many young gays in the last 12 months; i think that police department must put a lot of attention to Fair Haven, and work with young people that not suppose to have a gun.
There are so many gays between 14 and 30 years, walking and drivig cars in New Haven streets with illegal arms. My opinion is POLICE start working with them now, or our neirborhood will be a heil. No more violence, Stop, Stop.
Well Miguel Morales wasn't gay. I knew him.
Just for the record

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Yeah just for the record i live in new haven ct and I knew Emilio Cruz very closely.....By the way he is not gay because he was engaged to my sister Jennette and they loved each other very dearly....He was a very talented baseball player and he was a very respectable guy.....I miss him dearly and so does my sister that he has been with for 8 years until this happen to him.....and for the people who are so ignorant to say things that are not right f*** you okay cuz you probably haven't had this happen to you and when you will i hope you learn to be more compassionate towards stories similar to this one.....it you dont i hope you fucking rott in hell.....we miss you pumpy and until we meet again my bro.....
luis macleod

Newtown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2011

You'll be missed but never forgotten emilio
Tina

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

I was the love of his life of miguel miketo morales he was a great kid and he meant a great deal to the community n very loved by everyone the pain doesnt get easy with time just harder n for all of you who talk down on god child god bless you i will be praying you lost another close friend a week.later emilio n then 3days later another miseal worst summer ever nhpd need to work n get these guns off the streets it's not safe anymore rip my fellow angels love u all miketo ill see you soon fatboy
Friend of Pumpy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Emilio Cruz wasn't even gay...check your facts before publishing ignorant comments. He was engaged to a beautiful girl with a baby on the way!
rosalba wrote:
My hart is gief for that families who loose their chldren in the last two weeks. Miguel Morales and Emilio Cruz both gays went to Fair Haven Middle School with my daugther, today there are not here forever,very Sad. My question is, our city authorities really care what happen in our poor community? or they are thinking that wind of violence will stop by theirself, no,no,we need help inmediately or our children can't walk out safety in Fair Haven. HELP!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the New Haven Forum right now

Search the New Haven Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr bannedagain3 18,537
Review: Fairmount Theatre (Oct '10) 7 hr Mike 2,855
Pressure Mounts To House Refugee Kids Tue Joe 1
Come See 10 New Babies At The Beardsley Zoo Jul 19 stephanie 28
The Amusing History Of Savin Rock, From 1870 To... (Jul '07) Jul 15 rob 88
Any "bump ahead" signs in the greater new haven... Jul 6 Mary 1
Devastating Circus Fire Sparked Push For Safety Jul 4 Petal Power 1
•••
•••
•••
New Haven Dating

more search filters

less search filters