Danbury Hospital CFO got 4 million when he retired in 2008

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Connecticut Post story titled Danbury Hospital CFO got 4 million when he retired in 2008. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

When Chief Financial Officer Art Tedesco retired from Danbury Hospital in 2008, he got a very nice going away present -- about $4 million in fringe benefits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Vigilante

AOL

#1 Jul 18, 2009
These CEO's of hospitals have this incredible sense of entitlement. This isn't unusual. Unfortunately, most hospitals are run like a corporate business with layers of management who have no idea about healthcare and its purposes. Rather these managers and CEO's are really just micromanagers who hoard the money and pay themselves handsomely with no regard to the patients or healthcare staff.
This is also happening in the non-profit hospitals as well.
There is lip service compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley in addition.
Danbury Was Our Town

Boston, MA

#2 Jul 18, 2009
These salaries seem out of line to me, DH is a non-profit, but this is corporate compensation. It is hard not to put these salaries at the apex of why health care costs Americans so much. It looks like things have been working out just fine for the top execs. I would like to see our Senators, Congressmen, and state officials take a look at this.
Awful

New Fairfield, CT

#3 Jul 20, 2009
In the past my husband and I had given some small donations to Danbury Hospital. After reading this article, I find myself feeling disgusted over these high salaries. I won't donate to the hospital again. How about not giving these people these exhoribitant salary and benefits packages and maybe the hospital wouldn't have to grovel for donations like they do.
A Bethel Resident Says

AOL

#4 Jul 20, 2009
this is an absolute waste of money these eexecs get. I agree with the poster above. I will NEVER give a donation to Danbury Hospital again.

While the nurses and staff who do ALL the work struggle, these high paying fools make al the money.
Disgusted

New Fairfield, CT

#5 Jul 20, 2009
I understand you have to pay good salaries to attract good quality employees, but come on these salaries are outrageous and over the top. I'm thoroughly disgusted when I read this article. The amounts of money awarded to these people is insane.
Red

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jul 20, 2009
So What!...Worry about what our President is proposing and keep your eye on the wasteful Congress...
Sam

New Haven, CT

#7 Jul 20, 2009
I want Art job when he retired, so I don't have to ask for free food.
frustrated doc

Danbury, CT

#8 Jul 20, 2009
absurd. these guys are living the high life while primary care docs on the ground are barely scraping by.
Employee of Hospital

Seneca, SC

#9 Jul 20, 2009
This is part of what is wrong with Health Care today. No doubt the new CEO- John Murphy- will make upwards of this amount.
Employee of Hospital

Seneca, SC

#10 Jul 20, 2009
The presidents proposal would hopefully eliminate such greed in health care.
Employee of Hospital

Seneca, SC

#11 Jul 20, 2009
Not-for-profit just means that there are no greedy profiting shareholders. So instead there are greedy executives- there is no difference.
Hospital President

Cheshire, CT

#13 Jul 20, 2009
Sam wrote:
I want Art job when he retired, so I don't have to ask for free food.
You got his job, Sam.
Sam

Cheshire, CT

#14 Jul 20, 2009
A Bethel Resident Says wrote:
this is an absolute waste of money these eexecs get. I agree with the poster above. I will NEVER give a donation to Danbury Hospital again.
While the nurses and staff who do ALL the work struggle, these high paying fools make al the money.
I agree with you, and other writers.
Ben Franklin

Bayonne, NJ

#15 Jul 20, 2009
Well its clear the CFO and Hospital Mgt took good care of the CFO - is that why our health care costs so much? Just what did he do for a FOUR MIL pay out?
DH PIST EMPLOYEE

Danbury, CT

#16 Jul 21, 2009
Its great how they are talking about giving no raises for 2009 to save money yet they will be getting there millions. using excuses like cost of living is high so they need it, what about the rest of us that would take a lifetime of saving to get what they make in 6 months. HR a lady that hires us and does nothing. what is this shit? she probably took all the referal bonuses for herself since they always seem to fuck employees over by not giving them the money for bringing someone in. this is a huge example why our economy sucks now.something needs to be done!
Amy

Danbury, CT

#17 Jul 21, 2009
What are these "incentives" comprised of? What "fringe benefits"????
Nice- and staff are lucky to get a 5 cent hour raise!
Employee of Hospital

Danbury, CT

#18 Jul 21, 2009
Right on about Courtway, now he needs an executive director who needs a director to get his work done. Amazing
Without Hope

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jul 21, 2009
I never will give money again. It's the same every where, in St. Vincent's Susan Davis gets all the money and others VP's and directors, but the rest of employees have nothing not raises for 2009. The rest of money is going to the church and lawyers to cover the demands against the priests. Shame! let see if finally someone do something about it. On top of this they still asking for money...lol... Ronald Bianchi is the VP for this foundation let see how much he makes?
Contributor to DH

Montpelier, VT

#20 Jul 21, 2009
Having donated money to Danbury Hospital in the past, in which I believed my money was being used to support the patients who were going thru a tough time in their lives, I am appalled and absolutely dissappointed to see these numbers. DH should ask Phyllis Zappala for a large donation, because I can speak on my behalf that my business will no longer be donating any money.
Angry in Brookfield

Montpelier, VT

#21 Jul 21, 2009
Never again will I donate to Danbury Hospital. What a shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fairmount Theatre (Oct '10) 7 hr LikesToJO 3,899
Michael Spalding 14 hr Wondering 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr Chuck 19,852
News Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tan... Sat American Gentlema... 1
bi-curious wm looking to end curiousity Apr 20 jammer 5675 1
sexting Apr 20 jammer 5675 6
Guy Burr (Mar '13) Apr 20 Jennca1723 2
More from around the web

New Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]