New Haven man puts up stop sign at site where son died

Full story: WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut

A New Haven father is taking matters into his own hands just days after his son died while riding a stolen dirt bike.
Comments
1 - 20 of 384 Comments Last updated Feb 7, 2013
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
LITIGATOR

Taftville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Here we go again.
Clint

Farmington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Maybe he should have taught hi son to:A)not steal a dirt bike
B)not ride an unregistered dirt bike on the street
C)wear a helmet
D)obey traffic signs,laws,signals, etc.
Former Resident

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

It seems as if the now infamous felon Arnold Payne has exceeded his 15 minutes of fame. Will someone please send him back to prison. He should have cared more about keeping his son on the straight and narrow, the friends he kept and his constant trouble with the police than errecting a frivolous and illegal street sign. The thugs who ride these stolen and illegal motorcycles and ATV don't obey any laws what makes him think they will obey an illegal sign? What little sympathy I had for any adult to have to bury a child was dimisnished with his absurd comments that the police beat the innocent driver insteasd of the plain truth his dead son's fellow thug friends did it.
Dave

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Once again it is all someone elses fault.

I am a little confused - the report says the teen thief drove through a stop sign - if there was a stop sign why is the father posting a fake one?
Fire Marshall Bill

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Anyone care to start the Rev Al Sharpton countdown? Over under is another 20 hours.
Anon56

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Funny how dad doesn't mention anything about the stolen dirtbike - just the lack of street signs.

Hasn't anyone heard of personal responsibility??

And yes... yes... beat the van driver because he's the one who told the kid to steal the dirtbike and cream himself on the back of his van. That makes total sense... oh wait...
Sick of it

West Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

"Arnold Payne nailed his make shift sign to a tree because he believes if a real stop sign was in place, the accident that killed his son might have been avoided."
Well, I believe that if he was more involved in his son's life then the kid wouldn't have been out breaking the law and stealing a bike.
Lack of accountability... that's what's driving this state and country down. People need to stop being so liberal minded that it's always society's fault. Maybe it's time for this guy to look at himself. Your kids most of the time grow up to become like you.
jpd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Another professional victim!!!!
JEH aka JJ

Ansonia, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

This man is making absolutely NO sense to me. The van driver didn't blow the stop sign, his kid did with the stolen bike.

I feel very sorry for any parent that has to bury a child, but, this was NOT the fault of the van driver, it was the kids fault, yet the van driver gets beat up.

Is it me, or is something NOT right here?
SMB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Give me a break. This guy is seriously ridiculous. His 15 year old, unlicensed son blew a stop sign on a stolen dirtbike. It's sad that he died but at the same time he caused it to happen, nobody but him. Instead of his father taking responsibility for that he is blaming everyone else and looking all over for any publicity he can get. Really sad that instead of honoring his son's memory he's cauing rukus in anyway he can find...
DOT

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

And what is wrong with the Red and White STOP signs, we already know and love? Do the inner city folks ... need some thing like "YO ALL, YOU GOTTA STOP AT LEAST SLOW DOWN"
kcar3atyahoodotc om

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

stupid cry baby monkey if u were a better father your son would be alive it's your fault for not watching him and raising him with morals .......you killed your son you should kill urself too
kcar3atyahoodotc om

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

stupid cry baby monkey if u were a better father your son would be alive it's your fault for not watching him and raising him with morals .......you killed your son you should kill urself too
Utter Nonsense

East Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

The father is a joke. He is suggesting that we need another stop sign. I wonder if it occured to him that his son IGNORED a stop sign. Of course, had he not IGNORED the stop sign, he would not have killed himself. Everything else - the run ins with the law, the stolen motorcycle, the lack of a license - would still not have killed him if he had simply STOPPED AT THE STOP SIGN!

Well dad, shut up and go away. Your son is 100% at fault for his own death. It's time for you to stop blaming everyone else you can think of.
Fed Up

Killingworth, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Would Channel 8 stop paying attention to this clown? I bet next he will sue the owner of the dirt bike for not providing a helmet.

Isn't there real news to cover?
Scott McKechnie

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

How about a sign saying "Don't steal a dirt bike and ride it on a city street" Oh but wait that would be the real problem and we can't have that.
EinCT

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

This dude is in serious denial! Get a life dad!
Sad

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Well, glad to see New Haven's education program is working well. I think that sign says it all.
Anthony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

Maybe his kid should not have stolen a dirt bike, illegally rhode it and blown through his stop sign. Maybe he should have taught his kid not to follow in his or his grandfathers footsteps of crime. The grandfather tried to kill a cop, my father.
hope

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2008

Judged:

thats not a real stop sign nobody will stop at it you need a real sign

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

New Haven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Haven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••