New Milford woman critically injured in 2-car accident in Danbury

Full story: NewsTimes.com 35
A New Milford woman was critically injured in a two-car accident that closed White Turkey Road Extension for several hours Thursday afternoon. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SlowDownYups

Boston, MA

#1 Feb 15, 2008
Traffic lights don't work when people constatntly ignore them. People are constantly running this light and passing on double yellow lines on this road. We can only pray for Kathleen Doyle's recovery.

Since: Oct 07

Danbury

#2 Feb 15, 2008
what a jerk. because he was so impatient that he couldn't wait at a red light, which probably wasnt going to be longer than 1 minute, someone is now on the verge of dieing. scum bag.
fix the intersection

Monroe, CT

#3 Feb 15, 2008
that intersection is a perfect example of what happens when developers are allowed to run amok and break all the rules. That traffic light has zero visibility until you round the corner then its suddenly on top of you. Not defending anyone here- just pointing out that if we continue to let developers do this we will have more accidents.
go slow then

Amston, CT

#4 Feb 15, 2008
fix the intersection wrote:
that intersection is a perfect example of what happens when developers are allowed to run amok and break all the rules. That traffic light has zero visibility until you round the corner then its suddenly on top of you. Not defending anyone here- just pointing out that if we continue to let developers do this we will have more accidents.
if the person is going slower then he or she will see the light.
Nemesys

Danbury, CT

#5 Feb 15, 2008
The only solutions to our traffic nightmares seem to be to add more traffic lights, which slows down traffic even more and encourages incidents such as this. You can't make it across town any more without wasting almost an hour's worth of time, gas, and wear and tear because of all these foolish lights.

That being said, anyone who runs a traffic light and injures another person should be charged with vehicular assault.
oh cmon now

United States

#6 Feb 15, 2008
"That being said, anyone who runs a traffic light and injures another person should be charged with vehicular assault."

You made sense up until this chilling statement. Lighten up, N-dawg.
Se Habla

Watertown, CT

#7 Feb 15, 2008
the poor woman. My prayers are with her.
Nemesys

Danbury, CT

#8 Feb 15, 2008
"You made sense up until this chilling statement. Lighten up, N-dawg"

I'm consistant, since I approach this issue from the standpoint of accountibility. The city is accountible to come up with better solutions than more lights. A few lights in key places is helpful, while uncoordinated scores of lights just adds to the chaos.

However, any clown that blows through a red light and hurts someone deserves to be hauled out of their car and get their face kicked.

However, since that's neither legally or politically correct, accountibility will have to remain a legal one, and, imnsho, it should not be a simple traffic citation.
crabby2day

Brunswick, ME

#9 Feb 15, 2008
fix the intersection wrote:
True. The original intent of that road was an expressway bypass for the congested Federal Rd. First, the government let developers add the intersection for the corporate park, now they've allowed the intersection for the Lowes/Loews shopping area. With all the traffic lights, turning lanes, and additional traffic, the purpose of the road, and its safety have been defeated.
Talk to the Hand

Purchase, NY

#10 Feb 15, 2008
Running a red light - what's the rush, genius? In a bigger hurry than the rest of us?
Deport the Bum

East Haven, CT

#11 Feb 15, 2008
Deport this guy to Guam just for being an idiot.
An Idea

East Haven, CT

#12 Feb 15, 2008
We can't we have unmarked cars or cameras hang out at this interection and at Costco where people run the lights all day long. I'm sure the tickets issued will cover the expenditure
coin4

Southbury, CT

#13 Feb 15, 2008
People only care about themselves and getting where they need to be. It's the Fairfield County mentality.
Nevermind that you might k-ill someone or permanently alter their lives by your reckless actions.
hope yet

Southington, CT

#14 Feb 15, 2008
Tell me how many of us have never day dreamed at one time or another while driving? And maybe had a close call or two. Not ignoring the fact that someone was hurt badly and I wish her well. But what part of the word accident makes you a bad person? This easily could have been you and I. Unfortunatley Accidents happen.
U R Wrong

Ridgefield, CT

#15 Feb 15, 2008
What's wrong with charging some jerk who breaks the law and thinks his time is more important than everybody else's with vehicular assualt? People need to grow up and raslize that their actions have consequences.
melissa suopurn

Hartford, CT

#16 Feb 15, 2008
run a red light, critically injure someone, get a citation. now THAT seems the right thing to do. no wonder the danbury police have such a bad rep.
Colt 45 works every time

United States

#17 Feb 15, 2008
Nemesys wrote:
"You made sense up until this chilling statement. Lighten up, N-dawg"
I'm consistant, since I approach this issue from the standpoint of accountibility. The city is accountible to come up with better solutions than more lights. A few lights in key places is helpful, while uncoordinated scores of lights just adds to the chaos.
However, any clown that blows through a red light and hurts someone deserves to be hauled out of their car and get their face kicked.
However, since that's neither legally or politically correct, accountibility will have to remain a legal one, and, imnsho, it should not be a simple traffic citation.
Your rules and laws blind you from thinking rationally. You're one of those who come to the internet and complain about illegal immigrants on a regular basis. That says a lot.
Nemesys

Danbury, CT

#18 Feb 15, 2008
"You're one of those who come to the internet and complain about illegal immigrants on a regular basis. That says a lot."

Maybe so, but you said nothing at all.
STAYATHOMEMOM-

New Milford, CT

#19 Feb 15, 2008
U R Wrong wrote:
What's wrong with charging some jerk who breaks the law and thinks his time is more important than everybody else's with vehicular assualt? People need to grow up and raslize that their actions have consequences.
OH LIKE THE GUY ON THE HIGHWAY WHO KILLED THE 2 WOMEN A FEW MONTHS BACK. I'D STILL LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANY PERSON WHO WITNESSED HIM BEING CUT OFF. I STILL CANT GET OVER THAT "STORY"...WELL, HE KNOWS THE TRUTH!!!!AND WE NEVER WILL,I GUESS...
nice try

United States

#20 Feb 15, 2008
Nemesys wrote:
"You're one of those who come to the internet and complain about illegal immigrants on a regular basis. That says a lot."
Maybe so, but you said nothing at all.
I'm sticking up for the people you go out of your way to harass. You still don't get it. I'm actually trying to be nice about it, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Haven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fairmount Theatre (Oct '10) 1 hr GIVE OR RECIEVE 3,458
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Bently 19,568
Connecticut Style on News Channel 8 (Jul '11) Dec 17 Pamela W 3
Parents Investigation on DCF in CT (Feb '09) Dec 15 Satan nocks 42
abbie Dec 13 abe 1
Home Depot Plaza Dec 7 Husky Fan 1
Review: Craystone Massage Therapy Dec 2 Sal 1
New Haven Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web