Witman brief filed in Pa. Superior Court

Witman brief filed in Pa. Superior Court

There are 28 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Witman brief filed in Pa. Superior Court. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The ongoing argument over Zachary Paul Witman's fate and his socks is now before the Pennsylvania Superior Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JEP

State College, PA

#22 Sep 27, 2008
I remember the parents saying there was still a killer loose in New Freedom after he was rightfully convicted. There is not a killer still on the loose in New Freedom, he is sitting in Smithfield Prison. I have lived here 6 years & could not have imagined a safer place to raise my family. Except for this murder of 1 brother by the other, this is a safe town to raise your family. If Greg hadn't of caught Zach smoking pot, he would still be alive. The real murderer is where he belongs, & there should be no more waste of tax dollars. The judicial system in this state is too liberal & friendly to the criminals instead of protecting the people.
shelley17349

Sarasota, FL

#23 Sep 29, 2008
I,as a mother can relate to how the Witman's feel. You always want to believe the best of your children. You can never believe one would kill the other one, so you keep hoping. Maybe they feel all they have left is to keep fighting for Zach. I don't know, I have never been in those shoes. I have never lost a child but I can only imagine it has to be one of the worst things in the world to happen to a parent. So don't be to hard on them, let them hold on to a small sting of hope. (to Wondering from Baltimore, you are wrong about no murders in New Freedom, there have been a few, and getting worse all the time)
Wondering

Baltimore, MD

#24 Sep 29, 2008
To shelley17349, I do not agree. Been in this area for more than 40 years. Why should the taxpayers money be wasted on this personal mess. Spend the money on counseling. He has to be a man and accept the punishment for the crime. Don't make him another OJ.

KLE

Since: Aug 08

Harrisburg, PA

#25 Sep 29, 2008
Rascal wrote:
Right, let all see the state waste the last few tax dollars we have left, on this useless piece of $hit. I think we all could use those tax dollars for more viable acts.
I was thinking the same thing. Let him rot.
Jeff in New Freedom PA

Sussex, WI

#26 Sep 29, 2008
Shelley - What are all the murders in New Freedom & how is it getting worse all the time? I have lived here 6 years & there haven't been any in my time here, so I don't see it getting worse. How about some proof to back up those statements? Who is your source? The SRPD? Borough Officials? Please share with the group as I am sure we are all curious about this terrible little town you are claiming we all live in that is getting worse.
classmate_of_Gre g

New Freedom, PA

#27 Dec 22, 2010
Zachary was a child in 1998. If he did murder his brother he was clearly suffering from some type of mental illness. What kind of monster advocates the death penalty for a child suffering from mental illness? And boo-hoo about your taxpayer money. If you would rather your tax dollars go to his execution then you're a murderer yourself. You would just rather pay someone else to do it.
Not So Fast

Huntingdon Valley, PA

#28 Dec 22, 2010
classmate_of_Greg wrote:
Zachary was a child in 1998. If he did murder his brother he was clearly suffering from some type of mental illness. What kind of monster advocates the death penalty for a child suffering from mental illness? And boo-hoo about your taxpayer money. If you would rather your tax dollars go to his execution then you're a murderer yourself. You would just rather pay someone else to do it.
He didn't suffer from mental problems! If he did there would have been a history of this. Grow up and get a job and see how it feels to watch your tax dollars get wasted on trash like him. He didn't simply stab his brother, he butchered him in a way that would make most killers sick. The only thing that kept his head from rolling across the floor was a piece of skin no thicker than your pinky. So yes he may need help but the needle kind or electric kind. You see sadistic killers like him can never be reformed so screw you. Why don't you go help him? and if you feel for him so much how about you go spend a couple nights with him and leave a knife on the night stand? Lets see how safe you feel!!
WOW

York, PA

#29 Dec 23, 2010
classmate_of_Greg wrote:
Maybe.......he should have NOT been doing so many drugs and making it known!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Freedom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... (Jun '15) Jul 25 Greater Good 2
News Danger in Jim Thorpe? (May '15) Jul 17 Corruption county 8
News If your neighbor's house is falling apart, don'... (Mar '11) Jul 17 Theguyirepliedtoi... 52
News Friends of Fawn Twp. homicide victim call abuse... (May '11) May '16 Laura 23
New Freedom Hobby Shop seeks business grant (May '15) May '16 Dont Care 2
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) Mar '16 Dwitman_no_relation 542
News Four years after capture, York County woman and... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1

New Freedom Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Freedom Mortgages