Witman brief filed in Pa. Superior Court

Witman brief filed in Pa. Superior Court

There are 28 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Witman brief filed in Pa. Superior Court. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The ongoing argument over Zachary Paul Witman's fate and his socks is now before the Pennsylvania Superior Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned citizen

New Freedom, PA

#1 Sep 25, 2008
here we go again...
vigalante bob

Rockville, MD

#2 Sep 25, 2008
This murderer had a trial and was found guilty. What else needs to be said. Sorry kid, I don't think you'll find much sympathy out there in the real world. Ya made your choice to kill now serve your time. It's a shame money has to be wasted on appeals for murdering nutjobs like this kid.
hmmm

Baltimore, MD

#3 Sep 25, 2008
this is such an outrage. our tax dollars have to go towards keeping this kid alive. i say that greg should get justice and his brother, if you want to call him that, should go. i'm a firm believer in the death penalty. i think that he should get it. What goes around comes around.
Guilty

Lemoyne, PA

#4 Sep 25, 2008
He is guilty, why are they still fighting it? Who else did this? There were no other suspects.It is just a shame. The family lost both of their sons and their marriage crumbled. Enough is enough
agreed

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Sep 25, 2008
Everyone knows he did it -- including his family. And now, after all this time, they're still trying to show that he didn't, at any cost.

In the meantime, poor Greg lies forgotten, as always, while desperate attempts continue for his killer's freedom. It's pathetic. I have never forgotten his mother's statement: Greg is dead and there's nothing to be done for him...we have to focus on Zachary. It seems that maybe there was always a situation where they focused on Zachary -- who is probably a psycopath. What a sad, sad situation.
Josie

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#6 Sep 25, 2008
He's so guilty. What's so sad is when the authorities got to the scene the parents said just catch who did this...and when the evidence started stacking up against Zach they didn't want certain evidence admisible in court........give me a break.

Mr/Mrs Witman should not have wasted there money and the tax payers money on this savage. Instead they should have glorified Gregory and his love of soccer and started a scholarship fund or a memorial soccer tournment in his honor.

As hard as it would be...I'd have forgotten Zach and let him rot in jail like he deserves..
baltstinkmore

Baltimore, MD

#7 Sep 25, 2008
Does Gregory Witman even have a headstone yet? If the Witmans want to help their surviving son that is fine. Help him to accept responsibility for murdering his younger brother. Zach has not or he would not be still wasting the courts time and resources, how many times are we the taxpayers going to have to put up with this crap? Zach's bloody socks...what is next? Accept responsibility...do your time and shut up. The parents had to know it was a matter of time before he does them too, feel safe that we know where he is at for now.
don

Ashland, OH

#8 Sep 25, 2008
he should have been to death that would save money.he is a killer wake up brain dead./
Bob

Westminster, MD

#9 Sep 25, 2008
Sad part of this is that the Police allowed the loop hole, proper seizure of the evidence, open and shut case. Greg should have been treated like a suspect from the beginning.
Bob

Westminster, MD

#10 Sep 25, 2008
Sorry Zach should have been treated like the suspect from the beginning.
Alex

United States

#11 Sep 25, 2008
Is this ever going to end. You did it, just tell the truth.
Hawkhill

New Freedom, PA

#13 Sep 25, 2008
Hey..isn't it 'funny' that no one else has been arrested as a suspect????? Sort of like the O.J. fiasco....no other killer arrested in THAT one either.
Save the taxpayers money....FIRST..."dethron e" that damn judge who over turned the decision and now we have to listen (& spend taxpayers money) to this B.S. AGAIN!!!!
ANOTHER case of not accepting responsibility for one's actions.
Oh My..I Just LOVE our judicial system.....NOT!!!!
Troubled

AOL

#14 Sep 25, 2008
Zach has not gotten what he deserves, he didn't get the dealth penalty. If I was his parents I would be afraid to sleep at night if Zach was free and lived with me. He killed his brother, and we all know it why can't his parents see it. I am sorry that they lost one sone to the killing, but they need to face the facts about Zach and stop wasting all the time and tax payers money.
lost

United States

#15 Sep 25, 2008
is it normal for a 15 year old to kill his 13 year old brother and hide the knife and then call the police on himself in 15 minutes?
susky mom

Odenton, MD

#16 Sep 25, 2008
Is it normal? Of course not. Ever here of an adrenalin rush? By the way, Greg's high school class paid tribute to him, more so then his parents did.
agreed

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Sep 25, 2008
Lost -- well, no it's not normal for a normal kid to do what Zach did, but then he's not a "normal" person. I agree with susky, that it was probably an adrenaline rush -- either that, or he figured calling the police would steer them away from suspecting that he did it. I suspect that Greg might have been the only normal person in that family, God rest his soul.

I think the most disgraceful thing is that the Witmans have done everything they could to try to make Zach's crime go away, and that it's so obvious that they view Greg as a non-entity since he's already gone. I wonder if that poor guy grew up invisible, too, while mom and daddy fawned over Zach. My guess is yes. They should all be ashamed of themselves...their behavior has gone past pitiful into full-blown pathetic
Wondering

Baltimore, MD

#18 Sep 26, 2008
New Freedom is a quiet small town. No murder has happened since then. Wake up Mom and Dad Witman! Zach knew what he was doing. He planned it all out, staying home from school that day. Stop this circus, accept the facts. Honor Greg for being the son that he was and his love of soccer.
shpb

Lewistown, PA

#19 Sep 26, 2008
Such nice looking boys they was, Greg was a cuttie, he came over my house quite a few times, and I (my family always) seen Zach, yes they where nice looking kids. God rest Greg's soul now, may peace be with him. Terrible thing to say, thru the situation that took place, that young brother didn't receive this kind of torcher. Maybe should of been the other way around. Rest in heaven Greg., your friends think of you, and all the ones who knew you, sorry to say, your parents have more things going on with Zach, they need to let him go, here we pay for his paper works again, and again, thats ashame, seee where our money goes, for criminals.
marlin

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Sep 27, 2008
Keep him in prison...he'll kill us all!
We don't want him in Jersey.
I'm too attached to my head.
Rascal

Lansdale, PA

#21 Sep 27, 2008
Right, let all see the state waste the last few tax dollars we have left, on this useless piece of $hit. I think we all could use those tax dollars for more viable acts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Freedom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plymouth railroad locomotives honored on calend... Nov 19 William Mark 1
neighbors house needs saved Oct '16 Turtle man 1
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) Oct '16 jerri Zimmerman 546
Seiling Furniture Co. Railroad, Pa (Aug '10) Oct '16 bluemoon 21
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... (Jun '15) Sep '16 Jonas Johnson 3
Noisy neighbor Aug '16 Reese 1
News Danger in Jim Thorpe? (May '15) Jul '16 Corruption county 8

New Freedom Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Freedom Mortgages