York County mana s disappearance baff...

York County mana s disappearance baffles town

There are 2 comments on the WPMT-TV York story from May 8, 2013, titled York County mana s disappearance baffles town. In it, WPMT-TV York reports that:

Family members, neighbors and even police are baffled about the disappearance of 53-year-old Thomas Augustyniak, of Glen Rock, who has been missing now for two weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPMT-TV York.

Where_is_Tom_Aug ustyniak

Cockeysville, MD

#1 May 23, 2013
It is so disturbing that this man just disappeared. There are really only a few viable possibilities for what happened to him...
1. He had a medical emergency and couldn't get to help while he was on his walk and is somewhere unexpected that nobody has looked like he went into the woods somewhere.
2. He committed suicide.
3. He was murdered by someone he knows.
4. He was murdered by a stranger.
5. He was kidnapped.
6. He just walked away from his life.
I keep thinking to go out walking in Glen Rock but I am nervous to do it because I don't want to end up making the wrong person mad by being on their property. I am also afraid of being kidnapped or something because I am a small female. I wish I knew somebody to go with. I don't know him so the people I know all think it is stupid to look for him. My boyfriend laughed at me and said, "Who cares," with a really scornful tone. If I was missing, I would hope strangers would look for me. What a cold, nasty world this is. All the people who only give a sh*t about themselves are the normal ones and I am weird. It is so sad because it seems like he was mentioned a couple of times on the news and then forgotten. He lives in our area. It should be on the news every night! What a sh*tty world full of sh*tty people who only care about themselves.
StillMissing

Forest Hill, MD

#2 Nov 6, 2013
Over six months have gone by since this man disappeared. At this point, it looks more and more like he was murdered or else he went away by his own choice, which doesn't seem likely. He had a lot of family in the area that he loved it would seem. It seems like he was driven out of the area and then killed or killed and then driven out of the area. This is really sad. I hope his family will get an answer.
At this point, I think that the Southern Regional Police and his family need to start telling everything and anything they know or suspect because there is no longer any chance that they will ruin an investigation. This trail is cold and getting colder so everybody needs to start offering any information that could get some new leads.
All of these locked lips are obviously hindering any chances that there will be a break in this case. This should be a major news story in our community. It isn't ok that a member of our community just disappeared into thin air. We shouldn't forget about him just because it is old news. All of us deserve more than that if we disappeared. This could be any of us. Any of us could disappear one day. Do we want to just be forgotten by everybody except our closest loved ones?
People care more about this week's stupid football games!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Freedom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New royal farms store (Sep '14) Jul '15 ChixLittle 3
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... Jun '15 DWI 1
News Danger in Jim Thorpe? May '15 Midas Touch 4
Old brick building near rail trail in Railroad (Apr '14) May '15 deg17361 2
New Freedom Hobby Shop seeks business grant May '15 deg17361 1
News Former cashier charged with assault says racial... (Feb '11) May '15 BillyBobb 150
News Maryland man charged with stabbing man at Stewa... (Dec '14) Jan '15 joe 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Freedom Mortgages