PennDOT moving forward with plan to h...

PennDOT moving forward with plan to have 3 bridges over I-83 closed at the same time

There are 7 comments on the York Dispatch story from Oct 15, 2010, titled PennDOT moving forward with plan to have 3 bridges over I-83 closed at the same time. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

The state transportation department is sticking with its plan to simultaneously shut down three bridges over Interstate 83 in southern York County despite concerns about safety and traffic congestion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

Penny for your thoughts

Lemoyne, PA

#1 Oct 15, 2010
Hey PENN DOT...What are you thinking ? Three bridges in the same area closed! Not sure how that is cost effective, Maybe for PennDOT but not for the locals. November 2011 ??? Let me guess Kinsley must be doing the work...
Dog on da hood

York, PA

#2 Oct 15, 2010
You can't fix stupid, and PennDUSH is certainly stupid.

Hows everyone like the 2 ft strip of asphalt in the slow lane running north for several miles north of york. That damn thing grabs you tire and throws you all over the road. Can't wait till it gets snow and ice on it...what a death trap.

And how about the fiasco with the brand new salt sheds the're tearing down and replacing. Some fool should be losing his job over that one

PennDush is nothing but a cluster fk.
Concern In New Freedom

York, PA

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Closing all three of these bridges with make it nearly impossible to get to and from Stewartstown, Let alone for the FIRE DEPTARTMENTS!!! Really do they need all three fixed so bad that they cant fix one at a time!!!! PENN DOT IS out of there minds. As for the strip of pavment on 83 yeah thats real safe!!! Thats from all the salt being put down in one LANE when it snowed, An reuined that BRAND NEW paving job!!! way to go STUPID....
bus lady

York, PA

#4 Oct 15, 2010
Penny for your thoughts wrote:
Hey PENN DOT...What are you thinking ? Three bridges in the same area closed! Not sure how that is cost effective, Maybe for PennDOT but not for the locals. November 2011 ??? Let me guess Kinsley must be doing the work...
Yeah go figure its Kinsley, I drive school bus and the two brigdes they are doing now have been closed what a year now? I believe they are just about done but come on why all three at the same time? and in the winter at that??? Smooth thinking Kinsley and PennDot....
FormerTownshipRe sident

York, PA

#5 Oct 16, 2010
Kinsley is not the contractor on either of the bridge replacement jobs,Deblin Inc out of Mechanic sburg is.
SoYoCoResident

New Freedom, PA

#6 Oct 16, 2010
This will now make for a total of FIVE bridges over 83 closed in Southern York County!

Has PennDot forgotten that they ALREADY have The Ridgeview and Hain Roads bridges closed??
Penny for your thoughts

York, PA

#7 Oct 17, 2010
Are these shovel ready jobs ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Freedom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seiling Furniture Co. Railroad, Pa (Aug '10) 5 hr Gloria Lauria 29
News If your neighbor's house is falling apart, don'... (Mar '11) 8 hr Denise Leigh 53
Review: TNJ Painting & Drywall, LLC. Jul 26 The Ashenfeltersame 1
News Glen Rock councilman resigns Jul '17 Mwood199 1
Review: Gordon's Body Shop Inc (Dec '10) Jul '17 HLG 25
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg May '17 He is sure gay 9
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) May '17 Concerned Parent 545

New Freedom Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Freedom Mortgages