New Freedom Mayor Jeff Joy to run for...

New Freedom Mayor Jeff Joy to run for district judge

There are 10 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jan 11, 2011, titled New Freedom Mayor Jeff Joy to run for district judge. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

New Freedom Mayor Jeff Joy announced his candidacy Monday for district judge in the Shrewsbury district court, according to a news release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Larue

York, PA

#1 Jan 11, 2011
Jeff is a good guy...I won't be able to vote for him but will support him any way I can.
Blake

New Kent, VA

#2 Jan 11, 2011
Good mayor, and good guy, but won't vote for him for the judge's position as he has no legal background or training at all...
noone

Moorestown, NJ

#3 Jan 11, 2011
who cares if he has a legal background or not. This is one of the problems with this country, we are run by a bunch of non-caring lawyers, whose only care is to become well-known. I for one think that every politican should not have a legal backgroud, but rather what a politican use to be by the people, for the people. We need to vote real honest people in, not lying self serving lawyers.
confused in PA

York, PA

#4 Jan 11, 2011
Actually Jeff does have the training and will be a a great Judge. He is a good guy who is honest and fair and above all listens. Maybe instead of posting what you think you know you should find out all the facts and then post what you DO know. Just a thought.
DeeJay 2 DJ

New Freedom, PA

#5 Jan 11, 2011
Well now, isn't that special? Didn't he used to be Jumpin' Jeff the DeeJay? Now he wants to be a different kind of "DJ". Spin Jeffy spin.
Judge for pay

York, PA

#6 Jan 11, 2011
Jeff is in it for the money. His poop stinks!
LA Today

New Freedom, PA

#7 Feb 20, 2011
Jeff Joy has my vote and he is definately qualified. If anyone doubts his qualifications they should take the time to interview him and understand his core values.
Leighanne G

Shrewsbury, PA

#8 Feb 20, 2011
If you don't know him do not judge him. He would be a great judge. He gets my vote!
Michael Hocke

Harrisburg, PA

#9 Mar 14, 2011
There is no requirement to have a legal background for a District Judge. You are provided training. What they need in the office to begin with is an honest person who has some common sense. Jeff Joy would be that person.
Outlandish

New Freedom, PA

#10 Apr 8, 2011
No one really thinks that no legal experience is appropriate for a judge do they? It seems darn audacious for him to just think he is experienced for this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Freedom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Friends of Fawn Twp. homicide victim call abuse... (May '11) Nov 21 Joe dirt 24
News A look at the family rescued from Taliban-linke... Oct '17 Lucky 1
News Reading & Northern Railroad... Sep '17 YouChewPoop 6
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg (May '17) Aug '17 Costard 10
Seiling Furniture Co. Railroad, Pa (Aug '10) Aug '17 Gloria Lauria 29
News If your neighbor's house is falling apart, don'... (Mar '11) Aug '17 Denise Leigh 53
Review: TNJ Painting & Drywall, LLC. Jul '17 The Ashenfeltersame 1

New Freedom Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Freedom Mortgages