Monongahela rejects regional initiati...

Monongahela rejects regional initiative after much debate

There are 7 comments on the Http story from Jun 10, 2010, titled Monongahela rejects regional initiative after much debate. In it, Http reports that:

Monongahela Council rejected a resolution in support of the Smart Government Initiative out of fears of potential financial burdens to the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

Al Beaver

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Jun 10, 2010
I'll tell you why because they would'nt be able to pull half the nonsense they have in the past.
Al podunk

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Jun 12, 2010
Truth hurts.
Mon Man

Belle Vernon, PA

#3 Jun 12, 2010
The only thing that make sense is a consolidation of Monongahela, New Eagle and Carroll. I agree with the vote who needs to take on the problems from up the river.
Dr Putz

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jun 15, 2010
You would just have more bullshitters saying more bullshit.

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jun 15, 2010
Dr Putz wrote:
You would just have more bullshitters saying more bullshit.
You tell them rusty...
Mon Man

Monongahela, PA

#6 Jul 15, 2010
Why did they flip? What does Monongahela stand to gain by collaborating with towns that are in worse shape twenty or more minutes away. Monongahela, Carroll and New Eagle should be working to become one large municipality and identifying each area by its current name. What craziness
Dr Putz

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jul 16, 2010
Easy, they get more money by contracting out the services.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Eagle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hair Stylist Oct 10 Local 6
Rotten Apples Oct 6 Troll_1 2
Tar and Chipping of Roads should be illegal (Jun '13) Oct 4 motorcycles_are_u... 54
Baidland Sep '16 Scoop lover 4
Write Your State Representative to BAN Loud Mot... (May '11) Sep '16 Mine well 121
News Fa ade improvement program implemented in Monon... Sep '16 CaCat 1
too much drama Sep '16 bluefox 2

New Eagle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Eagle Mortgages