Closing of Donora, Monongahela school...

Closing of Donora, Monongahela schools topic of hearing

There are 55 comments on the Http story from Mar 10, 2011, titled Closing of Donora, Monongahela schools topic of hearing. In it, Http reports that:

A public hearing is scheduled tonight for the possible closing of the Donora and Monongahela elementary centers in the Ringgold School District.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Http.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Typical Ringgold

United States

#42 Aug 10, 2011
just wondering wrote:
I heard that Ringgold won't be starting school on time because Ringgold Elementary South isn't going to be ready. Does anyone know if this is true?
I heard same rumor...im hoping it isnt true...I heard a possible date of sept 19 as opening of school...that would stink.
ringgold

Belle Vernon, PA

#43 Aug 31, 2011
Well it's offical Ringgold School District to start September 12th.
Jen

Belle Vernon, PA

#44 Aug 31, 2011
I heard the rumor that school started on the 12th...where is this posted? I can't seem to find it anywhere?
ughhh

Monongahela, PA

#45 Aug 31, 2011
The school district is calling the students houses.
rams

Belle Vernon, PA

#46 Aug 31, 2011
If you go to the parent portal page on the Ringgold website it is posted there.
Skeezicks

Mckeesport, PA

#47 Sep 1, 2011
rams wrote:
If you go to the parent portal page on the Ringgold website it is posted there.
I believe it's on the front page of their website at www.ringgold.org
rams

Belle Vernon, PA

#48 Sep 1, 2011
Skeezicks wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it's on the front page of their website at www.ringgold.org
It is now yesterday it was not........
ripped off

Greensburg, PA

#49 Sep 2, 2011
i hope they are fining this company every day until it is completed that is what happens with most jobs when they are not completed on time
UrKiddin

Greenville, PA

#50 Sep 2, 2011
ripped off wrote:
i hope they are fining this company every day until it is completed that is what happens with most jobs when they are not completed on time
Are you kiddin? When the 12th rolls around..they will change the start date to the 24th!
Skeezicks

Mckeesport, PA

#51 Sep 2, 2011
rams wrote:
<quoted text>It is now yesterday it was not........
Robo-calls were made to the students' homes on 8/31. I know the website had the same announcement on 9/1. Not bad,...considering it is Ringgold.
Skeezicks

Mckeesport, PA

#52 Sep 2, 2011
ripped off wrote:
Excellent point; this should be asked at the next board meeting. Knowing Ringgold, they probably didn't have a penalty phase dialed into the contract. Besides, at the August meeting, the Board said they were going to "stop the rumors" about the start of school being delayed, an swore up and down that school was going to start on time. Wrong again. One gentleman in the audience spoke about the scheduled completion, and how the district needed to pay attention to details. Does anyone know if there is a construction management (CM) firm overseeing the contractor(s) work? A progress report should have been provided by the CM firm prior to the Board meeting indicating whether the project was going to be completed on time or not. I think the Board members told people what they wanted hear.
UrKiddin

Greenville, PA

#53 Sep 2, 2011
Skeezicks wrote:
<quoted text>
Robo-calls were made to the students' homes on 8/31. I know the website had the same announcement on 9/1. Not bad,...considering it is Ringgold.
Oh, I think it's bad...even for Ringgold.
Ticked off

Pittsburgh, PA

#54 Sep 2, 2011
Just heard Ringgold will not be starting until the 12th of Sept because Ringgold South is not ready
Tip

Belle Vernon, PA

#55 Sep 2, 2011
Yet MEC sits empty!!

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Since: Feb 11

Mon Valley, Pa.

#56 Sep 9, 2011
Tip wrote:
Yet MEC sits empty!!
As does DEC,couldn't turn it into office space as it wasn't "up to code", but it was fine as a school.
Was up at the site by Giant Eagle today and paveing, wiring,and A/C isn't completed. Pretty hot in the caf.
Over heard a few workers mention "see ya monday". Not much of a "push for completion".
Are they planning on leaving the gravel as a base for the play ground?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Eagle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Garbage Jul 13 Paid my garbage bill 1
Western PA to be earthquake central from fracking Jul 3 Shaken 1
Former church members and lawyer disgrace them... Jun 22 Robert Langdon 4
Ringgold Baseball Trip Jun 22 Wonder Woman 3
Downtown Monongahela Jun '17 Tony 8
News Duquesne Incline Museum: The Best History of Pi... May '17 yolanda. rown 1
Bishop Zubik May '17 Dis quested 1

New Eagle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance