Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigation" after nearly a year

Apr 1, 2010 Full story: The Meredith News 332

As spring eases into April, memories of the May 10, 2009 murder of school nurse and mother of five, Stacey Burns, come to the fore.

Full Story
pavlogs dog

Moultonborough, NH

#128 Feb 25, 2013
I was there !!! Ed was abusive. I'm not saying you were or that Walker and Varney aren't scum but in Stacey's case REAL abuse occured. He beat her on their wedding night and hundreds of times in their 17 year marriage.In the end he followed through with the promise he made her on that first night that he "owned her".
These are the facts and they are undisputed.
Concerned

Conway, NH

#129 Feb 25, 2013
I can't belive they haven't solved ths case yet! That poor girl and her family! The survivors always go on to suffer, especally the children! All the murders that have happend in New Hampshire since Stacys i can't believe this one hasn't been solved yet. When all the others were solved immeditly! Who ever or where ever this monster is he covered it up well i guess.
Its gone on way to long!!!! Hope they find him soon before he strikes again! It still scares me that this vicious person is still out there!
bigbrothersaid

Sabattus, ME

#130 Mar 1, 2013
The people of Wolfeboro NH are living in total fear, no one goes out at night and kids are learning to shoot in middle school.Ever since we have were told (twice) that it was "NOT the x husband" and at the same time that 'the public was not in danger" we just walk around expecting multiple stab wounds for everybody.It's all good.
DOL

Wolfeboro, NH

#131 Mar 11, 2013
WPD is only good for busting drunk drivers and underage drinking.
They run around with all the Tactical gear looking like Airsoft players.Time to get uniform and grooming standards back.
Plus they have a LT who has combat awards but brags he never left the wire.Pretty sad a poser is in a leadership position and wasting town money at the FBI academy.
I hope whoever did this is brought to justice.
The town should vote to disband the dept and let the sheriff take charge.
4yearsofabuse

Amherst, NH

#132 Mar 11, 2013
There are some disturbing stories going around about Mrs. Burns surviving children. Are they O.K.? I'm sure it's bs but very disturbing.
Concerned

Conway, NH

#133 Mar 11, 2013
I sure hope not! Those children have been through enough! They need to find that vicious killer! To think hes still out there is real creepy!
4yearsofabuse

Dover, NH

#135 Mar 12, 2013
Justice is being served, by a higher power. While mortals deny their own sins.
myhatrick

United States

#136 Mar 15, 2013
pavlogs dog wrote:
I was there !!! Ed was abusive. I'm not saying you were or that Walker and Varney aren't scum but in Stacey's case REAL abuse occured. He beat her on their wedding night and hundreds of times in their 17 year marriage.In the end he followed through with the promise he made her on that first night that he "owned her".
These are the facts and they are undisputed.
I don't know what went on in their marriage but some things just don't add up: Her father was a former cop and lawyer, if this abuse was so obvious why didn't her family step in? Why did Stacy stay with him for 17 years and have 5 children with him? Why did she violate her own restraining order if he was such a brutal man? As my father used to say when my brother and I got into a fight "there are 2 sides to every story", maybe it's time we heard his side of the story. How would you feel if these hateful things were being said about you? Ed killed Stacy and I have little doubt about it. The question is why? Can you handle the truth?
jimmybob

Dover, NH

#137 Mar 16, 2013
I understand Ed lost custody of his children. You should ask those little girls what THEY did to set him off ? It could be their fault he put one in the hospital. Can you handle the truth ?.........
jimmybobby

Dover, NH

#138 Mar 16, 2013
There is this weird looking Israeli dude on you tube,Sam Vaknin.I would recommend viewing his video series, abuse and control are inexplainable. Only the victims know. But much is known about personality disorder and malignant narcissists. And their victims.
myhatrick

Woodhaven, NY

#139 Mar 21, 2013
jimmybob wrote:
I understand Ed lost custody of his children. You should ask those little girls what THEY did to set him off ? It could be their fault he put one in the hospital. Can you handle the truth ?.........
Is that the truth or a vicious rumor? Seems to me we would have heard about that before now. If this is the truth, why isn't he in jail? I believe he did kill Stacy, but I also believe there is a lot more to this story then we are being told. Can you handle the WHOLE truth?
luvfreshair

Lincoln, ME

#140 Mar 22, 2013
just a vicious rumor, Ed is doing an excellent job.He never abused anyone.Stacey made all that up.
Missing Stacey

Tewksbury, MA

#141 Mar 23, 2013
luvfreshair wrote:
just a vicious rumor, Ed is doing an excellent job.He never abused anyone.Stacey made all that up.
I see you still have your rose colored glasses on..how sad that as a sister-in-law you didn't step in and help Stacey nor did anyone in your family, even when she begged for help for herself, her children and to get Ed the help he sooooooo obviously NEEDS!!!! And now 4 years later you can't even step up and help your own nieces and nephew..how sad that Stacey loved you so, I am sure she would be so THRILLED at all the lies you have been saying, like how the abuse was all lies. I was there MANY< MANY MANY times and witnessed the abuse first hand, not only to her but the verbal abuse of his own children. Why do you continue to lie about things and continue to discredit the reputation of a BEAUTIFUL, LOVING, AMAZING,SELFLESS WOMAN, WHO BY SOME DEVIANTS HANDS IS NOT HERE TO DEFEND HERSELF??? Maybe its time to open your eyes and shut your mouth then there would be no more lies and maybe you would finally see the truth!!!! Although it is too late for her but not for her children...how sad that your familys reputation and what people think of you is still after all these years more important to all of you than the life of those beautiful kids.
rockymthigh

Amherst, NH

#142 Mar 25, 2013
in order for a dysfunctional family to function all members must be on board with "the crazy".(and believe it or not these people function)To think ANY one of them will EVER come to repent is in itself 'delusional'. Eddieland is a wonderful place. If your crazy.
myhatrick

Washington, DC

#143 Mar 25, 2013
District attorney Mike Delaney gave a 13 day notice that he will not be seeking a 2nd term. Bus boys give 2 week notices so what was behind this 11th hour decision? Could it be the two unsolved Wolfeboro connected murders and the recent Exeter murder? These 3 murders all share one thing in common: a contentious divorce. Something else they share in common: each murder occurred after they were divorced and each couple was back in court soon after the divorce was supposed to be final. Coincidence? Follow the money trail and you will have your answer.
move on grasshopper

Moultonborough, NH

#144 Mar 26, 2013
GAMBLING! His biggest disappointment was not solving Celina's murder.No one here cares if you did or did not beat your wife.
myhatrick

Baltimore, MD

#145 Mar 26, 2013
move on grasshopper wrote:
GAMBLING! His biggest disappointment was not solving Celina's murder.No one here cares if you did or did not beat your wife.
Thanks for the advise master, I'm considering it. However, this is about the similar profiles of 3 murder victims. The latest being the one in Exeter. It strikes me odd that all 3 victims were killed AFTER going through a contentious divorce. And that all 3 couples were back in court AFTER their divorce was supposed to be final. My view point is from going through one of those divorces except my contention is with the 4 and possibly 5 lawyers that played a role in making it as contentious as possible. I witnessed 1st hand serious ethical violations including violation of fiduciary relationship, broken confidentiality, and conspiracy to commit fraud. I witnessed my former wife and me "pitted" against each other like dogs in a fighting ring. On this particular subject I consider myself the expert and challenge any credible person of authority to debate that point in an open forum. Care to take me up on that offer? what profession are you in, lawyering perhaps? How do you like them apples?
jim

Moultonborough, NH

#146 Mar 26, 2013
ah grasshopper a person of authority I am not, for the harvesting of wood is my profession. I myself was once facing an opposing attorney with but one thing in mind, Seperating me from my money.To think he had any other motive would be to think he cared about either myself or my opponent, he did not.(or more importantly our children) There is a reason why lawyers are considered lower than wale dung,they ARE. 90% of husbands who kill their wives do it just before,during or just prior to a divorce. Lawyers don't create psychopaths angry fathers do. Be not angry grasshopper the children are watching.
whatever

Moultonborough, NH

#147 Mar 28, 2013
Missing Stacey wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you still have your rose colored glasses on..how sad that as a sister-in-law you didn't step in and help Stacey nor did anyone in your family, even when she begged for help for herself, her children and to get Ed the help he sooooooo obviously NEEDS!!!! And now 4 years later you can't even step up and help your own nieces and nephew..how sad that Stacey loved you so, I am sure she would be so THRILLED at all the lies you have been saying, like how the abuse was all lies. I was there MANY< MANY MANY times and witnessed the abuse first hand, not only to her but the verbal abuse of his own children. Why do you continue to lie about things and continue to discredit the reputation of a BEAUTIFUL, LOVING, AMAZING,SELFLESS WOMAN, WHO BY SOME DEVIANTS HANDS IS NOT HERE TO DEFEND HERSELF??? Maybe its time to open your eyes and shut your mouth then there would be no more lies and maybe you would finally see the truth!!!! Although it is too late for her but not for her children...how sad that your familys reputation and what people think of you is still after all these years more important to all of you than the life of those beautiful kids.
WTH
Missing Stacey

Tewksbury, MA

#148 Mar 29, 2013
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>WTH
WHAT EXACTLY are you having a hard time understanding??? your only answer was "WTH"???...ask me anything and I will answer THE TRUTH to the best of my knowledge..if i know the answer..if I do not know the answer I will keep my mouth SHUT and not speculate...simple as that!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Durham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plumber Oct 12 Tom P 3
Trites going belly up? Oct 8 JPJ 4
No charges for man who sold rhino head on Craig... Oct 3 Emerald 2
Debate: Marijuana - Wolfeboro, NH (Dec '10) Sep '14 WPD uses it 42
Stacey Burns Vittum Interview Sep '14 jmv 22
Happy Birthday JC Aug '14 mally43 1
Prostitution, drug case moves to superior court (Mar '14) Aug '14 Roland Demers 2

Flood Watch for Strafford County was issued at October 22 at 8:11PM EDT

New Durham News Video

New Durham Dating
Find my Match

New Durham Jobs

New Durham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Durham News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Durham

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]