Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigation" after nearly a year

Apr 1, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Meredith News

As spring eases into April, memories of the May 10, 2009 murder of school nurse and mother of five, Stacey Burns, come to the fore.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of320
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
motive

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

And another OVER THE EDGE:
As promised, attorney Littleman called me within days of the hearing to inform me that he had the final agreement ready for my review. I excitedly picked up a copy after work and took it home to read. This was the climax to one incredible ride and I couldn’t wait to get off. The frustration I felt towards Renie prior to finalizing an agreement to purchase the farm had resurfaced and had all I could do to keep from despising her. That malicious three page hand written account of the incident in Renie’s hand writing had destroyed any trust that I had for her. This experience had put me on the edge of sanity and I was about to go over it: As I was reading the agreement, I came across a section that effectively had me paying Renie’s legal fees. This was hidden in a clause that had me paying Renie $8,000 for a supposed difference in value. I immediately recognized this as attorney Welsh’s legal fees as Renie was getting more then 70% of our marital assets. Then I came across section 18 titled:
RESTRAINING ORDERS:
A. The respondent (me) shall not abuse the petitioner (Renie).
B. The responder shall not enter the premises or curtilage where the petitioner resides.
C. The respondent shall not enter the petitioner’s place of employment.
D. The Respondent shall not abuse the petitioner’s relatives (including children).
E. The respondent shall not harass, intimidate, not interfere with the petitioner liberty, not touch nor have any physical contact with the petitioner.
F. The respondent shall also at all time be polite and civil to the peti-tioner.
It’s unpleasant to describe what occurred next but felt that I had crossed over the edge of sanity: I started screaming and yelling at the walls and I was so angry it felt like I was going to explode. I envisioned harming Renie. Had she been in the same room when I read section 18D:(including children), I may have done it. I would have potentially harmed the women I once loved like no other and the mother to our child. I would have harmed our son by harming his mother and give the appearance the restraining order was justifiable, when in fact it was the cause. Had I harmed my wife, I may have become one of the jumpers off that bridge. I hated Renie like I’ve never hated another human being. Until this moment I didn’t know what it was to hate. To want to harm another human being so badly it hurt. Though In reality, I didn’t want to harm Renie. I just wanted her to suffer the way she was making me suffer. I wanted her to feel my pain that she so willingly inflicted upon me.
I went on like this for approximately four hours before finally calming back down. I was incredibly thankful for the distance between us. I wondered why attorney Littleman allowed this section into the agreement and why he never warned me about it? I wondered if this was his idea of “99%” in agreement, and did he really think I should sign an agreement that contained that section? I was sick and tired of Renie’s false accusations and insinuations. Renie was the one constantly violating her own restraining order. She was the one that climbed into my car in Portsmouth as if we were meeting for a date; she filed the restraining order preventing me from seeing our son; which was based upon an article that outlined how some parents manipulate the courts to effectively kidnap their children. She was the one with the motive for in-stigating the incident and she was the one who punched me in the face. The stress that I felt before dismissing attorney Coldstein was back, but it would not take me six months to determine its roots.
motive

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Attorney Littleman sent me a letter attempting to increase my child support to Renie by 25% based upon the money received from “housemates”. He did so without considering expenses that were more then double the income that I received. A fact I would think any first year law student would know, and a 25 year veteran lawyer and practice owner should certainly know. He had already rejected the idea of challenging the child support work sheet to include my oldest son’s college expenses. He then sent me a bill for his ser-vices that worked out to nearly a grand a week. In the mean time no other agreement would be presented when the only absolute requirement was to remove section 18. I had replaced one incompetent lawyer with another, and now understood what former state senate candidate and fathers advocate Mark Snyder referred to as the “incompetent men’s attorney”. I dismissed attorney Littleman in March 2006, less then three months after hiring him. I had no trust to hire another New Hampshire lawyer and had to close on the Maine farm or lose a sizable deposit.
Before dismissing attorney Littleman, I had a consultation with a Massachusetts lawyer licensed to practice in New Hampshire. My entire divorce reeked of corruption and I was in serious trouble financially, mentally and emotionally. I was no longer able to discuss what was happening with Dr. Michelle. There had been so many incidents in such a short span of time; I could not keep up with what was occurring and I feared that I was cracking up. During my consultation with the Massachusetts lawyer I could not rationally explain why I was there to see him. I wasn’t even sure myself but was calling out for help and did not know where to turn. He offered to take over representation in my divorce but that’s not what I wanted. I left his office knowing that I could not deal with any more lawyers at the present time and was completely on my own. And I never felt so alone.
It's the lawyers... stupid
stupid

Belfast, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

Attorneys are like politicians,something happens to make them want to help people, then something happens to make them want to punish people.Helping one becomes hurting another. In my search for the truth I have come to realize personal responsibility Is how we sleep at night.Do the right thing.Forgive others for not.Make a difference.Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
motive

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

As a kid I grew up wanting to be a lawyer - Perry Mason style. When my oldest son graduated from high school in 2005, I was advising him to consider a career in law. It was this high opinion of the legal profession that made me such an easy mark for the 4 lawyers directly involved in my divorce, including a Florida lawyer that had a financial interest in the outcome. The connection to the Burns divorce is that my former wife and Stacy shared the same law firm. Stacy's lawyer was subordinate to my wife's lawyer and apparently an understudy. Despite overwhelming documented evidence of ethical violations and serious crimes, my attempts to seek justice have been thwarted at every level. However, this is not about my rights or the rights of Ed and Stacy Burns. This is about the children's rights to have parents that have not been "pitted" against each other like dogs in a pit bull ring. If Ed is responsible for Stacy's death, this wasn't about love; this was about hate that one needs to experience to truly understand. Whatever faults they had, they chose to have five children together and their marriage lasted for many years. Those children are the wholly innocent victims and they are not alone. These sinister legal practices have been around for more then twenty years. Like any crime gone unpunished, it has escalated over the years and both these divorces represent the tip of the ice berg exposed. I do not enjoy making these serious allegations against the most powerful special interest group this country has ever known. However, my anger outweighs my fear and I believe in the patriotic mottos such as: "truth, justice and the American way". These sinister legal practices and the lawyers that hide behind them are not the American way and justice needs to prevail. Otherwise, all we have is tyranny.
"Our government teaches the whole people by its example. If the government becomes the law breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy." Louis D. Brandeis American Supreme court justice; 1916 - 1939
Note: This law firm also presides over the county courts. The lawyer controlled Supreme Court conduct committee rejected my complaint and appeal based upon a technicality w/o asking a single question. The FBI, state police, county sheriffs office and district attorney's office have all been contacted and not one has contacted me back or asked a single question. Our public officials and the media have also been contacted with the same deafening silence. I didn't volunteer to be a part of this war, I was drafted into it and am only a messenger.
morphman

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

The day the divorce was final mom,sister,and best friend were giddy w/ delight. The same people that told me to watch my back "this man is crazy"
brucesays

Melvin Village, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Jimbo, MoFo, warped SOB--you doth protest too much!!!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

brucesays wrote:
Jimbo, MoFo, warped SOB--you doth protest too much!!!
Jaw jacking Jimbo is always talking, but not saying anything. The Glenn Beck of the Lakes Region.
Justin

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

This is just another example of America's faulty Judicial system and Government. The police have had suspects and leads but still can't solve a murder, that seems like something that should be on the top of the unsolved cases list.
Dalton

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

People in America have simply not brought enough attention to this very controversial injustice. People need to stand up and show how they really feel about this crime and this terrible incident to help find the culprit.
thedog

Moultonborough, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

EMERGENCY FYI Burns is near the bottom again!!Be prepared!
pavlogs dog

Goffstown, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

WALKER and VARNEY are in court chasing the estate of Stacey Burns and her surviving children for $65.000 , bring it cowards
pavlogs dog

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

I'm telling anyone who will listen !! this man is losing everything,his career is over,his house in Wolfeboro is foreclosed his hydro electric dam is gone,his house in Winchester is gone and he is losing Millis.He is currently fighting to keep his pension from his kid's. Now I underestimated this psychopath 4 years ago but I'm telling you something really bad is going to happen.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

pavlogs dog wrote:
I'm telling anyone who will listen !! this man is losing everything,his career is over,his house in Wolfeboro is foreclosed his hydro electric dam is gone,his house in Winchester is gone and he is losing Millis.He is currently fighting to keep his pension from his kid's. Now I underestimated this psychopath 4 years ago but I'm telling you something really bad is going to happen.
Give us a hint--what do you see in your crystal ball?
Intresting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

motive wrote:
Ever been thru a divorce with the law firm of Walker & Varney? Ed and Stacy Burns did and so did I. Quite the experience. Attorney Walker attempted to get a life time restraining order inserted into our final divorce agreement that included insinuations that I was a threat to abuse children. It nearly sent me off the deep end when I saw my wife's signature on this document. When Stacy Burns was murdered and learned who represented her in their divorce, I immediately suspected the ex. In fact I wrote a book titled "the truth about divorce" based upon my experience with this law firm. It was being test marketed at the time of her death. Here is a quote from the book: "Occasionally this has catastrophic consequences and results in a murder, a suicide, or both. It's a cost of doing business in this manner, paid for by the surviving children". After her death, I immediately stopped marketing the book and contacted our public officials and the Manchester union. No one called me back. It's now been one year since her death and this has had a enormous affect upon my life. My ex wife and I now have a good relationship, and the facts about went on in our divorce are still coming out. However, the NH suprememe court conduct committee who oversees lawyer conduct has rejected my grievance and appeal against this law firm based on a technicality. Seems to me no one wants me to tell my story.
Is the book available?
absurdnot

Moultonborough, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

I understand that Bobbie Miller also was represented by jennifer Haskel, coincidence? I have been court ordered by Ms.jenny jenny to never go near my nephews. I have tried for over a year to talk to her. I'm beginning to think she IS an A hole. Go to Duke Southard.com for the first few chapters of 'murder in a small town'
myhatrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Intresting wrote:
<quoted text>Is the book available?
sorry it's no longer available. However the state police and FBI have copies as well as a full and detailed report about what occurred in my Wolfeboro divorce that would lead me to believe they are connected. Unfortunately, this involves some very powerful lawyers and have good reason to believe this is being squashed and for good reason: this is not the first or last person killed by these highly unethical and criminal practices. Some day maybe the truth comes out, but that day is not today or any time in the near future.
myhatrick

Seaford, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

pavlogs dog wrote:
WALKER and VARNEY are in court chasing the estate of Stacey Burns and her surviving children for $65.000 , bring it cowards
If true, I suspect this is a defensive move to protect themselves from a potential law suit. In exchange for dropping their suit they'll try to get the family to sign some sort of a waver exonerating them from liability. Even this firm isn't arrogant enough to sue a dead woman's family w/o a very serious motive. If anyone knows the family they should warn them.
theotherguy

Hooksett, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Stacey owed them 40 g's for the excellent job they did in proving fault and winning the case.She was murdered before she could pay her bill.Walker & Varney are just getting what they are owed. Ed is spiralling down again, this time it's over for him. If this firm doesn't get their share now from this pension settlement and Ed is successful in retaining what he has always felt is HIS money, they never will.I'm glad there is someone willing to fight against Edward Burns.
pavlogs dog

Moultonborough, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

someone is scrubbing comments from the web ?
comments like Ed Burns beating Stacey's kids, and like that ? Hey Streltzin... how about you do your job !!!!
myhatrick

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

theotherguy wrote:
Stacey owed them 40 g's for the excellent job they did in proving fault and winning the case.She was murdered before she could pay her bill.Walker & Varney are just getting what they are owed. Ed is spiralling down again, this time it's over for him. If this firm doesn't get their share now from this pension settlement and Ed is successful in retaining what he has always felt is HIS money, they never will.I'm glad there is someone willing to fight against Edward Burns.
And if they won their case by fraud and this fraud caused Ed to react against whom he thought was attacking him, would they still be owed this money? My insight isn't just speculation, they were doing the same thing in my divorce and it was my ex that clued me into what was happening. Wake up and smell the corruption.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of320
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

New Durham News Video

•••
•••

New Durham Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

New Durham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE