Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing ...

Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigation" after nearly a year

There are 421 comments on the The Meredith News story from Apr 1, 2010, titled Stacey Burns murder case "an ongoing investigation" after nearly a year. In it, The Meredith News reports that:

As spring eases into April, memories of the May 10, 2009 murder of school nurse and mother of five, Stacey Burns, come to the fore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Meredith News.

concerned

Old Town, ME

#88 Oct 3, 2011
no friend of yours wrote:
Concerned, Please refrain from leaving such gossip and unncessary statements. Stacey was a beautiful, vivacious woman, mother, sister, and friend to many. To publicly post your assumptions is reckless and hurtful. Please stop.
Sorry if i offened anyone i just don't know how this person knows so much and why he would be telling me that! It's scary i won't say anything like that again i am so sorry your absolutly right. I just hope they catch this creep! These aren't my assumpstions its what was told to me and i just had to tell somebody or ask i guess i didn't know who else to talk too! Won't happen again in that way!
Concerned

Old Town, ME

#89 Oct 3, 2011
dNorth wrote:
How do you know he did a dry run? How do you know for sure he was "focusing on this plan"? If this itinerary was Google Earthed, as you say, then "sneaking" doesn't make a difference. I'm not disputing anything, just giving the state barney's something else to think about. You know this same vicinity also brings the flight attendant into suspicion. You should know the animosity there. You're correct, much of this rests on WHOSE dna was present WHERE.
Whose the flight attendant?
ringabellandills alivate

Augusta, ME

#90 Oct 4, 2011
Coscerned,you ask any question you want. Her name is Laural Clark. A witness heard her threaten Stacey a week before the murder. She has a reputation as being a 'mean girl'that's all. Eddie boy is your man,I can prove it. Keep asking questions.
motive

Haverhill, MA

#91 Oct 4, 2011
Or, And this is a longshot.... Ed took her out,the fed's and the fam are 'pretending' he didn't so he won't take out the rest of em. Like I said "longshot"
Coverup! Coverup! Coverup! but not for the families benefit. To protect those much higher.
Concerned

Old Town, ME

#92 Oct 4, 2011
ringabellandillsalivate wrote:
Coscerned,you ask any question you want. Her name is Laural Clark. A witness heard her threaten Stacey a week before the murder. She has a reputation as being a 'mean girl'that's all. Eddie boy is your man,I can prove it. Keep asking questions.
If you can prove it; Don't you think you should go to the authorities?
pavlogsdog

Augusta, ME

#93 Oct 4, 2011
They know my number,still can't figure out where the 'hockey bag' w/ bloody union suit,machete,knife,gloves,snea kers and ski mask are.(somewhere on beach pond,trotting trac or northline rd's) I'm still looking.I know he dug a hole out there on the Tuesday before.Same day he bought all that stuff,except for the bag which he got from the sports room in the attic and the shovel that came from Winchester.He's going down Brabants.
Concerned

Old Town, ME

#94 Oct 5, 2011
What is brabants? How do you know all these details like digging the hole!
bringit

Augusta, ME

#95 Oct 5, 2011
He'll be the tall one on the perp walk.What is he? I never met him , good question. All I see is a southy swabby scallywag.
bringit

Augusta, ME

#96 Oct 6, 2011
He made at least one clear mistake,See he didn't want to kill her he wanted her back.He told her what he was going to do and showed her what he was doing all along the way, that Tuesday he staged his little fantacy in the livingroom, went shopping at windyridge and in a last ditch effort to stop the madness he showed Stacey the murder weapon.He is a psychopath a very sick very damaged human being.Most of my investigation has focused on who he is, it's not pretty.
Concerned

Old Town, ME

#97 Oct 28, 2011
You would of thought she would have gone to the police about that!! How do you know what he did!!
pavlogsdog

Augusta, ME

#98 Oct 28, 2011
2years leading up to the murder Ed didn't work,13 day's before the murder Ed got his 2nd MA.oui,1 day after the murder Ed was due in court on contempt.1 month after the murder Ed put a gun to his mothers head.I don't like knowing EVERYTHING I just do.This was a man at the end of his rope.He did exactly what he said he would do including getting away w/ it.Besides losing a friend that last part is the hardest part to accept.And for all you living in Eddieland' void from reality have a nice life.
Solve It Already

Camden, ME

#99 Nov 2, 2011
bringit wrote:
He made at least one clear mistake,See he didn't want to kill her he wanted her back.He told her what he was going to do and showed her what he was doing all along the way, that Tuesday he staged his little fantacy in the livingroom, went shopping at windyridge and in a last ditch effort to stop the madness he showed Stacey the murder weapon.He is a psychopath a very sick very damaged human being.Most of my investigation has focused on who he is, it's not pretty.
How do you know he staged the fantasy in the living room, went shopping at windyridge, and that he buried the weapon off Beech Pond, or wherever? You should get a metal detector. I am assuming you have told EVERYTHING to the authorities, right? In your investigation what have you found out about the alibis of those possibly involved; the two most obvious, the other one mentioned on 20/20, and the flight attendant?

After seeing the reward offered in Bobbie Miller's case I wonder why not have one for Stacey's case. The police have stated that relationships and loyalties change after time. Maybe $50,000 could help speed this up, especially since it seems all of the above are not that well liked in the first place.
bringit

Augusta, ME

#100 Nov 2, 2011
Stacey called it an axe, she told me he showed it to her. The lead detictive lied about it but the owner of windyridge told me the state police took a machete off his wall.(just before Dr. Henry Lee came to Concord) her exact words were "don't you think that's kinda weird" Then she said "he did something else weird the other day,got the kid's together around him in his recliner (in her house) and announced 'this is how it's going to be'" I had not spoken to her in weeks and when I asked her how everything was going w/ Ed she said "he's going to kill me" I don't think you could pay Brabant enough to roll over on Ed,they got too much history. It's over, he got away w/ it. End of story.
motive

Haverhill, MA

#101 Nov 5, 2011
pavlogsdog wrote:
2years leading up to the murder Ed didn't work,13 day's before the murder Ed got his 2nd MA.oui,1 day after the murder Ed was due in court on contempt.1 month after the murder Ed put a gun to his mothers head.I don't like knowing EVERYTHING I just do.This was a man at the end of his rope.He did exactly what he said he would do including getting away w/ it.Besides losing a friend that last part is the hardest part to accept.And for all you living in Eddieland' void from reality have a nice life.
Pavlogsdog you seem to have a grasp on the motive and an understanding of Ed's mental state of mind. Now ask yourself: how is it that a man with no job is ordered to pay almost two grand in child support and alimony each month? Doesn't that seem a little off to you? He was going to jail the very next day - guaranteed! He had an appeal before the Supreme court pending. There is far more to this story then people know. How do I know? My former wife used the same law firm in our divorce that represented Stacy in hers. Our divorces are mirror images of one another. We both relocated to Wolfeboro in the 2000's; had significant assets in real estate; owned in town homes; and many more simalarities. My divorce experience was so unbelievable that I wrote a book about it. In it I made serious allegations that the lawyers were "pitting" my wife and I against each other like dogs in a fighting ring. I warned in this book that these highly corrupt and dangerous legal tactics could result in murder. This was a prediction made before this murder took place. I'm no prophet and did not know Stacy or Ed. This was an easilly forseeable consequence to the legal corruption that I experienced first hand and have the evidence to back it up. The police will not even acknowledge my existance. Jim Vittum didn't kill Stacy. He is Ed's reasonable doubt. This is far bigger then anyone knows and a coverup at the highest levels.

pavlogsdog

Augusta, ME

#102 Nov 5, 2011
Like I said before, absurd. Ed was working, owned 3 houses a dam a sailboat and a healthy pention. He was abusive and controlling. This was a case of a malignant narcissist w/ an enabling mother and bestfriend against an abused,frightened all alone mother of five.
motive

Haverhill, MA

#103 Nov 5, 2011
pavlogsdog wrote:
Like I said before, absurd. Ed was working, owned 3 houses a dam a sailboat and a healthy pention. He was abusive and controlling. This was a case of a malignant narcissist w/ an enabling mother and bestfriend against an abused,frightened all alone mother of five.
in your previous post you said that Ed did not work for two years leading up to the murder. Now you say he was working. What gives? You say that Ed owned three homes and a dam. Do you mean Ed and Stacy owned these properties together? Child support is not based upon assets, it's based upon income and a two thousand dollar a month obligation would require a very significant income in the six figure range to justify. I doubt any pension he received qualified and merchant marines marketable job skills in the worst economy since the depression are not exactly in demand. I also find it unreasonable to think that he can be controlling when his job required him to be away from home for months at a time. Maybe that's how Stacy viewed his emergence back into her life after being away from home for so long? You're instincts are very good in looking past the distractions. that's why I responded to your post. Ed likely killed Stacy and you and I both agree on this point. However there are two sides to every story and maybe focusing on why Ed killed Stacy would be more constructive. It's not likely because he still loved her or wanted her back. It's likely because he hated her with a passion you would need to experience to understand. That's where the lawyers come in.
pavlogsdog

Augusta, ME

#104 Nov 6, 2011
Attorneys have a job to do, and judges make decisions, ultimately we as individuals have to accept these decisions. But I have to say as smoeone who knew Both Ed and Stacey very well, Stacey and her hundreds of friends did NOT view Ed as being controlling.They viewed him as being angry,drunk and controlling and they viewed this often.
Solve It Already

Rutland, VT

#105 Nov 10, 2011
I could care less about being constructive and trying to focus on WHY Ed might have done this. Who cares where the lawyers came in? People go through this process every day without this type of violence. Motive sounds like a nice enough guy and sorry he had such a terrible experience, but again I could care less how mean the lawyers were to Ed. There are other possibilities than Ed, and I don’t see the need to dismiss the idea that any one of them was capable of doing this. All four were carrying out their own form of stalking or intimidation and had scared her in some way. I think it would be far more constructive to get discussion going on any of them. As the authorities said, people and relationships change over time. Hopefully someone starts talking soon about what they might know.
whatever

South Pomfret, VT

#106 Nov 10, 2011
Hopefully people care enough to contact the author writing about this case.Ed,Brabant,Clark and Thor could clear up some confusion if they weren't such cowards.What are you four people hiding?Screw the police,they know who did this but will NEVER make an arrest.(talk about cowards) Ed, if you want that life ins. check help solve this case,bring your attorney and cash in like you did w/ ABC. Amazon has a big ass budget here.
motive

Haverhill, MA

#107 Nov 19, 2011
Excert from "Divorce (Lawyers) from Hell" During one of these exchanges, Renie requested that I meet her in Ports-mouth that Sunday to exchange our son back. I was uneasy with this request fearing this would be a restraining order violation or a possible setup. How-ever, I agreed to meet and we met at the McDonalds in Newington. I arrived first and our son was asleep in the back seat. Renie arrived a few minutes later and without being invited she climbed into my car. She was in a very good mood as if she was meeting me for a date. I decided to take advantage of this good mood by asking a couple questions. I asked “why did you file a restraining order preventing me from seeing our son?” She responded “be-cause my lawyer told me to.” I then asked “did he also tell you to have me arrested?” Tears began to well up in her eyes as she lowered her head while nodding in the affirmative and said “I don’t want to talk about it.” I backed off the questions as her mood changed from giddy to somber. She stayed in the car as we discussed other issues while waiting for our son to wake up. Before she left I asked her one more question:“Why don’t you remove the restraining order so that we can talk”. She responded that her lawyer would get mad at her and drop her as a client if she did.
A few days later, I met with attorney Coldstein at her lake house in Pleas-antville. We talked on the deck regarding divorce related issues. One of those issues was that my wife was supposedly requesting an extension of the re-straining order for a year after the divorce was final because she was afraid of me. I was beside myself and could barely speak. I tried explaining how Renie and I had met in Portsmouth that previous Sunday at her request. I tried ex-plaining how Renie had been during exchanges of our son. I grew angry and stunned at this incredible claim that she was suddenly afraid of me and want-ed to extend the restraining order. Attorney Coldstein said that she rejected the idea of extending the restraining order but would agree to a written statement saying that I would not have contact with Renie after the divorce was final. Totally flustered, I offered to sign an agreement that I would not have contact with Renie for the remainder of our lives if that is what she wanted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Durham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rusty Moose Restaurant (Jul '13) 5 hr Summers in New Du... 15
News Christie says he might 'go nuclear' at next GOP... Tue swedenforever 8
News Christie tells Fallon he might a go nuclear' in... Tue Sterkfontein Swar... 4
News Christie tells Fallon he might 'go nuclear' in ... Tue OccupyThis 3
Happy Birthday JC Aug 31 Mally43 1
News Ad targets Romney on abortion, Planned Parenthood (Jul '12) Aug 27 Dan 77
Stacey Burns Vittum Interview (May '14) Aug 22 jeff strelzin 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Durham Mortgages