Their view: In Beck, Fox has a famili...

Their view: In Beck, Fox has a familiar demagogue

There are 40 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Nov 29, 2009, titled Their view: In Beck, Fox has a familiar demagogue. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

For nearly a century, the Anti-Defamation League has stared unflinchingly into the dark corners of America's social psyche -- the places where combustible tendencies such as hatred and paranoia pool and, sometimes, burst into flame.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tony M

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Nov 29, 2009
Would anybody be worried about Glen Beck if he were oh, let's say a white liberal, black, hispanic, muslim or female?
get a clue

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Nov 29, 2009
Keep it up Glenn! Now you're an "offensively dangerous demagogue"... you must have someone scared!!! I love it!
The Informed

Farmington, NM

#3 Nov 29, 2009
I am amazed that the Sun News continues to run this sort swill with little or no rebuttal. Beck is popular because he knows what nobody on the left is willing to admit. Government and the army of lawyers that prop it up, is part of the America's problem not the solution. There were many liberal causes worthy of support for generations. The worthy wars like civil rights were won long ago. Lately empowering government to dominate every aspect of our very existence is all that is left for the left. Don't wonder why Beck is popular. Take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself why you want government to dominate even more?
Notso

Gallup, NM

#4 Nov 29, 2009
Consider the source...."The Loss Angeles Times". Loss of circulation, loss of readership and loss of revenue. And they wonder WHY Becks rating are so high. Morons. The Sun News run's this swill here in LC because they can get away with it. It enhances their standing on the liberal "A" party list.

Since: Sep 07

Toledo, OH

#5 Nov 29, 2009
Notso wrote:
Consider the source...."The Loss Angeles Times". Loss of circulation, loss of readership and loss of revenue. And they wonder WHY Becks rating are so high. Morons. The Sun News run's this swill here in LC because they can get away with it. It enhances their standing on the liberal "A" party list.
This is a little off topic but why do you try to validate a point about readership with newspapers. All papers are seeing a declined in viewership due to computers and multiple news channels. The computer is also affecting our postal services. Not a good point when trying to prove a point.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Nov 29, 2009
get a clue wrote:
Keep it up Glenn! Now you're an "offensively dangerous demagogue"... you must have someone scared!!! I love it!
Yeah - he does have many people scared. Intelligent thoughtful folks with a sense of history who realize how destructive hate, racism, bigotry, propaganda, and the Big Lie can be. People who know the power of Bernays' and Goebbels' effective propaganda techniques.

How anyone can purposely not only intentionally watch a racist and hate monger, but be a fan says more about their morality than intelligence.

But the disgust and anger should not be directed at the the millionaire on-air hate mongers. Rather it should be directed at the advertisers who sanction hate with dollars, and their audience of racists, bigots, and sycophants who keep them in business and spread their hate, ignorance, and LIEs.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Nov 29, 2009
pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a little off topic but why do you try to validate a point about readership with newspapers. All papers are seeing a declined in viewership due to computers and multiple news channels. The computer is also affecting our postal services. Not a good point when trying to prove a point.
You are right on target. When dittoheads, foxholes, and teabaggers have nothing but propaganda talking points, and LIEs that are contradicted by FACTS to offer, they HAVE to attack the sources.

Who bought the Chicago Tribune/LA Times with borrowed money, buried it under debt service and and drove it into bankruptcy? Billionaire real estate investor Samuel Zell.He bought it using the pensions of Tribune employees, while putting up less than 3.9% of his own money in the deal. Just another example of corporate/Wall Street greed and crony capitalism.

Just one of the poster boys for the Right-wing scam artists who made out like bandits under the mantel of deregulated capitalism.
jimbob

Las Cruces, NM

#8 Nov 29, 2009
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah - he does have many people scared. Intelligent thoughtful folks with a sense of history who realize how destructive hate, racism, bigotry, propaganda, and the Big Lie can be. People who know the power of Bernays' and Goebbels' effective propaganda techniques.
How anyone can purposely not only intentionally watch a racist and hate monger, but be a fan says more about their morality than intelligence.
But the disgust and anger should not be directed at the the millionaire on-air hate mongers. Rather it should be directed at the advertisers who sanction hate with dollars, and their audience of racists, bigots, and sycophants who keep them in business and spread their hate, ignorance, and LIEs.
PlacitassRoy, check your mirror if you want to see a real hate monger.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Nov 29, 2009
jimbob wrote:
<quoted text>PlacitassRoy, check your mirror if you want to see a real hate monger.
Another off topic personal attack by a mental midget incapable of intelligent comment. More proof of the danger of the right-wing hate mongers influence.
jimbob

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Nov 29, 2009
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right on target. When dittoheads, foxholes, and teabaggers have nothing but propaganda talking points, and LIEs that are contradicted by FACTS to offer, they HAVE to attack the sources.
Who bought the Chicago Tribune/LA Times with borrowed money, buried it under debt service and and drove it into bankruptcy? Billionaire real estate investor Samuel Zell.He bought it using the pensions of Tribune employees, while putting up less than 3.9% of his own money in the deal. Just another example of corporate/Wall Street greed and crony capitalism.
Just one of the poster boys for the Right-wing scam artists who made out like bandits under the mantel of deregulated capitalism.
You forgot to mention George Soros in your diatribe.
Formerlcresident

UAE

#11 Nov 29, 2009
"How anyone can purposely not only intentionally watch a racist and hate monger, but be a fan says more about their morality than intelligenc".

When using comments like this about Beck please also use the same description for the people of La Raza and the Black Panthers

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Nov 29, 2009
Formerlcresident wrote:
"How anyone can purposely not only intentionally watch a racist and hate monger, but be a fan says more about their morality than intelligenc".
When using comments like this about Beck please also use the same description for the people of La Raza and the Black Panthers
When someone from La Raza and/or the Black Panthers gets a national radio show 1/10th the size of Druggie Limpbaugh, Beck, Hannity, et al, and a cable show and uses those platforms to spew hate, racism,and bigotry, unconstrained by fact and truth, rest assured I will.
Sean Hannity reporting

Largo, FL

#13 Nov 29, 2009
Some people say Santa Claus is a phoney but in actuality, Lewis Libby was more of a phoney.
He wasn't loyal to Vice President Cheney.
get a clue

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Nov 29, 2009
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah - he does have many people scared. Intelligent thoughtful folks with a sense of history who realize how destructive hate, racism, bigotry, propaganda, and the Big Lie can be. People who know the power of Bernays' and Goebbels' effective propaganda techniques.
How anyone can purposely not only intentionally watch a racist and hate monger, but be a fan says more about their morality than intelligence.
But the disgust and anger should not be directed at the the millionaire on-air hate mongers. Rather it should be directed at the advertisers who sanction hate with dollars, and their audience of racists, bigots, and sycophants who keep them in business and spread their hate, ignorance, and LIEs.
Methinks thou dost protest too much Roy! Nobody is calling Glenn to call him a liar because they CANNOT. If the truth hurts, take an aspirin and call it a day!
Woody

Las Cruces, NM

#15 Nov 29, 2009
Glenn Beck is a fresh breath of air in liberal-land like LA Times. LA Times did not investigate ACORN; LA Times does not investigate the Obama czars; LA Times has no curiosity about errors in counting stimulus jobs. LA Times is a loser for no longer being a valid news organization.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Nov 29, 2009
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks thou dost protest too much Roy! Nobody is calling Glenn to call him a liar because they CANNOT. If the truth hurts, take an aspirin and call it a day!
There are six types of people who don't know Beck is a LIAR. Those who have never heard of him, ignoramuses, mor0ns, and dittoheads, foxholes, and teabaggers.

Beck is a LIARů.just like all the other Fox Freaks. Politifact has a bunch documented: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/feeds...

Media Matters have a bunch documented as well as many just plain [email protected] crazy rantings: http://clips.mediamatters.org/search/tag/glen...
Mark Skidmark

Largo, FL

#17 Nov 29, 2009
Woody wrote:
Glenn Beck is a fresh breath of air in liberal-land like LA Times. LA Times did not investigate ACORN; LA Times does not investigate the Obama czars; LA Times has no curiosity about errors in counting stimulus jobs. LA Times is a loser for no longer being a valid news organization.
If you think a fart is a fresh breath of air ...... then you're correct.
PlacatousRoy

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Nov 29, 2009
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
There are six types of people who don't know Beck is a LIAR. Those who have never heard of him, ignoramuses, mor0ns, and dittoheads, foxholes, and teabaggers.
Beck is a LIARů.just like all the other Fox Freaks. Politifact has a bunch documented: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/feeds...
Media Matters have a bunch documented as well as many just plain [email protected] crazy rantings: http://clips.mediamatters.org/search/tag/glen...
You got to be kidding "PlacitasRoy", citing Politifact and Mediamatters as truthful sources! Nope, I for one will but my trust elsewhere.
jimbob

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Nov 29, 2009
PlacatousRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
You got to be kidding "PlacitasRoy", citing Politifact and Mediamatters as truthful sources! Nope, I for one will but my trust elsewhere.
PlacitassRoy is a little brainwashed (very small bowl used) so you will have to excuse his choice of reading material.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Nov 29, 2009
PlacatousRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
You got to be kidding "PlacitasRoy", citing Politifact and Mediamatters as truthful sources! Nope, I for one will but my trust elsewhere.
But of course you can't debunk a damn thing either of them. When dittoheads, foxholes, and teabaggers have nothing but propaganda talking points, and LIEs that are contradicted by FACTS to offer, they HAVE to attack the sources. Especially when they are INCAPABLE of debunking a single fact contained in the 2 sources cited.

Which one of the 6 types are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Deal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 7 hr Joe Balls 985
Drake Routier - Darlie Routier's son (Sep '09) Apr 28 MadisonLady 501
Nikki dee ray (Apr '15) Apr 10 M-Ville 26 35
Review: I Love Kickboxing Apr 6 ryanamn 8
close to lubbock for the night, looking for fun. Mar '16 passingthrough 1
Sexy Girls In Lubbock (Sep '11) Mar '16 Irish10wild69 8
jesse elizondo (Jul '12) Mar '16 kids 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Deal Mortgages