Why Republicans can't get enough of book 'The Forgotten Man'

There aren't any sex scenes or vampires, and it won't help you lose weight. But House Republicans are tearing through the pages of Amity Shlaes' "The Forgotten Man" like soccer moms before book club night. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Puppet At State Fair”

Since: Mar 09

Nowthen, MN

#1 Apr 21, 2009
Norm Coleman will be starring in the sequel of the same title.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Apr 21, 2009
THE Radest Rethuglican wrote:
Norm Coleman will be starring in the sequel of the same title.
OK, for one of the few times in my short career as a poster, I will agree with my liberal opponent!
mary

United States

#5 Apr 21, 2009
THE Radest Rethuglican wrote:
Norm Coleman will be starring in the sequel of the same title.
Thank god for Republicans
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Apr 21, 2009
"When you look back at the '30s using the public choice lens, what you discover is the extent to which the Depression wasn't about a virtuous government and bad businesspeople. Rather, it was about people in office competing with the private sector for power."

Amen brother.
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Apr 21, 2009
Republican Failures wrote:
To be popular with conservatives and Republicans, it must use small words and lots of pictures, like Bush's favorite, "My Little Pony." Fight conservativism: Promote Literacy and Education,'cause nobody in their right mind would agree with all the epic failures of the GOP.
Whenever liberals question the intellect of a conservative, I smile in amusement. Whenever people here do it, I laugh out loud.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 21, 2009
Republican Failures wrote:
To be popular with conservatives and Republicans, it must use small words and lots of pictures, like Bush's favorite, "My Little Pony." Fight conservativism: Promote Literacy and Education,'cause nobody in their right mind would agree with all the epic failures of the GOP.
How quickly those of you who voted for Carter/Mondale forget the absolutely horrendous mess they left for Reagan and Clinton to clean up.
You, perhaps, should go back and reread that history book and beocme literate yourself
St Paul Government

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Apr 21, 2009
We will see who is laughing when You finaly get a Job and start paying for the Leftist, Give me a Vote programs. Income Tax set to go up 40% in four years under the DFL budget.

“Puppet At State Fair”

Since: Mar 09

Nowthen, MN

#11 Apr 21, 2009
Cybear wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one nasty piece of sh]t.
Thanks, I'm feeling the Love. Do you EVER think B4 you post? Keep it real bro!
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Apr 21, 2009
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>
You, perhaps, should go back and reread that history book and beocme literate yourself
Shouldn't he get literate first?

“Puppet At State Fair”

Since: Mar 09

Nowthen, MN

#13 Apr 21, 2009
Bob the Bilderberg wrote:
"When you look back at the '30s using the public choice lens,...
public choice lens? What's that, something like 3-D glasses? Please expound on that concept, Bob the Blunderbuss.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#14 Apr 21, 2009
sorb wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't he get literate first?
Good bye, and have a nice life
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Apr 21, 2009
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>
Good bye, and have a nice life
Say hi to the space men for me.
Cybear

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Apr 21, 2009
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>
How quickly those of you who voted for Carter/Mondale forget the absolutely horrendous mess they left for Reagan and Clinton to clean up.
You, perhaps, should go back and reread that history book and beocme literate yourself
What mess did Clinton clean up? He received a roaring economy (2000 GDP growth >3%) and handed off a recession that Congressional Democrats refused to address for two years.
Cybear

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Apr 21, 2009
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>
How quickly those of you who voted for Carter/Mondale ...
Actually, I voted for Carter/Mondale in 1976. Since then, I have written three letters to President Carter thanking him for converting me into a Republican.
Owl Gore

Monroe, LA

#19 Apr 21, 2009
Gore To Write [new] Book On Climate Change

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/03/24/polit...





Environmental activist and former Vice President Al Gore plans to release a new book, "Our Choice," in November of 2009.

The book will "answer the call" for "urgent action" on a "comprehensive global plan that actually solves the climate crisis," according to a press release.

Gore hopes that the book will "unquestionably inspire and rally those ready to fight for solutions that were deemed impossible only a short time ago." He plans to lay out the conclusions he has reached after attending a number of "Solutions Summits" focused on the climate attended by policy experts, scientists and engineers.

In keeping with the theme of sustainability, "Our Choice" will be printed by Rodale Inc. Publishers on 100% recycled paper with locally produced and sourced editions and low VOC inks; it will also be carbon neutral. The former vice president and his wife Tipper will donate all of the book’s proceeds to the Alliance for Climate Protection, as they did with their popular film, "An Inconvenient Truth."

**********

Another book for the fiction shelf.

Soon to be available at thrift shops everywhere.
RIOT

Madison, WI

#20 Apr 21, 2009
Someone finally wrote the truth, amazing! The left must be going nuts, you mean not all writers are liberals! Cool!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#21 Apr 21, 2009
Cybear wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I voted for Carter/Mondale in 1976. Since then, I have written three letters to President Carter thanking him for converting me into a Republican.
Never wrote a letter, but that is why I did also
Knowledge is key

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Apr 21, 2009
RIOT wrote:
Someone finally wrote the truth, amazing! The left must be going nuts, you mean not all writers are liberals! Cool!
A Republican can write a book, woo-who! Just because someone writes a book, doesn't make it true. Republicant's keep saying WWII got us out of the great depression. We've had two wars going for a number of years, one would think the economy would be booming. But, we all know better than that.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#23 Apr 21, 2009
Cybear wrote:
<quoted text>
What mess did Clinton clean up? He received a roaring economy (2000 GDP growth >3%) and handed off a recession that Congressional Democrats refused to address for two years.
I have one great reply, but it ain't going to be written here!:-)

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#24 Apr 21, 2009
Knowledge is key wrote:
<quoted text>
A Republican can write a book, woo-who! Just because someone writes a book, doesn't make it true. Republicant's keep saying WWII got us out of the great depression. We've had two wars going for a number of years, one would think the economy would be booming. But, we all know better than that.
That is fact, the entire country was the Military Industrial Complex and were manufacturing all types of war materials. Jobs were created to maintain our troops in Europe and the Pacific. We threw everything we had at them
Today, we limit the level of involvemnet in an effort to prevent collateral damages. The entire country is not invovled in war time manufacturing, different time, and situation, not even closely related

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Deal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1971 Lubbock Riots (Feb '06) 1 hr Sbb 26
Nikki dee ray 9 hr nacho 7
please read me need info 18 hr forreal 1
My luck has to change 20 hr Happy 1
Debate: Nuclear Power - Lubbock, TX (May '11) Tue Nick parker 6
suddenlink Mon nacho 1
Review: Springboard Academics Mar 28 ConCerned 1

Fire Weather Watch for Lubbock County was issued at April 01 at 4:01PM CDT

New Deal Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Deal People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]