Clearview Elementary principal resigns

Full story: Evening Sun 12
After four years as the principal of Clearview Elementary School, Joe Albin will be leaving the Hanover Public School District for an administrative position in the West Shore School District. Full Story
Mike Baker

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2009
I met Joe Albin when he first came to the District and was very impressed with his demeanor, friendly nature and interest in others. Over the years he has proven his worth as an educator and leader. He will be missed. I wish Joe much sucess in his new career.
Mike Baker
Hanover
Facts

Baltimore, MD

#2 Feb 24, 2009
This will be a big loss for the district. They have a really strong group of ES principals and had gained lots of momentum working together.
oh no

Warminster, PA

#3 Feb 24, 2009
bet they bring back Mrs. Bookwalter to sub until they find a new principal. The staff will just LOVE that, "not"
Swaz

Baltimore, MD

#4 Feb 24, 2009
Mrs. Bookwalter gave me nightmares when I went to Clearview many many years ago...hahah
Perspective

York, PA

#5 Feb 24, 2009
It is a shame that the group of "Common Sense" Board Members drove him out of the district. people can only take so much bashing, ridicule, distrust. They are ruining district for all administrators and staff and especially the students. They don't care about the studnets or people in general. They are a mean, degrading, bitter group of indivudals out to destroy the district and drive out the good teachers and administrators. they might not even replace him as they want to save money. The almighty dollar...very sad.
Concerned Citizen

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Feb 24, 2009
It is hard for me to believe that the "elementary school principal" position has to be analyzed first to determine if it needs to be filled. How does the Board expect the school to run with no principal or assistant principal. They clearly do not understand the vast responsibilities that come with the position or they would never question the need to advertise. Mr. Albin is an outstanding educator and Hanover's loss is West Shore's gain.
Roy

Plainfield, NJ

#7 Feb 25, 2009
Good for you Mr Albin!!!

Ran away !!! run away as fast and as far as you can!!!

You will be in a better place!!!!

Good luck to you Joe!
Concerned too

West Chester, PA

#8 Feb 26, 2009
Once again Hanover has lost a good educator to a district that values it's teachers and students. Hanover WAS a great district once but it's being destroyed by the very ones that proposed to make it better. Joe, you will be greatly missed! Best Wishes for your future.
Concerned too

West Chester, PA

#9 Feb 26, 2009
Once again Hanover has lost a good educator to a district that values it's teachers and students. Hanover WAS a great district once but it's being destroyed by the very ones that proposed to make it better. Joe, you will be greatly missed! Best wishes for your future.
big art

Reynoldsville, PA

#10 Feb 26, 2009
Concerned Citizen wrote:
It is hard for me to believe that the "elementary school principal" position has to be analyzed first to determine if it needs to be filled. How does the Board expect the school to run with no principal or assistant principal. They clearly do not understand the vast responsibilities that come with the position or they would never question the need to advertise. Mr. Albin is an outstanding educator and Hanover's loss is West Shore's gain.
art smith runs the show and knows what his doing hes getting rid of the people he dont like so the schools new name is ART SMITH SCHOOL DISTRICT like he said my way or the highway
Unbuttoned lips--

West Orange, NJ

#11 Feb 26, 2009
As a recent graduate of Hanover, I'm appalled at what I hear and see coming from this so called "Common Sense" panel of board members. There is nothing sensible about leaving an elementary school without a principal-- especially a district that seems to have been struggling to keep its head above water for the last few years. Joe Albin was a GODSEND to this district, and MOST IMPORTANTLY- to the students. Have they forgotten that their whole existence as a district is first, and foremost to educate Hanover's young minds?? The welfare of the students is what this board should be focusing on, but instead, it is smiling as it's wishing the best parts of its school district a hearty "bon voyage."

You need no crystal ball to see that Joe Albin won't be the only employee to recognize when enough is enough. I wish him the best of luck in his new endeavors and my heart and DEEPEST sympathies go out to those teachers and administrators still striving to make Hanover Public Schools the bright and successful institutions they once were and very well still COULD be. Hang in there, I made it out alive. I'm living proof that we alumni still have a voice.
former employee

Gettysburg, PA

#12 Mar 2, 2009
Mrs. Bookwalter gave me nightmares when I worked at Clearview many, many years ago...hahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atty. Gen. Kane walked fine line, but did she c... Mon lady 1
my friend (Jan '14) Jan 24 lady 126
Lawyer: AG Kane won't quit if charged Jan 23 lady 3
Three suspects wanted for multiple residential ... Jan 23 lady 1
Debate: Abortion Debate - Harrisburg, PA (Mar '12) Jan 22 Cannabis Kid 3
Eight protesters against fracking arrested at G... Jan 21 lady 1
Vandals target cars, church in Harrisburg Jan 19 lady 2
New Cumberland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web