Nine arrested in warrant sweep in York

There are 10 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Feb 7, 2011, titled Nine arrested in warrant sweep in York. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The York County Sheriff's Office conducted a warrant sweep Saturday, arresting nine people on 12 warrants and other charges, according to a news release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

AdamonC

New York, NY

#1 Feb 7, 2011
York must be a utopia to live in. No "serious" criminals wanted on warrants? I may be mischaracterizing the crimes, but in "serious" I mean murder, kid-napping, drug dealing, assaults, burglary, grand theft, etc... Nine people with a total of $743.58 hardly seems to pay for the manpower it took to apprehend them.
Chamber of Compost

Shrewsbury, PA

#2 Feb 7, 2011
AdamonC wrote:
York must be a utopia to live in. No "serious" criminals wanted on warrants? I may be mischaracterizing the crimes, but in "serious" I mean murder, kid-napping, drug dealing, assaults, burglary, grand theft, etc... Nine people with a total of $743.58 hardly seems to pay for the manpower it took to apprehend them.
Yes, but they are all good people who are trying to straighten their lives out. They help their neighbors and are kind to animals. We don't understand where they went wrong. We know their parents raised them right. Just read some of the other York crime posts, and you will see that the parents are never to blame.

Nah. Hang 'em all high.
Dismayed

York, PA

#3 Feb 7, 2011
And they all live in the County. Not one anti-City post yet. After all the criminals only live in the city
outlaw

Oxford, PA

#4 Feb 7, 2011
wow .....those are some hardend criminals ,way to go ,.........btw, did they catch any of the muggers,strong arm robbers or carjackers that have been terrorizing york residents latly ,????
Ex Yorker

Lake Worth, FL

#5 Feb 7, 2011
Wow. With type of expertise on warrant sweeping. They should bring this folks to New York they would be sweeping from now until doomsday.
big bad bill

United States

#6 Feb 7, 2011
Dismayed wrote:
And they all live in the County. Not one anti-City post yet. After all the criminals only live in the city
the cops and probation are scared to go into the projects and arrest the criminals
hair

York, PA

#7 Feb 7, 2011
big bad bill wrote:
<quoted text>
the cops and probation are scared to go into the projects and arrest the criminals
YUP, your correct with that!
David

Mount Wolf, PA

#8 Feb 8, 2011
We can hope the fines shown are not the total to be 'earned' in this sweep. Surely cost more than $700 to execute this action, but at least it helped to clear the formal list of warrants.
Pablo

Lewisberry, PA

#9 Feb 8, 2011
David wrote:
We can hope the fines shown are not the total to be 'earned' in this sweep. Surely cost more than $700 to execute this action, but at least it helped to clear the formal list of warrants.
I have to agree. It seems overkill to arrest 9 people who owe less than $100 each.
FORTISS

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Feb 8, 2011
It's a lot safer arresting these people as opposed to hardened criminals & drunk people as well. Not a lot of chance of resistance or weapons to worry about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Woman Offers Man Massage, Sets Him on Fire 10 hr Suezanne 5
News Social Security disability approvals decline (Dec '13) May 21 racism is wrong 92
News Man's lawsuit: Woman shouldn't have watched me ... (Oct '10) May 18 EvryDayAholliday 67
News Cumberland County man disappears from nudist ca... May 17 nudistpersonalsorg 1
News Greensburg gets new Bishop May 12 Per Curiam 1
News Inaugural Message to Gov. Tom Wolf: Stop Fracki... May 4 Beth 6
Private Stock meat company (Oct '11) Apr '15 Well informed 41
More from around the web

New Cumberland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]