Moving costs for York City Hall under $1M

Full story: York Dispatch 9
The cost of moving York City's administration into 101 S. George St. will be less than $1 million. Full Story
wow

York, PA

#1 Jun 7, 2011
I guess the elephant in the room is where the additional dollars will come from? If they have the money why were our taxes raised? How nice a fitness center for the employees when more then half the residents are having trouble putting food on the table and gas in their car to get to work. Shame on the administration and City Council.
George

Washington, DC

#2 Jun 7, 2011
For now! Wait till teh change orders start rolling in!
john doe 000069

York, PA

#3 Jun 7, 2011
You elect these jerks into office. When they were running they ran on saving money. All these officals want to do is spend spend spend. $880,000 for the move. How many millions for the purchase of the building. The fire department wants to close down 2 fire stations and build a new one for over $2,000,000. They still have to fix the 911 center. They spent $95,000 for a backup generator for the prison because the lazy union workers didn't feel like fixing the old one. How much more money is this city spending money that they don't have.
George

Washington, DC

#4 Jun 7, 2011
john doe 000069 wrote:
You elect these jerks into office. When they were running they ran on saving money. All these officals want to do is spend spend spend.$880,000 for the move. How many millions for the purchase of the building. The fire department wants to close down 2 fire stations and build a new one for over $2,000,000. They still have to fix the 911 center. They spent $95,000 for a backup generator for the prison because the lazy union workers didn't feel like fixing the old one. How much more money is this city spending money that they don't have.
Back on the unions again you MORON? It would be management's ersponsibility to make sure the repairs were made by the "lazy union workers"!
Eagle One

Mount Laurel, NJ

#6 Jun 7, 2011
Nice to see the city economizing.
john doe 000069

York, PA

#7 Jun 7, 2011
George wrote:
<quoted text>Back on the unions again you MORON? It would be management's ersponsibility to make sure the repairs were made by the "lazy union workers"!
Yes I am. If there were no unions I feel the state budget would be about 15 billion. My point snapper head was this. How often do they use the backup generator at the prison? They could have fixed it instead of buying a new one. You must be a worthless union worker being that you always get bent out of shape everytime I put unions down. Does the managment have to hold the union workers hands?
Tony

York, PA

#9 Jun 7, 2011
Yes, I know, TONI! Lawsuit stuff!!!!!
George

Washington, DC

#11 Jun 7, 2011
john doe 000069 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I am. If there were no unions I feel the state budget would be about 15 billion. My point snapper head was this. How often do they use the backup generator at the prison? They could have fixed it instead of buying a new one. You must be a worthless union worker being that you always get bent out of shape everytime I put unions down. Does the managment have to hold the union workers hands?
Hey Moron? Backup generators are not meant to use full time. If they use it full time then they will have to get another as backup, and that is probably per regulation. I never have and never will work or a union but you are so childish and vitriolic in your rantings about unions and police that you have lost all credibility you could have had!
Mr Steven Young

Dover, PA

#12 Jun 7, 2011
You're an idiot brosif. The 911 center and prison have NOTHING to do with the city or their budget, both are operated by the county in the county. I love it when you share your thoughts, it reaffirms to us how stupid you are.
john doe 000069 wrote:
You elect these jerks into office. When they were running they ran on saving money. All these officals want to do is spend spend spend.$880,000 for the move. How many millions for the purchase of the building. The fire department wants to close down 2 fire stations and build a new one for over $2,000,000. They still have to fix the 911 center. They spent $95,000 for a backup generator for the prison because the lazy union workers didn't feel like fixing the old one. How much more money is this city spending money that they don't have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the best way to help an elderly dog? (May '09) Dec 15 Laura Struthers 16
Social Security disability approvals decline (Dec '13) Dec 15 jordennancy23 84
Harrisburg hit-and-run: Woman drove car into cr... (Jul '12) Dec 14 gabbyella 2
Does anyone know anything about the Siena House? (Mar '11) Dec 12 Jennifer 4
Report: Pa. has 200,000 abandoned oil, gas wells (Oct '12) Dec 12 Note 3
Gettysburg professor arrested for arranging sex... Dec 9 Just a thought 33
Sandra Reid breaks silence, discusses warrants,... Dec 6 lady 3
New Cumberland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Cumberland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Cumberland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Cumberland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:38 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 6:38PM
You miss DeSean Jackson now, Philadelphia Eagles?
Bleacher Report 6:45 PM
Eagles Should Turn to Matt Barkley in Week 17 If Playoffs out of Question
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Despite Win Redskins' D Still Major Problem
Bleacher Report 7:30 PM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Full Report Card Grades for Washington
ESPN 8:51 PM
Big-play Jackson questions 'naive' Eagles D