Central Pa. students stage sit-in ove...

Central Pa. students stage sit-in over cuts

There are 13 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 25, 2011, titled Central Pa. students stage sit-in over cuts. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Students at several schools in one central Pennsylvania district are staging a sit-in to protest program cuts adopted to balance its budget.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Tired of All of the BS

York, PA

#1 Mar 26, 2011
Look, it’s time for some REAL Change in Harrisburg. NOW is the Time with an all Republican Legislators and Governor. Property owners need some relief NOW.

- Pass legislation to repeal property tax and replace with a higher state sales tax on all items, services and purchases to fund our school system. That way everybody pays from Welfare Recipient to Corporate President. NOW that’s Fair……

- Take all taxing power away from the local school boards.

- Reduce all Welfare Funding by fifteen percent [ 15%]- the taxpayer has long been forced to make due with much more than a fifteen percent [ 15%] reduction in their household - TIME for the Welfare Freeloaders to feel the pinch too.

- STOP all funding and services to ALL Illegal’s…..

- The list could go on forever BUT this would be a Great Start….

Will the all Republican Legislators and Governor do this or anything close to this, Probably Not as they are to much of a P U $$ Y to do so, they do not want to hear all of the outcries from the Liberals and Freeloaders - WHY do the Right Thing by the taxpayers who are footing the bill for all of the wasted social programs spent. Heck over one-third of the state budget goes to Welfare.

The Time for Change is NOW….

Harrisburg, WAKE UP
Tired of All of the BS

York, PA

#2 Mar 26, 2011
Look, it’s time for some REAL Change in Harrisburg. NOW is the Time with an all Republican Legislators and Governor. Property owners need some relief NOW.

- Pass legislation to repeal property tax and replace with a higher state sales tax on all items, services and purchases to fund our school system. That way everybody pays from Welfare Recipient to Corporate President. NOW that’s Fair……

- Take all taxing power away from the local school boards.

- Reduce all Welfare Funding by fifteen percent [ 15%]- the taxpayer has long been forced to make due with much more than a fifteen percent [ 15%] reduction in their household - TIME for the Welfare Freeloaders to feel the pinch too.

- STOP all funding and services to ALL Illegal’s…..

- The list could go on forever BUT this would be a Great Start….

Will the all Republican Legislators and Governor do this or anything close to this, Probably Not as they are to much of a P U $$ Y to do so, they do not want to hear all of the outcries from the Liberals and Freeloaders - WHY do the Right Thing by the taxpayers who are footing the bill for all of the wasted social programs spent. Heck over one-third of the state budget goes to Welfare.

The Time for Change is NOW….

Harrisburg, WAKE UP
Taxpayer

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Mar 26, 2011
Well if these Kids dont want any cuts.....Let them pay the taxes. They apparently have no clue that the people cannot afford to pay more taxes. When they are working at Wal-Mart and somehow the Schools decide too many people are renting and dont own land...they will start taxing income. Then these same A-H Kids will whine they dont have money for food but the schools will have plenty of money.
Really

Spring Grove, PA

#4 Mar 26, 2011
If they are being marked unexcused, they are now trespassing. Call the police and have them physically removed. Period, end of story!

Im tired of the Dep. of Ed. wasting my tax dollars. Elaborate schools, sporting events, no child left behind, etc.....the only thing the majority of these kids learn is how to leach off society. The education system in the US is broke and ill be damned if ill support these snot nosed brats wasting my taxes and trespassing on my property to protest something with which they know nothing about!

If any teacher is found promoting this action in the classroom, they should be fired on the spot! They are paid to teach facts. Not opinion! What they choose to believe outside the classroom is their business, inside is mine! Im so tired of the liberalistic views in education these days.
RINO

York, PA

#5 Mar 26, 2011
Tired of All of the BS wrote:

-
In 2008, Rep. Seth Grove said the same thing, with a Republican Legislator and Governor, the property tax can now be eliminated. Today instead, Grove is pushing legislation that will continue the property tax. I am sure when the dems are in power again, they will do the same thing.
4kids

Toledo, OH

#6 Mar 26, 2011
Wow. I can't believe people would bash teenagers who feel passionate about something and try to make a point. You are the same people who complain teenagers are lazy and don't care about anything. Telling them to grow up? I think this shows they are growing up. Do they understand all the details about taxes and budgets? No- but let's educate them about it. Did you know that they also compiled a list of ways the school district could save money? Did the teachers explore a wage freeze?
Insinuating teachers actually put kids up to this is also ridiculous- like the kids can't make their own choices. Everyone is tense under these budget constraints (exacerbated by our governor's drastic cuts) but we should not be name calling and at each other's throats- reforms need to be investigated.
Just Saying

York, PA

#7 Mar 26, 2011
Just how much more can the property be screwed by our PA Government? Rep. Seth Grove is a weasel in sheeps clothing as are most regardless of party affiliation.

They all lie and say what we want to hear just to get elected after which they bend over and take it up the poop hole just to fit in with the powers to be in Harrisburg or Washington D.C.

We the working class property owners need to take a stand, just like the Middle Eastern Countries and throw these [email protected] out of office....
Tired of All of the BS

York, PA

#8 Mar 26, 2011
4kids wrote:
Wow. I can't believe people would bash teenagers who feel passionate about something and try to make a point. You are the same people who complain teenagers are lazy and don't care about anything. Telling them to grow up? I think this shows they are growing up. Do they understand all the details about taxes and budgets? No- but let's educate them about it. Did you know that they also compiled a list of ways the school district could save money? Did the teachers explore a wage freeze?
Insinuating teachers actually put kids up to this is also ridiculous- like the kids can't make their own choices. Everyone is tense under these budget constraints (exacerbated by our governor's drastic cuts) but we should not be name calling and at each other's throats- reforms need to be investigated.
I'm tired of hearing "about the kids, for the kids" BS; I have NO KIDS, Never Did. I as a property owner have had enough. I for one am sick and tired of having my hard earned money stolen to support the kids. You breed them, you feed them. Do away with property taxes, institute a higher sales tax on everything to fund the schools, that way everybody pays, just not the property owner. It’s easy to support "the kids" when most on here do not even pay property taxes each year. In the end it's all about money, my money and I am broke......

IT’S TIME to Pass legislation to repeal property tax and replace with a higher state sales tax on all items, services and purchases to fund our school system. That way everybody pays from Welfare Recipient to Corporate President. NOW that’s Fair……
4kids

Toledo, OH

#9 Mar 26, 2011
Then direct your rantings to the PA government- not the kids. It's not their fault nor the teachers' fault that property taxes pay for schools.
Really

Spring Grove, PA

#10 Mar 26, 2011
I fully expect each and every one of these kids attendance records be fully investigated. If any of these kids hit their 3rd absence, papers better be served. Not only should trespass law be enforce, so should truancy. And anyone in administration hindering enforcement of PA law should be terminated immediately!
Really

Spring Grove, PA

#11 Mar 26, 2011
4kids wrote:
Then direct your rantings to the PA government- not the kids. It's not their fault nor the teachers' fault that property taxes pay for schools.
It IS the kids, teachers, administrations fault for wasting my dollars. Schools are made for education, not a pulpit or safe haven for protesting ones opinion.
4kids

Toledo, OH

#12 Mar 26, 2011
For your information, the kids decided NOT to have the sit in so none of your tax dollars will be used to investigate their absences.
I hope you never need any of these "snot nose brats" to take care of you in the hospital or in your old age- you don't deserve their compassion.
Kramer

York, PA

#13 Mar 26, 2011
4kids wrote:
For your information, the kids decided NOT to have the sit in so none of your tax dollars will be used to investigate their absences.
I hope you never need any of these "snot nose brats" to take care of you in the hospital or in your old age- you don't deserve their compassion.
I hope not either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Cumberland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gettysburg professor arrested for arranging sex... (Aug '14) Nov 29 Gettysburg Sausag... 37
News PA Turnpike considers going cashless (Jul '12) Nov 27 Craig 3
Donald Trump for President ... and here's Why... Nov 26 seal 3
Trump vs Clinton 2016 (The Issues) Nov '16 notclintoon 2
looking for W**d and other Pain relief Me des ? Nov '16 Hillary Sucks Vomit 2
cbs news on trump Oct '16 ker 5
Old Lemoyne video (May '16) May '16 Cindyk 1

New Cumberland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Cumberland Mortgages