VERPLANCK - A trailer park along the ...

VERPLANCK - A trailer park along the Hudson River will have t...

There are 15 comments on the Journal News story from Jul 27, 2006, titled VERPLANCK - A trailer park along the Hudson River will have t.... In it, Journal News reports that:

VERPLANCK - A trailer park along the Hudson River will have to close in a decade, now that the property owner who signed an unusual deal with the town of Cortlandt has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal News.

concerned resident

New Brunswick, NJ

#1 Sep 28, 2006
Save the Historic Sea Plane Base!
logan

Queens Village, NY

#2 Apr 22, 2008
ive lived in verplanck the entire 20 years in my life, though the sea plane base is historic it is also prime real estate and with the contract already signed i highly doubt the TOC is gonna give the opportunity up.
ACTUAL RESIDENT

Hackensack, NJ

#3 Apr 24, 2008
OMG, historic sea plane base ...LMAO?!?! You gotta be kidding, it's a trailer park and a freaking eye sore at that. I feel for the people who have to move but that land has been abused, polluted for over half a century. Concerned resident acts like Orville and Wilbur SXIT there!!
ACTUAL RESIDENT

Hackensack, NJ

#4 Apr 24, 2008
Now anybody who knows anything about Verplanck knows just down the road is a TRULY historic site. The legendary watering hole known as Scivvy's
ACTUAL RESIDENT

Manchester, CT

#5 Oct 28, 2008
(not of the Park but of the town)
If they just made sure trailor trash didn't live there, then they wouldn't have a problem... clean up the white trash of verplanck and keep the historic site beautiful like it should be!
Gary

United States

#6 Jan 14, 2009
Destroy the entire crappy town and put nice houses for non-dirt bags
Actual resident

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#7 Jan 15, 2009
Gary wrote:
Destroy the entire crappy town and put nice houses for non-dirt bags
MOST of Verplanck is great, there are a few rough spots, nothing compared to place FREAKING BROOKLYN?!?! You gotta be kidding me BRO!
LOIS -VERPLANCK

Montrose, NY

#9 Jan 27, 2009
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT,IF YOU LIVED HERE YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IS A VERY BEAUTIFUL TOWN WITH FRIENDLY AND GREAT PEOPLE WHO TAKE CARE OF THERE HOMES.
Momma mia

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jan 30, 2009
I thought so
Momma mia

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jan 30, 2009
in reality youre all stuck in suburbia and living in your polluted paradise, of the hudson valley. It was a nice area ..60 yrs ago..now its yonkers ..face it
ACTUAL RESIDENT

San Diego, CA

#12 Feb 2, 2009
Momma mia wrote:
in reality youre all stuck in suburbia and living in your polluted paradise, of the hudson valley. It was a nice area ..60 yrs ago..now its yonkers ..face it
If you knew anything Mia you'd know the Hudson is far less polluted now. 60yrs ago companies could dump anything into the river, and usually did. The town of Verplanck hasn't changed much, basically the same mix of middle, low middle class families. I don't know where you're coming from, I was born in Yonkers, grew up in Montrose. Trust me the difference is NIGHT and DAY!
momma mia

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Feb 3, 2009
Far less thanks to Pete...I belong to the clearwater sloop club since 1980. It still has 100 yrs to go before its safe. I wouldnt swim in it today or let my children eat the fish or crabs...or anyone for that matter. Industries still spill into that river ..barges still dump hazardous wastes
Trailer Trash

Stamford, CT

#14 Mar 28, 2011
I happen to live there so you morons are rude & a disgrace to human race. I make 90 grand a year & pay $150 a month in rent living right on the water. So as far as referring to me as Trailer Trash,..Really? Struggle with your mortages but the people of the Trailer Park have more dignity & a far less stressful life making them wonderful neighbors. My parents have a million dollar home in Cortland Manor so my blood still runs red regardless of my property. What a shame reading these posts. A damn shame! I wish you all lose your fortunes just so you can have compassion to those who suffer. I hope your children struggle or your hubands & wives that provide for you struggle. Rude heartless bastards.
MRP

Torrington, CT

#15 May 18, 2011
I agree with trailer trash. Nice post.
cara

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#16 Dec 9, 2012
ACTUAL RESIDENT wrote:
(not of the Park but of the town)
If they just made sure trailor trash didn't live there, then they wouldn't have a problem... clean up the white trash of verplanck and keep the historic site beautiful like it should be!
Umm excuse me, we are not all trailer trash down there get ur facts straight buddy. I live with my mother and my little brother, there are famlies here that are living comfortably.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Hudson North LLC (Nov '08) 13 hr nick mich 100
Review: Arlted Painters Inc Jul 18 Amy Fleming 1
Great job Buchanan, you just made the news. But... Jul 7 MSO4 1
Dr. Patel (Mar '13) Jul 4 SilverBelt 2
gofers .. bacon at 2am (Nov '14) Jul 4 SilverBelt 2
923 Second Street in "The good ol' days"! (Oct '13) Jul 4 MJones 4
News Rockland first in New York in child support enf... (Sep '07) Jul 1 Thomas Harvey 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New City Mortgages