Review: May's DO-Nuts
Standard Issue

New Castle, PA

#1 Jul 20, 2012
REVIEW: May's DO-Nuts

Last week, I stopped to purchase 2 doz. donuts for work about 6:30 a.m. There was a sign on the door saying they would be back in 25 min. Guess I was supposed to wait.

This Friday (today), they were actually open, but never got waited on. No one was there--I waited long enough & left.

These people have NO idea how to run a business. 2 weeks in a row--no donuts. I won't go back ever.
tooqt2bestr8

New Castle, PA

#2 Jul 21, 2012
The donuts are horrible!! Be glad you didn't get them. They are not the same as the original Mays on East Washington St. If you want really good donuts go to Pizza Joes in Union.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Jul 21, 2012
tooqt2bestr8 wrote:
The donuts are horrible!! Be glad you didn't get them. They are not the same as the original Mays on East Washington St. If you want really good donuts go to Pizza Joes in Union.
Good suggestion. Do you happpen to know what time they open? I usually get doughnuts for the office pretty early.
right here

New Castle, PA

#4 Jul 23, 2012
Disinterested Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Good suggestion. Do you happpen to know what time they open? I usually get doughnuts for the office pretty early.
Don't go there for doughnuts, they are so bad!!!! They not only taste bad but they look terrible, with extra glaze heaped on the sides!!! Giant Eagle has better doughnuts and you KNOW they are there, He has so many darn places around town and then they are only open a little while and then closed....no need to chase down nasty doughnuts.
right here

New Castle, PA

#5 Jul 23, 2012
PIZZA JOES IN UNION HAS GREAT DOUGHNUTS!! THEY OPEN EARLY LIKE AROUND 6AM THE LADIES THAT MAKE THEM ARE FROM THE "REAL MAYS DO-NUTS"!! AND YOU CAN TELL!!! GO CASEY!!!!

Location hidden

#6 Jul 23, 2012
Thanks for the info. We're going to give them a try.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 23, 2012
By the way, we've also had them from the bakery out on Harlansburg Rd. They were very good. Hours are something like 8:30-3:30 & I think they're closed on Sun. & Mon.
right here

New Castle, PA

#8 Jul 23, 2012
Disinterested Party wrote:
By the way, we've also had them from the bakery out on Harlansburg Rd. They were very good. Hours are something like 8:30-3:30 & I think they're closed on Sun. & Mon.
Thank you, I had forgotten about the one on Harlansburg Rd. they are a very good bakery also! I can't think of the name.....?

Location hidden

#9 Jul 23, 2012
You're welcome.

I think (just think) it's Country Corner Bakery.
Politically Incorrect

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Jul 29, 2012
I visited the Mays that they opened in the old Burger King, in Shenango Twp. I was abhored at the flie's in the place...ALL OVER EVERYTHING!! One person there, and she let me wait while she conversed with someone at the drive-thru. I'm soooooo diappointed in the new product that is being sold under the Mays name. It's a slap in the face.:(
kirk

Baltimore, MD

#11 Oct 14, 2013
I worked here, Michael burrelli on multiple times threw bugs in the dough. He asked me on multiple occassions to help him kill his father. I watched him stick semi rims on the road at night just to watch cars wreck. He was a terrible person..
Jim M

New Castle, PA

#12 Nov 13, 2013
The old May's Donuts were horrible. I haven't tasted the new ones.
Brand Zess

North Versailles, PA

#13 Oct 15, 2014
The current Mays donuts that had been established in 1941 is back with the ORIGINAL recipe. I am a current employee at May's Donuts who has personally given all of my customers my own money-back guaranteed policy and since April 15th of 2014, I have NEVER had to open my wallet.
To those who have had troubling experiences during the time the Burelli's held the Mays name, I urge you to come back and try it one more time.
DonutLover

New Castle, PA

#14 Oct 22, 2014
Brand Zess wrote:
The current Mays donuts that had been established in 1941 is back with the ORIGINAL recipe. I am a current employee at May's Donuts who has personally given all of my customers my own money-back guaranteed policy and since April 15th of 2014, I have NEVER had to open my wallet.
To those who have had troubling experiences during the time the Burelli's held the Mays name, I urge you to come back and try it one more time.
The donuts are great---I've purchased many times since the new store re-opened. I love that they're available by the half-dozen: perfect for our small group.

Keep up the good work!
Donut Detective

Braddock, PA

#15 Dec 18, 2014
Brand Zess, I'm confused that you say you work there and you have a North Versailles address. How is this so?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Castle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby lee miller (Jan '12) Jun 16 One-sided abby le... 26
old murder cases (Dec '09) Jun 10 pjefr 156
Mark lord Jun 9 Taytay 1
Need some good weed asap (Aug '14) May '15 Ace 3
God Riders mc (Jul '14) May '15 GRMC 4
Mike Oppeoak May '15 PittFan 1
Kadunce Murders from 1978 (Apr '11) May '15 Harry Kadunce 72
More from around the web

New Castle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE