Henry County Residents
just wondering

United States

#1 Jun 20, 2010
So, just wondering if there is anyone in Henry County who isn't a back-woods, redneck, hillbilly? I realize that I will probably get a lot of people on here to respond that they are proud to be from Henry County and/or proud to be a redneck, but I don't give a damn about those people. I seriously want to know if there is anyone who is NOT. Are you all just that way, or are there some of you who are relatively normal?
daddys little angel

Clarksville, TN

#2 Jun 21, 2010
define normal. lol
farm chick

United States

#3 Jan 23, 2011
Well i think we are all normal in henry county.....being country and farm work is mostly what you have here
New to town

United States

#4 May 25, 2011
Was talking to few people in that little resturant here in New Castle. Nice people there, this Cook guy was in there with his crippled wife, real nice man. I heard a few of them talking about this guy when he left, living here somewhere they say he dosen't take the local crappolas from the politicians. One man talking about him was a deputy, I don't think hes from here. I have thought about moving several times but my ex used to beat me. At least I feel safe here.
Reply to- just wondering

Louisville, KY

#5 May 25, 2011
No, we're not ALL rednecks. Some may say dome people here are simple, but there are some who actually have an education. This is an agricultural community, you'll see a lot of people out here who are "redneck"; and, yes, they are proud of it.
Reply to- just wondering

Louisville, KY

#6 May 25, 2011
*some
hcpeople

Akron, OH

#7 May 25, 2011
Most of us are all good people. Some more country then others. Some people farm, sell scrap metal, work in factories, and anything in-between. Don't judge us. Were all good people. Mr. Cook no comment on that subject though.
New to town

United States

#8 May 26, 2011
I went to the nursing home yesterday looking for a job. One of the ladies told me about a place to you can go to pick your own blueberrys? Does anyone know where that is?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#9 May 26, 2011
@ New to town They are on Hwy 55 going towards Cambellsburg on the right and I believe the blueberrys should be ready in about 2 weeks, don't know for sure. Cook is a good guy, They don't like him because he calls them out making them look like fools hes a smart guy! Lives out there off Sulphur Rd somewhere. The local judge and planning and zoning was ripping people off. Hes on facebook, has alot of good information. If he runs again I would be surprised, the election was fixed eveybody here knows it was, they don't talk about it they just go along with it. Its a nice place to live nice people,just be careful there are alot of people here that will smile in your face and stab you in the back.I have been here for years.
hcpeople

Akron, OH

#10 May 26, 2011
Poles weren't rigged. That's crazy to think. If cook followed the laws and didn't live in a camper more people might vote for him. He means well but talks a lot. Take a look at his place on Beasley lane. It could look better. There are places that look a lot worse but they are not trying to change the county.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 10, 2011
hcpeople we should all go over there on beasley lane with torches and burn him out! What the hell is that guy thinking? Running for anything there in Henry County? Everyone knows you have to be rich to do that, hows that guy supposed to buy an election living in a trailer thats stupid? Everybody there in Henry County knows how that works.I am glad I don't live there anymore. You said he means well? We should all go over there and drag him and his crippled wife and their skinny kids out of there and set them all on fire just for trying to help other people, what a horrable person. Hes trying to help people and as you say he means well? God damn we have to get rid of him quick he is going to ruin everything. Imagine what would happen if one of his kids grows up to marry someone from Henry County for starters it would ruin the gene pool. I told him when he first bought property there sell it and move away that county will try to get their arm in his pocket.We all know all about what goes on just nobody will say.Old game of shoot the messinger he stood up against them and other people are telling you all hate him for it and you all will because thats what your told to do. When I lived there I cannot think of anybody that would stand up to them just rub your bellys and pat you on the head and tell you your a good boy my grandpa told me stories about the old family money and how they got it and they say slavery is dead?
Chex Mix

New Albany, IN

#12 Jun 10, 2011
wondering, new to town, 4whatsright....

you make me laugh so hard I can hardly catch my breath! Please stop...it's like perverse torture.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 11, 2011
Azzwhol,Chex mex,Hcpeople whoever you are today we should all meet and go over there on beasley lane with torches and burn him out! What the hell is that guy thinking? Running for anything there in that county. Everyone knows you have to be rich to do that, hows that guy supposed to buy an election living in a trailer thats stupid? Everybody there in that po dunk county knows how that works. I am glad I don't live there anymore. You said he means well? You all should all go over there show everybody you mean business and drag him and his wife and their kids out of there and set them all on fire just for trying to help other people, what a horrable person. Hes trying to help people and as you say he means well? God damn Bob Cook we have to get rid of him quick he is going to ruin everything.You all should be ashamed!
hcpeople

Akron, OH

#14 Jun 16, 2011
Forwhatsright. Your the one cussing him. I didn't got that far!. I
Just thought if you moved someplace you would follow the laws and not live in an rv. How can some one run a county when they can't run their own life. EX: have your own house to put your kids in? Accidents happen to everyone and i wish the best for his wife but people can come out of a slump. We don't want the whole county to look like his place with shit piled every where.the county needs some one to clean up things around here. I wasn't being mean to him. He is nice and all but i don't think he is judge excutive material. Just an opinion.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 17, 2011
What the hell difference does it make? So what the guy owns all his property cannot accuse him of squating on it he pays his taxes just like everyone else? Your right we need someone rich for judge executive not some poor bastard like cook that knows how things work,hes got a good heart and he has stood up to these crooks. Nobody in that county has ever done that this tells me he has heart and integrity. He has several people there wanting him in there. I was at his place several weeks ago building material, Concrete blocks,farming equipment, weeds just like anyother place no big deal. I am sure that man wishes all he had to worry about is what you think LMAO! You don't like what you see take a good old cup of look the other way and don't mind the mans business. I don't know what all is going on in that mans life but I do know its none of my business either nor anyone elses. I do know that SOB helps people in that county and instead of thanking him and understanding your condeming him for it.I know if it was me what I would tell you go screw yourself!
hcpeople

Akron, OH

#16 Jun 17, 2011
ForWhatsRight wrote:
What the hell difference does it make? So what the guy owns all his property cannot accuse him of squating on it he pays his taxes just like everyone else? Your right we need someone rich for judge executive not some poor bastard like cook that knows how things work,hes got a good heart and he has stood up to these crooks. Nobody in that county has ever done that this tells me he has heart and integrity. He has several people there wanting him in there. I was at his place several weeks ago building material, Concrete blocks,farming equipment, weeds just like anyother place no big deal. I am sure that man wishes all he had to worry about is what you think LMAO! You don't like what you see take a good old cup of look the other way and don't mind the mans business. I don't know what all is going on in that mans life but I do know its none of my business either nor anyone elses. I do know that SOB helps people in that county and instead of thanking him and understanding your condeming him for it.I know if it was me what I would tell you go screw yourself!
Well your right maybe if he is right for the spot he will get more votes next time. We will just have to wait and see how the county votes. Oh wait it's rigged. Now that's funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Castle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rape? 1 hr on the look out 1
eminnence police always staying in versailles ky (Nov '09) 3 hr Lalalalala 19
Todd Pollack (Aug '14) 19 hr cracking up 14
Brandy kopp 22 hr Crystal 14
Prostitution at Nas Sat Chuck 1
Looking for a guy named Davin Fri CuriousMellissa 1
Best looking people from Trimble County? (Sep '11) Fri Mindyaown 17

New Castle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance