Horrible wreck on 3
crazydar

Anderson, IN

#41 Jul 21, 2011
JanBen wrote:
<quoted text>Her name is Sammie McBride and is a very nice lady whom I heard went in to diabetic shock and that is why she hit Stacy and Jason
A call was put into the police 3 minutes before the crash. If she knew she was in trouble then she should have stopped and called for help. All this could have been avoided. I know many people who knew the young couple who passed away. I personally did not but knowing people around me did makes me very sad. Their young son growing up without his parents also makes me very sad. I hope police find out what truely happened and somehow lets people have peace. If there was a way to prevent this then I hope the police find a way to prevent this in the future. Prayers go out to everyone involved and everyone affected by this tragedy.
Oral Sexton

Nitro, WV

#42 Jul 21, 2011
There are some things that are beyond anyone's control. passing out behind the wheel, for example. The technology exists to stop an out of control car using On Star type technology in some cases, but unfortunately there will always be risks on the road. Drive safe, and good luck.
crazydar

Anderson, IN

#44 Jul 21, 2011
Oral Sexton wrote:
There are some things that are beyond anyone's control. passing out behind the wheel, for example. The technology exists to stop an out of control car using On Star type technology in some cases, but unfortunately there will always be risks on the road. Drive safe, and good luck.
If she was passed out for example then she would not have made it from one side of town to the other. Most of the time people believe that they can handle situations but can not and in turn put people in danger. I just wish more people would think about others when they make these decisions.
know better

Knightstown, IN

#45 Jul 21, 2011
lbj wrote:
the only way she is not guilty is if she died while driving and her foot stuck on the gas pedal. Other than that, anytime you rear end someone, you are the guilty party.
You are WRONG!! Years ago my daughter rear ended a car at that same intersection. Why?She was having a diabetic reaction. She clocked out of work and left and did not know anything about it till she woke up in the ambulance.Luckily she or no one else was seriously injured.So things do happen that does not always make you guilty.
Sadday

United States

#46 Jul 21, 2011
Either way we should pray for the family that were involved and be thankful that it was not one of us. I have a very heavy heart for those that were involved and pray that their little boy grows up with good memories of his parents. We as a community need to be more careful on how we drive and be aware of those around us because some day that could be one of us behind that wheel.
jerryc

Harrodsburg, KY

#47 Jul 21, 2011
I WAS A POLICE OFFICER IN 1969-73 AND ALMOST GOT KILLED THIS SAME INTERSECTION-THE DRIVE WAY FROM THE THEN RESTAURANT COMES OUT ALMOST IN THE LIGHT CROSSING-TRIED TO GET THEM TO CHANGE IT BACK THEN-WOULDN'T LISTEN-bUTCH B WAS I THINK A NCPD OFFICER THEN ALSO OR SHORTLY THEREAFTER-NIGHT TIME RAINING
Lisa Jones

New Castle, IN

#48 Jul 21, 2011
Wow, I don't think Layla meant any harm regardless.

We don't know what might have happened with the other driver, so let's not jump to conclusions.

Lastly, Many prayers to the family and friends of these two people. Such a tragic loss.
melmirli

New Castle, IN

#49 Jul 21, 2011
My daughter attends NCMS and she is devastated, She really got to know Mrs Sweigart due to her dislike of gym class,as did I (due to her dislike of gym class), She was a wonderful person and very good with our children, It was a pleasure and an honor to have known her for the brief time we did, This is a true tragedy
Doubtful

Rockwall, TX

#50 Jul 22, 2011
Lisa Jones wrote:
Wow, I don't think Layla meant any harm regardless.

We don't know what might have happened with the other driver, so let's not jump to conclusions.

Lastly, Many prayers to the family and friends of these two people. Such a tragic loss.
Look at all of her comments, and seriously consider her intentions. They go from interest,(first comment) to "I'm smarter than y'all,(naming names, and she was wrong)
Finally, when she was called out, she demonstrated childlike behavior.
She seems to be a pathetic wannabe know-it-all, without regard for victims family feelings.
Gary

Indianapolis, IN

#51 Jul 22, 2011
I heard the old lady was high on crack.
Steve

Glendale Heights, IL

#52 Jul 22, 2011
Gary wrote:
wow!!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#53 Jul 22, 2011
Gary wrote:
I know this lady and doubt that she knows what crack is. Anyone that knows her would be disgusted by this accusation.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#54 Jul 22, 2011
rare voice wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this lady and doubt that she knows what crack is. Anyone that knows her would be disgusted by this accusation.
I don't believe you people know what a forum troll is. As much insight that Gary brings to these forums he is still a troll.

I passed by the wreck site today. The flowers & cross reminded me how lucky I was to have my family with me. That I would get to drive back home and see them. This family will never be whole again. They will never get to go back home. Pray for them. Do something to help them with their grief.

Don't toss out accusations against the driver till you know her situation. This thread has proven that it is filled with trolls, uneducated guess, and people who may genuinely care. But, it is not filled with good info. Let's all stop being busy bodies and wait for it to come out.

I don't even know them and my heart hurts every time I think of their child.
Lisa Jones

New Castle, IN

#55 Jul 22, 2011
Doubtful wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at all of her comments, and seriously consider her intentions. They go from interest,(first comment) to "I'm smarter than y'all,(naming names, and she was wrong)
Finally, when she was called out, she demonstrated childlike behavior.
She seems to be a pathetic wannabe know-it-all, without regard for victims family feelings.
I still don't think her/his original intent was to be rude or insensitive etc.. I think after being blasted she/he was defensive. It doesn't matter either way.. continued prayers for their families.

This is why I wish people would sign their real names when they choose to say something. I do.
Wow

Rockford, IL

#56 Jul 22, 2011
You people make me sick posting your rumors. PEOPLE DIED, A CHILD LOST BOTH OF HIS PARENTS, AND PARENTS LOST THEIR CHILDREN. STOP POSTING RUMORS IT IS JUST WRONG!!!!
gotoutwhileicoul d

Fishers, IN

#57 Jul 26, 2011
This thread is a great example of new castle at its finest. It went from a supposing grieving, informative, respectful thread to a "im right, your wrong" thread. None of you are better than the next. Everyone speaks without thinking and everyone thinks their constantly in the right. Get over yourselves. So glad I got out of that town while I could. Prayers for the fam, but you bickering feeble minded baboons are ridiculous.
elle

Harwood Heights, IL

#58 Jul 27, 2011
gotoutwhileicould wrote:
This thread is a great example of new castle at its finest. It went from a supposing grieving, informative, respectful thread to a "im right, your wrong" thread. None of you are better than the next. Everyone speaks without thinking and everyone thinks their constantly in the right. Get over yourselves. So glad I got out of that town while I could. Prayers for the fam, but you bickering feeble minded baboons are ridiculous.
Got out "while you could?" Was there something that would have kept you here?
chinked

United States

#59 Jul 27, 2011
gotoutwhileicould wrote:
Well you can take the girl out of NewTucky, but you can't take the NewTucky out of the girl. I assume you are female because females are more judgemental and bossy than men. You got on here preaching about respect and then you end your statement with insults. LOL, I guess it's OK for you to do because you moved away. It doesn't matter where anyone lives, the location doesn't make the person. I know many intelligent, respectful and tactful people who have lived in New Castle their entire lives. Granted, they do not grace the pages of topix often, but they do exist. I love how people move out of New Castle and think they really made something of themselves and are super insightful all of a sudden.
Bill

Benton Harbor, MI

#60 Jul 27, 2011
melmirli wrote:
My daughter attends NCMS and she is devastated, She really got to know Mrs Sweigart due to her dislike of gym class,as did I (due to her dislike of gym class), She was a wonderful person and very good with our children, It was a pleasure and an honor to have known her for the brief time we did, This is a true tragedy
Is your Daughter a big fat girl?
elle

Harwood Heights, IL

#61 Jul 27, 2011
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Is your Daughter a big fat girl?
haha Bill's cruisin for young girls, and he likes 'em big!!:-D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Castle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
children 2 min Help 23
Justin Gibson 1 hr Shelby Lowe 7
I WON 3 million ON A SCRATCH off today 1 hr Brandhung 44
Nasty 2 hr Dumb ppl 17
Julian Garner 2 hr Not telling you 9
Stacks connersville 4 hr Lmfao 9
Heather Taylor 5 hr Fake G 26

New Castle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance