I NEED help remembering some details...

I NEED help remembering some details in NEW CASTLE

Posted in the New Castle Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
judy

Lexington, KY

#1 Jun 16, 2009
there was a murder on 18th street at an apartment building many years ago- like in the laste 80's or early 90's.... it was a guy named Junior I think... this could have been a nick name. Does anyone have info for me please?
smarteatsstupid

Joliet, IL

#2 Jun 16, 2009
I dont remember one on 18th but I do remember 1 in the old bradway building in the early early 90s
yunoit

United States

#3 Jun 16, 2009
I remember this and I believe his last name was Crandall,two young men were accused of this but later released because they figured out some other guy from New Castle had done it and also had killed a guy in Indy at a car lot ,when he was arested for that murder he admitted doing the one at the apt building,The only reason I remember it so well is because my little brother lived close by the apt and he was questioned about it .
raj rottencrotch

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jun 16, 2009
There was also a lawsuit over this case that was won by a local man who was forced to confess. He had a mental handicapp and the NCPD bullied him into a confession.
BTW that murder put a big dent in the local drug trade at the time.
smarteatsstupid

Joliet, IL

#5 Jun 16, 2009
ow, i remember that just not where the murder happened!
DAYTONA

Grand Forks, ND

#6 Jun 16, 2009
judy wrote:
there was a murder on 18th street at an apartment building many years ago- like in the laste 80's or early 90's.... it was a guy named Junior I think... this could have been a nick name. Does anyone have info for me please?
Wayne Crandall was killed in the late 1970's I think...the "Wolfman" was convicted along with another guy the best I remember, "Wolfman" has passed away since being released...

...a guy named Freddie Brinson was murdered n his apartment on 14th street in the mid eighties...don't remember any details, some of my employees were friends of his at the time
Raj Rotenkrotsch

Windfall, IN

#7 Jun 16, 2009
raj rottencrotch wrote:
There was also a lawsuit over this case that was won by a local man who was forced to confess. He had a mental handicapp and the NCPD bullied him into a confession.
BTW that murder put a big dent in the local drug trade at the time.
You can rest assured I have taken note of this act of hooliganism.
appropriate action will be taken.
Building

Moorestown, NJ

#8 Jun 16, 2009
Crandall was killed in the mid 80's...Ralph Jacobs and Christopher Smith (i believe) were falsely accused of his murder. A Jerry Thompson was later convicted after another murder and his confession in Indy. If memory serves me correctly this occured in either 82 or 84.
raj rottencrotch

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jun 16, 2009
Raj Rotenkrotsch wrote:
<quoted text>
You can rest assured I have taken note of this act of hooliganism.
appropriate action will be taken.
WTF are you talking about?
Really

Anderson, IN

#10 Jun 16, 2009
Wolfman was acquitted of those charges and won a lawsuit for having been wrongfully arrested and accused, unless I am badly mistaken. It is true that he is now deceased.

MFU

Since: Apr 09

Warsaw, IN

#11 Jun 16, 2009
Jerry Thompson was then murdered in prison.
Monk

Windfall, IN

#12 Jun 16, 2009
raj rottencrotch wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about?
You have a very strange sense of humor.
AMY

Lexington, KY

#13 Jun 17, 2009
yunoit wrote:
I remember this and I believe his last name was Crandall,two young men were accused of this but later released because they figured out some other guy from New Castle had done it and also had killed a guy in Indy at a car lot ,when he was arested for that murder he admitted doing the one at the apt building,The only reason I remember it so well is because my little brother lived close by the apt and he was questioned about it .
YOU ARE RIGHT IT WAS CRANDAL!!!! I lived at the apartment building -i was little... and moved before this happened... Did you know a Tony Shelton by any chance?
AMY

Lexington, KY

#14 Jun 17, 2009
OK ok.... so I lived in that apartment building in... hmmm... 88-89... there was a "Junior" that ran this place- lived downstairs... had a live in girl friend that I cant remember her name either... and a MIKE - married to a lady known as "Bones" that had a son Zack and i cant remember these last names either.... BUT when i left in 89- that guy was still alive. I was 7. He died in like 90 or 91 i am thinking... he had pit bulls all around the back of apartment with a big fence... and i think he was murdered with a gun and a pillow i think i heard. Are you remembering the same way? What was HIS real name?
I appreciate your help
neighbor

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jun 17, 2009
AMY wrote:
OK ok.... so I lived in that apartment building in... hmmm... 88-89... there was a "Junior" that ran this place- lived downstairs... had a live in girl friend that I cant remember her name either... and a MIKE - married to a lady known as "Bones" that had a son Zack and i cant remember these last names either.... BUT when i left in 89- that guy was still alive. I was 7. He died in like 90 or 91 i am thinking... he had pit bulls all around the back of apartment with a big fence... and i think he was murdered with a gun and a pillow i think i heard. Are you remembering the same way? What was HIS real name?
I appreciate your help
Wesley Wayne Crandall Jr. raised on So. 21 st. In NC had a brother Chuck(Charles) killed in Nam and sisters Judy and Venita
Mother Lucy Father Wayne ran Wayne's Grill at 15 th and Broad
yunoit

United States

#16 Jun 17, 2009
AMY wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE RIGHT IT WAS CRANDAL!!!! I lived at the apartment building -i was little... and moved before this happened... Did you know a Tony Shelton by any chance?
Sorry Amy ,I dont know Tony Shelton I knew a Sue,Mike and Eddie with that last name,I remember bones her first name was Patty she was my little sis age ,very skinny little blonde but I cant remember her last name she had some sisters is all I can remember
AMY

Lexington, KY

#17 Jun 18, 2009
yunoit, I thank you so much for that! Was the bones that you knew older? About how old do you think they are?
yunoit

United States

#18 Jun 18, 2009
AMY wrote:
yunoit, I thank you so much for that! Was the bones that you knew older? About how old do you think they are?
I would guess her to be in her early forties,I was never good with ages but I think my sis is around 45 and I remember them hanging out some I just thought of her last name before married was Wright ,hope this helps
AMY

Lexington, KY

#19 Jun 19, 2009
Did she marry a man named mike and have a son named zack?
yunoit

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jun 19, 2009
AMY wrote:
Did she marry a man named mike and have a son named zack?
You know I am not really sure if she married and had a child ,but she's the only person in New Castle that I know that has a nickname bones and I know alot of people arond here,I do remember she lived just off sping street when she was a child I think that would be north 20th st ,I do remember also she had a older sis that was married to a guy with the last name moore ,I cant for the life of me rem her name but it was odd and she was very pretty long blonde hair ,tall girl ,maybe it will come to me later lol ,hope this is helping you,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Castle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
15000 Russians on their way here! (Jun '13) 12 min Google it 5
New castle 18 min Haylee 9
Large Black jaguar/panther Cat sighting (Feb '11) 3 hr Be easy 48
Shelby Stewart 11 hr Observation 1
my view Aug 27 Rudepeople 8
Foam rubber Aug 26 curious 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Aug 3 IMHO 93

New Castle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Castle Mortgages