Man charges in grain wagon crash that killed 2

Full story: Fort Wayne News Sentinel

An eastern Indiana man faces reckless homicide charges in the deaths of two motorists killed when their car rear-ended a grain wagon that lacked working tail lights.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Feb 19, 2010
Jail Him

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2006

Don't Send Him Home For the Holidays!Do Not Deport! This, Illegal killed two citizens. He had No drivers license. The residents had no time to stop.

Reyes(if that is his real name)should face felony charges and every other charge available or he will get a free ride home for the holidays if deported. Then without a felony record he is free to return to our country under another name because he won't be in the data base. We have to stop giving free rides (REWARD plan) to these criminals. It is costing lives!

Hats off to the judge that had him held over, to the Fort Wayne News Sentinel, AP for printing the FACTS! This country needs more facts in the news.
Bonnie

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

this was my uncle...and his wife's mother
Intersect

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Crane turned him loose. Something about paperwork not being done in time. Doesn't he do the paperwork?
Just sayin

New Castle, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

I have to wonder why it is that us everyday citizens have to produce a birth certificate,ect to renew our DL? And this kind of crapp goes on.
It reminds me of the little old lady being stopped and searched at the airports.
There is a lot of time and money being spent on harassing everyday Americans while the real offenders slip through.
And it's STOOPID!
Just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Most people know to watch for farm equipment on rural roadways-most farm equipment have only triangle signs on back-it is a sad story-but you should be in control of your vehicle-maybe they were going to fast to stop-obviously-still sad story. Makin the guy go to jail won't bring them back.
Bonnie Duvall

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Just me wrote:
Most people know to watch for farm equipment on rural roadways-most farm equipment have only triangle signs on back-it is a sad story-but you should be in control of your vehicle-maybe they were going to fast to stop-obviously-still sad story. Makin the guy go to jail won't bring them back.
there was no triangle signs on it....
just saying

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

Sorry for the loss. Tragic but maybe the owner of the equipment should have put the triangles or lights on where they were needed. Sounds like his responsibility. If this was some white farmer there wouldn't be someone demanding felony and every other charge. Put yourself in this person's shoes. He was doing a job to support himself, and most likely a family. He didn't intentionally do it. It could happen to anyone.
Bonnie Duvall

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

just saying wrote:
Sorry for the loss. Tragic but maybe the owner of the equipment should have put the triangles or lights on where they were needed. Sounds like his responsibility. If this was some white farmer there wouldn't be someone demanding felony and every other charge. Put yourself in this person's shoes. He was doing a job to support himself, and most likely a family. He didn't intentionally do it. It could happen to anyone.
ok put yourself in my shoes i lost my dad his older sister and then his little brother in 3 years 1 every year..this is my family he was like 39 when he died because people are too stupid to put their farm equiptment up........
Bonnie Duvall

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

and the thing about if he was a white guy is a bunch of B.S.
Just me

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Take things one day at a time-hopefully eventually you can forgive him-Prayer will help.
We all have dark times in life-I won't air mine here-its all a spiritual journey. I hope you find peace Bonnie and hope through your dark time.
Mooreland truck driver

Grantville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

I dont know all the details,but from what I have gathered the vehicle was not properly marked,triangles-lites-flasher s-etc,if that is the case the driver and owner of the vehicle should be held responsible (CATCH:farmers have different rules under the law,thats not fair)if the driver didnt even have a license then both him and the trk owner should go to jail,by federal law the owner must check out and insure the driver....the victims family deserve at least that.But welcome to Henry county if the farmer is connected(money&politics)n othing will happen
Bonnie Duvall

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

yeah thats the truth i really hate this town...but im really over all of it...he is in a better place and im glad it was quick he could have went in a way worse way...thats how i think of it!
showmom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Just me wrote:
Just wondering why you felt the need to bring this up again?
Sapiens

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

showmom wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering why you felt the need to bring this up again?

It was never closed. Crane let the man go. Paperwork?? Really?
Hiway manslaughter. Crane also took over a year to bring a Meth Lab gang to trial. He turned them loose. "Untimely Prosecution".
One of the gang was his former baby sitter. She was also never arrested for a second meth lab operation.
albert

Brazil, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

I had an incident similar to yours, I was involved in a wreck a couple of years ago in Indy. the driver sped though a red light and hit me. Not my fault the cops took our information and had our cars towed. I later found out the driver was an illegal, false license, no known address. The police told me they could not do anything. Seems this is very commom on the west side of Indy. He probaly has a new id by now and still in the country. Thank god I had insurance that covered me. Anyway it may not be incompitence on the police part, it may be that he is long gone and they have no way to track him. The farmer that owns the equiptment should be held accountable for hiring him and not maintaning his equipment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the New Castle Forum right now

Search the New Castle Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom nipp for mayor 16 min Alice in wonderland 19
New NCFD rule of engagement 32 min The facts 27
80 and busted? 1 hr correction 41
gay bar coming 1 hr noway 1
nc finest 1 hr ldawg 4
Woman charged in bar fracas 1 hr fact 1
Michael Politt 3 hr Sicofidiotsdrama 22
•••
•••