Virtual Romance Leads to Real-Life Ki...

Virtual Romance Leads to Real-Life Kidnapping

There are 36 comments on the technologyexpert.blogspot.com story from Aug 26, 2008, titled Virtual Romance Leads to Real-Life Kidnapping. In it, technologyexpert.blogspot.com reports that:

A romance between two "residents" of the virtual world Second Life has led to an attempted real-life kidnapping.

Kimberly Jernigan, 33, of North Carolina, distraught (to say the least) over the failure of her virtual romance with an unnamed 52-year-old male from Claymont, Delaware, was arrested after attempting to kidnap him. This was actually her second attempt in the past few weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at technologyexpert.blogspot.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I hope life isn't a joke”

Since: May 08

land of enchantment

#1 Aug 26, 2008
What a whack job!!!

“hot sexy mama!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn Baby!!!

#2 Aug 26, 2008
Desperate Much! WOW it's too much D*ck out here for that. low self esteem. dag!!
Nyler-FC 0989 3941 8366

Lititz, PA

#3 Aug 26, 2008
Should'a had'a V8!

*smack*

Since: Jun 08

Mindoro, WI

#4 Aug 26, 2008
Anyone who spends that much time on virtual computer games usually can't hack it in real life.
This guy must've been an oober geek.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#5 Aug 26, 2008
Jeep Girl22 wrote:
Anyone who spends that much time on virtual computer games usually can't hack it in real life.
This guy must've been an oober geek.
Guy? It was the girl who did the kidnapping. Why she would kidnap some guy that old is beyond me.

“It's all about attitutde”

Since: Mar 08

Newnan, GA

#6 Aug 26, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Guy? It was the girl who did the kidnapping. Why she would kidnap some guy that old is beyond me.
He's 52 dammit. That AINT old!
damn young whippersnappers these days dont know their asses from the calenders.....

“It's all about attitutde”

Since: Mar 08

Newnan, GA

#7 Aug 26, 2008
Sandeedee wrote:
What a whack job!!!
now if this took place in Canada.....naw, I wont go there, LOLOL

“Happily Married To The Best”

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, Ca

#8 Aug 26, 2008
LOL yea I've known a few people who live in cyber land and its really sad to watch. They need to forn a group for people like that so we can re-introduce them to live action society.

“Well? ARE you?”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Aug 26, 2008
JazzKeyz wrote:
<quoted text>now if this took place in Canada.....naw, I wont go there, LOLOL
LOL!!!

Since: May 08

United States

#10 Aug 26, 2008
SL can mess with your mind.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#11 Aug 26, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Guy? It was the girl who did the kidnapping. Why she would kidnap some guy that old is beyond me.
i will tell you from experience, if i didnt have my hubby,, those younguns, wouldnt even turn my head,,, give me an older fellow who has been around, knows what makes a girl feel good,,, right down to conversation,,, and compliments,,, been there done that,,, a little gray and a few lines, just tell me,,,, im going to have a nice time.....and it will take awhile....

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#12 Aug 26, 2008
GeorgiaQueen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
GEORGIA!!!!!!! take pedro out of the box, and give him back to JG!!!!!!!!!! geezee,,,,,,,,,

“I am listening.......”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#13 Aug 26, 2008
I can totally understand this......it's the reason no one must know where I am.....Paranoia. lol

What's the deal with saying the guy was old? Not old! Really!

“I am listening.......”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#14 Aug 26, 2008
reebie wrote:
<quoted text> i will tell you from experience, if i didnt have my hubby,, those younguns, wouldnt even turn my head,,, give me an older fellow who has been around, knows what makes a girl feel good,,, right down to conversation,,, and compliments,,, been there done that,,, a little gray and a few lines, just tell me,,,, im going to have a nice time.....and it will take awhile....
If you want a tomato, you don't want to start with the seeds.:)

Besides what is better than graying hair on a man? Well, for starters is it a nice thing. lol
The Baron

Downers Grove, IL

#15 Aug 26, 2008
Just for a second, I thought it was Harley-Honey kidnapping her neighbor

“I hope life isn't a joke”

Since: May 08

land of enchantment

#16 Aug 26, 2008
JazzKeyz wrote:
<quoted text>now if this took place in Canada.....naw, I wont go there, LOLOL
.... then we wouldn't be surprised.... ha, ha,
Snidely Whiplash

Harvey, IL

#17 Aug 26, 2008
If these people had a decent first (REAL) life, they wouldn't need a second one. Nya-uhh-ahh!

“Out in the West Texas”

Since: Mar 08

town of El Paso

#18 Aug 26, 2008
Ok, I know all you Topix chicks lust for me. Just remember -- I am always carrying a .40 caliber semi-auto. So watch it!
BC in Chicago

Bartlett, IL

#19 Aug 26, 2008
The Baron wrote:
Just for a second, I thought it was Harley-Honey kidnapping her neighbor
In that case, it would be a fiftyish female trying to kidnap a young guy, LOL.

“cougar w/sharp claws”

Since: Mar 08

The kitten, NOT ME!!!!

#20 Aug 26, 2008
Why love someone that doesn't love you? Maybe she just needed money and was gonna hold him for cyber ransom?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Castle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bear Music Selection (Sep '12) Nov 21 Musikologist 15
News Ricky Spencer headed home to Delaware follo... (Mar '12) Nov 20 Heyyou 16
rena graybeal (Mar '12) Nov '17 Jay 7
organ harvesting Sep '17 coco4u 1
News Jo-Ann Fabrics shifts into Chapter 7 liquidation (Nov '07) Sep '17 nini 32
News Delorean Solstice Plans Cancelled (Jun '10) Sep '17 Glc 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Delaware (... (Nov '10) Jul '17 Support Phartss 5

New Castle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Castle Mortgages