Drifter

Ogden, UT

#1 Jul 1, 2015
I have traveled many miles and met many folks. Fate, in the form of a vehicle problem, had me stay in New Castle 1 day longer than planned. It turned out to be a treat. A harrowing day began to brighten when Mary at the Conoco directed me to Mike Rieger to solve my engine problems. If you find a more professional, reliable and reasonable mechanic anywhere, tell everybody. I got to visit your library and happened inside at the end of that day's (Thursday, June 24) Summer Reading Program session. It speaks well for a town that nurtures its young, and the same bodes well for the future. Then it was on to the Black Dog. Shannon is as personable and friendly a bartender as I have ever met, and I have met more than a few. The folks at the Econo-Lodge, whose name I can neither spell nor pronounce, were efficient and attentive to an unshaven, unkempt wretch in tattered T-shirt and jeans. Lastly, Janna at the grocery met the same scruffy traveler and served him with a smile. My trip from Florida to Washington had many highlights. None of them brighter than the day I spent with you. Thank you, New Castle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Castle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carbondale resident convicted of embezzlement (Nov '17) Apr '18 COMamma 4
Debate: Health Care - New Castle, CO (Dec '14) Jan '15 Bruser 2
looking for nephew and niece (Oct '12) Oct '12 Mary ann 1
News Garfield County Sheriff's Report (Apr '12) Apr '12 Angela Woliver 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Colorado (... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Mimi 8
Election Who do you support for State House in Colorado ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Keith 2
News Around Aspen (Aug '10) Sep '10 Mark 2

New Castle Jobs

Personal Finance

New Castle Mortgages