Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,514

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
the bankrupt kohls

Girard, OH

#26139 Jul 28, 2013
John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
ridicule ? Where do you get that idea from ? I am encouraging KELLY, as I am a supporter of her.
do you think her personal bankruptcy was responsible? do you think she did a good job of 'managing her family of 7' by taking out mortgages that exceeded the value of her home? then walking away-stripping the home of value and affecting neighbors? does being underwater mean its not your fault? should we all do the same and use her as our inspiration to model behaviors after? is this the kohls you support john? can you explain why?
Joe Wurzelbacher

Meriden, CT

#26140 Jul 28, 2013
Poor Leo. arris on - his Ejaculatory Anhedonia may be caused by his habitual crack cocaine usage.
hypocrites

Girard, OH

#26141 Jul 28, 2013
the bankrupt kohls wrote:
<quoted text>
do you think her personal bankruptcy was responsible? do you think she did a good job of 'managing her family of 7' by taking out mortgages that exceeded the value of her home? then walking away-stripping the home of value and affecting neighbors? does being underwater mean its not your fault? should we all do the same and use her as our inspiration to model behaviors after? is this the kohls you support john? can you explain why?
You seem to be enjoying going after Kohls personal business vs. Petroni and Riganos. Oh I get it! Election Day must be drawing closer!

Hopocrites such as yourself are quick to lambash Kohls. But you conveniently turn a blind eye when your hero Craig Colston went through bankruptcy.
Joe Wurzelbacher

Meriden, CT

#26142 Jul 28, 2013
You people cry so much... There are real problems in this world, Leon Harrison is just a small disease.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26143 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Truth is despite all you claim, our budgets are balanced for the next four or five years.

Despite the claims from the union that $30-$45,000,000 in new money was required or we faced certain financial ruin which this community defeated over a two year period, levy alternatives allowed us to accomplish the balanced budget by ordering our finances and triaging our spending.

So whatever transpire in her personal life, in her public life we all benefitted by her presence.

In a second term I would look for the advancement of actual learning and academic accomplishment over the euphemistic education that the state defines as good enough.

Those that promote the euphemistic state standard PROFICIENT know full well that they are promoting FAILURE.
dont run with scissors

Girard, OH

#26144 Jul 28, 2013
Kelly Kohls wrote:
Hey gang, just wanted to check in and say thank you to all the Children First supporters who work tirelessly to ridicule those who disagree with us. You guys are inspirational. When I am taking heat during the board meetings it is so refreshing to think of the army of people I have pushing my agenda for me!
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about November, Malone is a powerful guy and I know we've pushed the edge a little. I know Doug will be helping me every step of the way but we've shaken the tree. I just hope we can hold on!
A few on here keep bringing up my bankruptcy...well let me tell you something. I am the victim!! I tried to pay the bills for all my things but I just couldn't. At some point I had to decide what the responsible thing to do would be, and it seemed the only option was to just walk away from it. It takes some time to build credit back, but I've already got some plastic with a good credit limit so we'll see how it works next time.
Stay the course -- remember we need to keep pushing forward on creationism, we need to make sure our schools are safe by making all teachers and staff carry a gun and/or baton, and we want all of our schools to be charter schools. Most of all, we've got to get rid of this union quickly. They're such a pain in my side and a cramp to my style. The SEA people seem to think we always have to play by the contract rules.
Keep up the good work my minions!
Semper Tea!
Kelly
Our bimonthy boardroom contingent of entitled educators as well as their hissyfit housewife disciples may in fact attain a degree of satisfaction in that they can make up for the dreaded 15% rollback.
All they've got to do is convince students, parents and other community members to cut out, collect and turn in to our school district 15 MILLION "Box Tops for Education"........ per year.
Not A Chance

Piqua, OH

#26145 Jul 28, 2013
John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
ridicule ? Where do you get that idea from ? I am encouraging KELLY, as I am a supporter of her.
Mr. Parise, the slimy snakes of the SEA kind has taught Springboro citizens that we cannot believe "everything we see in print" and we cannot trust anything that the SEA slimy snakes put into print in the liberal DDN newspapers, nor on this blog.
Now I have observed and learned from the good leadership of Kelly Kohls for several years, since she was elected in November 2009 as school board representative, and I can recognize that this post is know Kelly Kohls style of leadership, and there's not a chance that OUR school board president posted that Kelly Kohls' message to her supporters.
Obviously, the post your are "supporting" is another mean-spirited attempt of the boro maney-acts to ridicule the school board president with the false accusation that she is trying to teach creationism in our public schools, and that is just another maloney-baloney lie about Kelly Kohls, that is typical of the lying tongue of Ron Malone and his wife Sherri, as they have been challenging the authority of our children first board members, since trying to "throw them out of elected office" last March 2012 in the high school auditorium "Interrogation Room." Don't know if you saw this maney act of politics of personal distruction during the time it was being played out live throughout our community.
Mr. Malone has been trying to "walk in the shoes of our highly respected and popular BOE president, Kelly Kohls, since January 2012; when the results of the 2011 election gave "we the people" our first ever BOE majority of conservative leaders.
Our has been a high school president for 13 years has been since January 2012 undermining and plotting against every decision made by the BOE majority for our children first; in his continued efforts to reverse the board to majority control of the Springboro
Education Association and the SEA president, Scott Maney.
The SEA is already planning in two years to walk out on our children's classroom education, unless they take it ALL, as they project BOE majority control be handed over in November 2013 to Babb/Malone/Stuckey union activists and pro-levy lovers of tax and spend. According to the Board of Elections, Kelly Kohls is the only conservative who has pulled petition to run for school board in November. School district voters desperately need TWO more conservatives to step up and support Kelly Kohls by running for school board. It is understoood that you, Mr. Parise, have the political leadership expertise to serve your community. Will you pull petititons to run for school board on a conservative threesome ticket? Not a chance of renwal levy passing if taxpayers have to hand over control of our school tax dollars to "unfit to lead" candidates, including Ron Malone, Dave Stuckey, and Lisa Babb. This threesome has already shown this community what we can expect IF they get the majority of school board votes; just more disruption in our children's classroom education; more public protests against Springboro taxpayers in front of the TV cameras, and more "Three-Ring Circus" pre-arranged performances in the BOE public board meetings, calling attention to Ron's ego of emphasing the "Value" of non-professional union mobsters of the SEA.
Who amongst us will vote to pay renewal levy for that cheap leadership behavior of Ron Malone, Dave Stuckey, and Lisa Babb?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#26146 Jul 28, 2013
Not A Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Parise, the slimy snakes of the SEA kind has taught Springboro citizens that we cannot believe "everything we see in print" and we cannot trust anything that the SEA slimy snakes put into print in the liberal DDN newspapers, nor on this blog.
Now I have observed and learned from the good leadership of Kelly Kohls for several years, since she was elected in November 2009 as school board representative, and I can recognize that this post is know Kelly Kohls style of leadership, and there's not a chance that OUR school board president posted that Kelly Kohls' message to her supporters.
Obviously, the post your are "supporting" is another mean-spirited attempt of the boro maney-acts to ridicule the school board president with the false accusation that she is trying to teach creationism in our public schools, and that is just another maloney-baloney lie about Kelly Kohls, that is typical of the lying tongue of Ron Malone and his wife Sherri, as they have been challenging the authority of our children first board members, since trying to "throw them out of elected office" last March 2012 in the high school auditorium "Interrogation Room." Don't know if you saw this maney act of politics of personal distruction during the time it was being played out live throughout our community.
Mr. Malone has been trying to "walk in the shoes of our highly respected and popular BOE president, Kelly Kohls, since January 2012; when the results of the 2011 election gave "we the people" our first ever BOE majority of conservative leaders.
Our has been a high school president for 13 years has been since January 2012 undermining and plotting against every decision made by the BOE majority for our children first; in his continued efforts to reverse the board to majority control of the Springboro
Education Association and the SEA president, Scott Maney.
The SEA is already planning in two years to walk out on our children's classroom education, unless they take it ALL, as they project BOE majority control be handed over in November 2013 to Babb/Malone/Stuckey union activists and pro-levy lovers of tax and spend. According to the Board of Elections, Kelly Kohls is the only conservative who has pulled petition to run for school board in November. School district voters desperately need TWO more conservatives to step up and support Kelly Kohls by running for school board. It is understoood that you, Mr. Parise, have the political leadership expertise to serve your community. Will you pull petititons to run for school board on a conservative threesome ticket? Not a chance of renwal levy passing if taxpayers have to hand over control of our school tax dollars to "unfit to lead" candidates, including Ron Malone, Dave Stuckey, and Lisa Babb. This threesome has already shown this community what we can expect IF they get the majority of school board votes; just more disruption in our children's classroom education; more public protests against Springboro taxpayers in front of the TV cameras, and more "Three-Ring Circus" pre-arranged performances in the BOE public board meetings, calling attention to Ron's ego of emphasing the "Value" of non-professional union mobsters of the SEA.
Who amongst us will vote to pay renewal levy for that cheap leadership behavior of Ron Malone, Dave Stuckey, and Lisa Babb?
Are you saying the post I supported was a ruse, not actually Kelly Kohls ? If so, my mistake for thinking that poster was legitimate.

Location hidden

#26147 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>
I support her because she and others on the school board have kept my taxes in check...something our federal and local governments have not. Money talks, b.s. walks.
Not A Chance

Piqua, OH

#26148 Jul 28, 2013
John Parise wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the post I supported was a ruse, not actually Kelly Kohls ? If so, my mistake for thinking that poster was legitimate.
Yes, Mr. Parise, I am saying that there's Not A Chance that OUR Springboro School Board President, Kelly Kohls, posted that "false press release". Thank You for recognizing your mistake.
With your political expertise, do you have the wherewithal to investigate this "identfy theft" of an Elected Official's name being used to spread false information to the public?
imposter

Springboro, OH

#26149 Jul 28, 2013
Kelly Kohls wrote:
Hey gang, just wanted to check in and say thank you to all the Children First supporters who work tirelessly to ridicule those who disagree with us. You guys are inspirational. When I am taking heat during the board meetings it is so refreshing to think of the army of people I have pushing my agenda for me!
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about November, Malone is a powerful guy and I know we've pushed the edge a little. I know Doug will be helping me every step of the way but we've shaken the tree. I just hope we can hold on!
A few on here keep bringing up my bankruptcy...well let me tell you something. I am the victim!! I tried to pay the bills for all my things but I just couldn't. At some point I had to decide what the responsible thing to do would be, and it seemed the only option was to just walk away from it. It takes some time to build credit back, but I've already got some plastic with a good credit limit so we'll see how it works next time.
Stay the course -- remember we need to keep pushing forward on creationism, we need to make sure our schools are safe by making all teachers and staff carry a gun and/or baton, and we want all of our schools to be charter schools. Most of all, we've got to get rid of this union quickly. They're such a pain in my side and a cramp to my style. The SEA people seem to think we always have to play by the contract rules.
Keep up the good work my minions!
Semper Tea!
Kelly
This is funny, but I wonder what the penalty is for impersonating an elected official. I think she should call the prosecutor and see. Did you know the persecutor can get the IP addresses and identify these posters? Give it a week. Maybe an apology will do the trick. Fess up or get in big trouble.
Good Neighbor Policy

Piqua, OH

#26150 Jul 28, 2013
Stay Alert Voters... and Read the Content of the Message, instead of jumping on the bandwagon to support "Name Recognition."

If you go back a few pages on this discussion blog, you will see a post by Principal Ron's Kids who led the disrespectful interrogation of our BOE elected officials in the March 2012 Re-instate Ron Malone campaign to throw Kelly Kohls out of her rightful place of service in our school government, as a highly popular elected official.
We are reminded by Ron's Kids that they are all grown up and old enough to "Vote for Revenge" against Kelly Kohls at the polls in November. They boast that Ron Malone will win because he is "insanely popular" in the community and "name recognition" is what WINS elections.

Beware of the the "symbolism of insanely popular"
which has no more substance in "principles" than that school flag waving "Excellent with Distrinction" draped on our school buildings, with the reality of only "Proficient" keeping our children's future left behind.
Good Neighbor Policy

Piqua, OH

#26151 Jul 28, 2013
Heart Healthy Choice wrote:
Four More Years! Four More Year! Four More Years!
Just as the "heart healthy choice" of enough rich food is best for responsible eating; but takes a lot of "Individual Responsibility and Discipline" to control ourselves from indulging in ALL that we can AFFORD; so it is that school board representative, Kelly Kohls' fiscal responsible "spending plan" of our school tax dollars provides our school children a Quality classroom education, while living within our children's first budget guidelines, to control the addictive appetite of the Springboro Education Association, whose lust for over-indulgence in Public Schools Good Pay Increases/Good Benefits, is far more than Springboro voters working in the Private Sector can afford!
Can we AFFORD not to RE-ELECT Springboro Parent and Awesome School Board President, Dr. Kelly Kohls, to FOUR MORE YEARS OF SERVICE TO OUR CHILDREN FIRST? Sounds like the HEART HEALTHY CHOICE for the "TREASURES OF OUR HEARTS" -- OUR CHILDREN, OUR FUTURE!
Sounds Good to Me! Very Much Worth Repeating!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#26152 Jul 28, 2013
imposter wrote:
<quoted text>
This is funny, but I wonder what the penalty is for impersonating an elected official. I think she should call the prosecutor and see. Did you know the persecutor can get the IP addresses and identify these posters? Give it a week. Maybe an apology will do the trick. Fess up or get in big trouble.
That is most certainly information that is useful, thanks for the tip.

Location hidden

#26153 Jul 28, 2013
Not A Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Mr. Parise, I am saying that there's Not A Chance that OUR Springboro School Board President, Kelly Kohls, posted that "false press release". Thank You for recognizing your mistake.
With your political expertise, do you have the wherewithal to investigate this "identfy theft" of an Elected Official's name being used to spread false information to the public?
I think this matter would have to be taken up by the offended person and their legal representatives. Unless it is a serious threat, ie, threatening with bodily harm,I doubt it is even worth pursuing. All part of the political game people play.
Whatta You Think

Englewood, OH

#26154 Jul 28, 2013
If Topix were turned off for a day, what do you suppose conservative extremists would do? Go outside and enjoy the weather??

Malone / Stuckey / Babb for Boro on November 5, 2013!
partisan

Bellbrook, OH

#26155 Jul 28, 2013
Whatta You Think wrote:
If Topix were turned off for a day, what do you suppose conservative extremists would do? Go outside and enjoy the weather??
sorry, no school levy Nazis in this camp.
Vipers and Hypocrites

Piqua, OH

#26156 Jul 28, 2013
The Scoffer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there Brother Ron... come on down to the Boro hypocrites prayer meeting now; You know that your place of ministry is serving as the "only worthy authority" education god, of the Springboro Schools Board of Education. Let's all pray up some false accusations against our children first; and re-instate Brother Ron as Union First President of the Springboro Board of Education.
(Do I hear applause for Ron, my brothers and sisters who are united against fiscal responsibiity in Springboro education?)
A deal is a deal....and Ron's youth union kids made a deal
with Ron that when they came of age, their vote
for revenge would throw responsible spenders of our school tax dollars right out of elected office! Question is: What say ye, Ron, when you come to full power as chief officer of the
unionism bully pulpit, which bullies will sit on your left and your right?
oops! silly me... there simply is no right side to Mr. Malone's vote for revenge against our children first. Guess that leaves Malone LEFT with the prayer response of...... NO.
Could it be that Ron's calling is to serve in volunteer service of his youth unions group through his church, instead of his disruptive service in our schools?
Calling on Brother Ron... to come home, we have a place at the table of service to our youth, and lots of collections plates to pass around to emphasis the VALUE of the education god that's done come home.
Circle of Greed

Piqua, OH

#26157 Jul 28, 2013
All About Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Education in Springboro Schools is all about money and power and who gets to control both. A school house divided cannot provide wholeness for our children's future.
We have a power struggle going on between our children first board members and Malone's union first members; The decisions made during these employment contract negotiations will support our financial victory for our children's first budget; or reverse our school district's money to the control of Malone's "business as usual" forced unionism/indoctrination for
our children's classroom education.
Did You Know that our Springboro Education Association members have joined hands, all wrapped up in themselves, presenting a very small package of non-professional educators to our children's classrooms with the very large price tag to taxpayers with the label of forced unionism: "Proud to Offer Reduced Services at an Increased Price." Where's the Value to our children's future is that?
Thinking

Piqua, OH

#26158 Jul 28, 2013
Whatta You Think wrote:
"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." -Edward R. Murrow

Three of those people in Springboro would be Ron Malone, Dave Stuckey and Lisa Babb.

Isn't it funny how Malone/Stuckey/Babb cannot come up with any new reasons to support the argument they've been making for years;
oh, yes! there is an excellent distinction between professional educators and union scumbags, they continue to argue, but never come up with enough evidence to "prove" it by being open to NEW ideas.
All prejudices aside, surely professional educators cannot thrive in the 21st century classroom, if they are not open to NEW ideas, even when those NEW ideas challenges their strongest beliefs.
No More Dough For Malone/Stuckey/Babb status quo deal making with the SEA taking it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr melody colombus 19,556
The Dayton Mall shoe-thief shooter: 9 hr Gun Nut 4
Despite this Hannity Insanity: 18 hr The Old Cold Warrior 3
Will we have to sign liability-reslease forms? Fri Sky King 1
This is why I am an Ann fan! Dec 18 Ann Fan 1
Norman "CHUB" Bowling Dec 18 Dayton Taxpayer 4
WPAFB took $4 billion from the real economy! Dec 18 The Hack Checker 1
New Carlisle Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Carlisle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Carlisle News, Events & Info