Houston, TX

#1 Sep 27, 2009
I have 20 to 30 hummingbirds around my feeder. filled it up twice today. does anyone else have them???
peavine

United States

#2 Oct 4, 2009
yes we have that many in splendora tx we have an oversized feeder and we fill it once daily. also have a formula that's a hummingbird magnet.

Houston, TX

#3 Oct 11, 2009
would you share the formula with us. they are just beautiful, thought it was just the migration we were catching.
Wonder-er

Tempe, AZ

#4 Oct 13, 2009
I have 3 that visit each day. One seems to put up a battle to keep the feeder to itself. I do enjoy watching them. The sounds they make alert me to go watch the battle over the feeder. They are louder than I thought they would be.
wondering

Enterprise, AL

#5 Oct 25, 2009
we love the birds but there were very few this year in ark. we had 3 all summer long and then last week we had 20 for a week and then they all left we have 4 feeders and we use sugar and water and they empy it out real fast we also buy the red from wal mart and they drink it but seem to like the sugar and water better where do they go back too is it mexico or where
peavine

United States

#6 Oct 27, 2009
the formula that we use is 1 cup of sugar to 2cups of water from what i been told they go to south america & mexico
ark boy

Melbourne, AR

#7 Oct 30, 2009
peavine when do they return next year i for get so i put all my feeders out early as i can just in case they send a scout in early i paa a lot of time watching them
peavine

United States

#8 Nov 1, 2009
late spring

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Caney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Art Acevedo plays police chief 1 hr Ten four 1
Why’s art assvedo watching NRA members 1 hr Red blue 1
Art assvedo 1 hr Red blue 1
News Huntsville Area Residents Arrested in Drug Cons... (Oct '12) 3 hr judy 15
News Group goes to court over new tax plan (Jun '06) 3 hr judy 12
News I-69 running through county receives a boost (Jun '06) 16 hr Judy 6
Do You Have Dirt On Houston PD Chief Art Aceved... 17 hr Nellie Bly 2

New Caney Jobs

Personal Finance

New Caney Mortgages