Proud American

Stamford, CT

#1 Jul 28, 2013
As predicted by many, the whole Zimmerman/Martin issue is becoming a race war. It's as if every black person in America goes back to the same topic in history, "slavery". Why is that? They use it as an excuse and I'm beyond fed up with it. If everybody were to blame our ancestors tragedies on the other person, this country would be screwed. Why is it that they can't let this go? Slavery died long ago so drop it already. Do they not realize that black people sold their own blacks into slavery? Where's the war there? It doesn't exist because they need someone else to blame. Get over it. As posted today, 3 black men robbed and abused a white man in Washington and said "this is for Trayvon". What exactly are they trying to prove? That the only solution to their anger is to take it out physically on other people? Yeah that's something to be proud of. On top of all this country's anger towards this topic, our so called president is just fueling the fire. As our president he should remain neutral on such a touchy subject, after all he is supposed to set an example. He chose to take sides. WTF kind of leadership is that?! As going down as one of the worst president's in history, he is digging himself deeper and deeper. Without directly saying it, Obama is saying "yes, express your anger towards the race that did wrong by your ancestors". He is basically leading a race into a war instead of creating peace for this country. I guess I don't expect such a thing from Obama considering how little respect he has for America.I will never be ashamed of my country, only the man who runs it.
CTM

New Milford, CT

#2 Jul 28, 2013
There's been ignorance on all sides of racism since it started, ignorance is the fuel for such stupidity. But "Stand your ground" for Zimmerman? Name soumds jewish, lots of jewish lawyers and politicians doing crooked things in the name of "business". Check some of the Occupy Wall Street discussions. What I have never heard in this argument is what happened to Trayvons rights under "Stand your ground"? Seems some guy started following him in a car, got out, went up to him and was threatening enough to have Trayvon feel he should defend himself, then the guy pulls out a gun and shoots him! This is after he was told to stop following Trayvon. That's what I see in the current time,now.
Neta Schrecker

Ashburn, VA

#3 Sep 7, 2013
the best free on line dating website ever!! send and receive messages, flirts, and video chat all for free!! check this one out. http://tinyurl.com/kxnm8gf

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norwalk police once again rated the worst in t... Mon Robdny 2
Where are the late Richard and Jean Colwell, s ... Mar 24 Unresolved 1
News Bristol Palin says abstinence best path for teens (May '09) Mar 23 Dakoter 2,656
Ty Beanie Baby Collectors come here! (May '09) Mar 23 tonsofbabies 75
News Bridgeport man charged in Stamford woman's kidn... (Jun '09) Mar 20 Cake203 41
WOW Norwalk police department rated the worst ... (Nov '15) Mar 19 Robdny 13
News Bridgeport shrugs off snow Mar 19 Monica 6

New Canaan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Canaan Mortgages