Danbury ICE talks lead to fewer immig...

Danbury ICE talks lead to fewer immigrants

There are 33 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Aug 15, 2009, titled Danbury ICE talks lead to fewer immigrants. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Immigrants are fleeing this western Connecticut city as the economy falters and the police department begins a partnership with federal immigration officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BadDog01

West Hartford, CT

#1 Aug 15, 2009
Come on now. Who wrote this story? Ms. Sandra Machado is talking that immigrants are leaving Danbury as if they are (legal) if they were then they have no reason too leave. Unless they are Illegal. The you have the Danbury officials saying that treir traing won't be used for Illegals)have promised that the training won't be used as an excuse to round up illegal immigrants. well then what do they need to team up with danbury P.D. with if it's not to round up the ILLEGALS?
BadDog01

West Hartford, CT

#2 Aug 15, 2009
Is Ms.Sandra Machado, 48, co-owner of Graphica, Making false documents for the ILLEGALS? Is that why things are slow at her store?
oopa chalupa

Valley Stream, NY

#3 Aug 15, 2009
this article smells, in numerous ways.
StopHatinOthers

New Britain, CT

#4 Aug 15, 2009
Anti-immigrant hate rhetoric, of the kind we read on this forum daily, certainly makes our community less welcoming to immigrants. Before the hate mongers try to flame my post. Consider just one of many reasons why immigrants are important to our nation.

http://onstartups.com/tabid/3339/bid/249/Why-...
Bill C

Hartwell, GA

#5 Aug 15, 2009
Toss all the illegal immigrants into Long Island sound and be done with them.
On second thought you can't do that. They'd leave a ring.
Tmey

South Glastonbury, CT

#6 Aug 15, 2009
StopHatinOthers wrote:
Anti-immigrant hate rhetoric, of the kind we read on this forum daily, certainly makes our community less welcoming to immigrants. Before the hate mongers try to flame my post. Consider just one of many reasons why immigrants are important to our nation.
http://onstartups.com/tabid/3339/bid/249/Why-...
That's an interesting article. I agree that legal immigrants from India and asia have done very well in the USA. How does this apply to the illegal aliens that inhabit Danbury now?
oopa chalupa

Valley Stream, NY

#7 Aug 15, 2009
Tmey wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting article. I agree that legal immigrants from India and asia have done very well in the USA. How does this apply to the illegal aliens that inhabit Danbury now?
exactly. the chalupas that came to hablabury don't bother to learn english or do anything more meaningful than mowing grass.
GAIL

AOL

#8 Aug 16, 2009
I sm an American Teacher and illegal means NOT legal,,,

I am sure that most of the people who come here are good people but the truth is fifty thousand Americans have been killed by illegal aliens, every day an American child is raped by an illegal alien and they cost us 92 billion dollars a year for welfare, crime and endless services

They killed the golden goose...

Outraged Patriots.com
Bill C

Hartwell, GA

#9 Aug 16, 2009
Their like cockroaches. One they get in you can't get rid of them.
C Heston

Odense, Denmark

#10 Aug 16, 2009
We need to bring back lynching for the spickies. Once those ANIMALS see their friends and family members hanging from OAK TREES with their BALLS CUT OFF they might start getting the hint that they're not wanted here.
StopHatinOthers

New Britain, CT

#11 Aug 16, 2009
StopHatinOthers wrote:
Anti-immigrant hate rhetoric, of the kind we read on this forum daily, certainly makes our community less welcoming to immigrants. Before the hate mongers try to flame my post. Consider just one of many reasons why immigrants are important to our nation.
http://onstartups.com/tabid/3339/bid/249/Why-...
Because these are trends across the entire immigrant community. Because of the nature of the blog I cited, it was focused on silicon valley, but the trend still holds true in other industries such as construction, finance, and services. Also true is the fact that immigrants have high college graduation rates and often pull themselves out of poverty in a single generation - something indigenous poor rarely achieve.
zyx

Brattleboro, VT

#12 Aug 16, 2009
Hasta la vista, baby!

Don't let the door hit you ....
alex

Dallas, TX

#13 Aug 17, 2009
StopHatinOthers wrote:
<quoted text>
Because these are trends across the entire immigrant community. Because of the nature of the blog I cited, it was focused on silicon valley, but the trend still holds true in other industries such as construction, finance, and services. Also true is the fact that immigrants have high college graduation rates and often pull themselves out of poverty in a single generation - something indigenous poor rarely achieve.
That's a blatant lie. While there are certain immigrant groups that have been quite successful and have higher college graduation rates than native-born whites, that's most definitely not the case with Hispanics. Hispanics have higher high school drop-out rates than even blacks, and very low college graduation rates. And this does not change from one generation to the next. Hispanic immigrants' children do better than their parents, it's true, but the uplift ends there. Third generation Hispanics are almost always no better off than the second.

There is no evidence of further ladder-climbing from the grandchildren of Hispanic immigrants. They do not rise out of the lower class. Either Hispanic assimilation will be exceedingly slow- taking at least four or five generations, and probably several more- or it will not happen. In either case, Hispanic immigration will have a serious long-term consequence: The grandchildren of today's Hispanic immigrants will lag far behind the grandchildren of today's white natives. And the growing numbers of Hispanics will only add to the underclass horror show that plagues our cities for many generations to come. There will be more crime, more corruption, and more reliance on handouts from whites. Hispanics are naturally deficient, both mentally and physically, and they’ll always be worthless animals that can’t support themselves. Theirs is a racial handicap that cannot be overcome.

Go shovel your bullshit somewhere else, SHO. No one here buys into your multicultural nonsense.
Bill Cosby

Danbury, CT

#14 Aug 17, 2009
Bill C wrote:
Toss all the illegal immigrants into Long Island sound and be done with them.
On second thought you can't do that. They'd leave floating corpses.
Also, that whole "genocide" thing would be a tough sell with the Jews.
alex

Danbury, CT

#15 Aug 17, 2009
alex wrote:
Go shovel your bullsh*t somewhere else, SHO. No one here buys into your multicultural nonsense. Also, everyone else on oxy like me thinks dead children are funny.
Now we just need to d_port white trash r_pists.
alex

Danbury, CT

#16 Aug 17, 2009
alex sober wrote:
That's a blatant lie. While there are certain immigrant groups that have been quite successful and have higher college graduation rates than native-born whites, that's most definitely not the case with Hispanics. Hispanics have higher high school drop-out rates than even blacks, and very low college graduation rates. And this does not change from one generation to the next. Hispanic immigrants' children do better than their parents, it's true, but the uplift ends there. Third generation Hispanics are almost always no better off than the second.
There is no evidence of further ladder-climbing from the grandchildren of Hispanic immigrants. They do not rise out of the lower class. Either Hispanic assimilation will be exceedingly slow- taking at least four or five generations, and probably several more- or it will not happen. In either case, Hispanic immigration will have a serious long-term consequence: The grandchildren of today's Hispanic immigrants will lag far behind the grandchildren of today's white natives. And the growing numbers of Hispanics will only add to the underclass horror show that plagues our cities for many generations to come. There will be more crime, more corruption, and more reliance on handouts from whites. Hispanics are naturally deficient, both mentally and physically, and they’ll always be worthless animals that can’t support themselves. Theirs is a racial handicap that cannot be overcome.
Go shovel your bullshit somewhere else, SHO. No one here buys into your multicultural nonsense.
alex on drugs impersonating C Heston wrote:
We need to bring back lynching for the spickies. Once those ANIMALS see their friends and family members hanging from OAK TREES with their BALLS CUT OFF they might start getting the hint that they're not wanted here.
Note: Drugged Fat Al: a little ballz obsessed.
Just Curious

Danbury, CT

#17 Aug 17, 2009
StopHatinOthers wrote:
<quoted text>
Because these are trends across the entire immigrant community. Because of the nature of the blog I cited, it was focused on silicon valley, but the trend still holds true in other industries such as construction, finance, and services. Also true is the fact that immigrants have high college graduation rates and often pull themselves out of poverty in a single generation - something indigenous poor rarely achieve.
Legal immigrants in controlled numbers have always been of great value to our country, and their contributions to the great American melting pot are very valuable. But what do legal immigrants have to do with ICE?

Legal immigrants also work hard because they realize their opportunities and they are motivated to integrate quickly, so I don't doubt your statistics. But again, what does that have to do with illegal aliens and ICE?

Illegals want to stand outside the community, not become part of it. They want to come back and forth whenever they like, take the best benefits from either country, work where and when they like, speak their own languages, send their children to school here while sending their money back home, and exist outside the law. Your numbers pertaining to high achievers and good citizens are not relevent to them.
Alec

Danbury, CT

#18 Aug 17, 2009
As an aging and marginalized white person...it would be insane to think I could adapt to a changing world demographic. Especially when even my own culture is beyond my grasp.
Chris Columbus

Danbury, CT

#19 Aug 17, 2009
Alec wrote:
As an aging and marginalized white person...it would be insane to think I could adapt to a changing world demographic. Especially when even my own culture is beyond my grasp.
Aging white folks are quite capable of adapting to changing world demographics. After all, old white Europeans like me conquored most of it and still control it. We think we know better because, well, we do.
Erik

Danbury, CT

#20 Aug 17, 2009
Chris Columbus wrote:
Aging white folks are quite capable of adapting to changing world demographics. After all, old white Europeans like me conquored most of it and still control it. We think we know better because, well, we do.
Then why don't you have spellcheck installed?

"conquered"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Pavia as Mayor? May 21 Jan 1
Is Brett Saltus still shooting Heroin? (Feb '13) May 20 Zoweeee 49
Robtard is an Azz (Mar '12) May 19 What a Queen 288
News Fake doctor's letter sends accused arsonist bac... May 19 Ctres 1
Whatever happened to the Waterbury girls? (Jun '15) May 19 Zoweeee 10
News Connecticut startups get tool to register online May 18 DUMB ALERT 2
News Report: Connecticut is the worst summer destina... May 18 DUMB ALERT 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Canaan Mortgages