Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72037 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#72979 May 3, 2014
Where's Hugh? I guess he's praying to his G-d on the shabbat.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72980 May 4, 2014
PLANES OF THE ENERGY OF CONSCIOUSNESS

Frequency, power and phenomena are the distinguishing typal features of any plane in the manifested hierarchy.

Thus, each plane has a different frequency of vibration, different degree of power and a different range of phenomena.

So, we have the gradations of the planes of the energy of consciousness in ascending order as follows:

inconscient, subconscient, gross physical, subtle physical, lower vital, higher vital, mind, higher mind, illumined mind, intuition mind, overmind-1, overmind-2, overmind-3, overmind-4, supermind-1, supermind-2, supermind-3, supermind-4, bliss-1, bliss-2, bliss-3 and then we encounter a scale of the supracosmic planes leading right to the source.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#72982 May 4, 2014
MENTION OF 3RD & 4TH COSMIC PLANES IN NT:

1) "I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know - God knows."

- 2 Corinthians 12:2

JOEL: The man mentioned by Paul, the narrator of the above verse, had via trance ascended in consciousness-force to the 3rd plane in the manifested cosmic hierarchy which would make it the lower vital plane if we discard the lowest of the 2 planes the inconscient and the subconscient whose stations in the body are beneath the feet.

So, in ascending order:

1st plane = gross physical

2nd plane = subtle physical

3rd plane = lower vital

This ordinary yogic feat was supposed to be a great achievement as seen in the choice of words.

2) Elsewhere, in the NT, we read Jesus referring to the 4th cosmic plane - the plane of the higher vital.

"If thy eye be single, thy body shall be filled with light."

Matt 6:22

JOEL: The reference is to the meditative state on the ajnya chakra which is the force center between the brows when both the eyes are concentrated on the force center between the brows making the attention single-pointed.

The opening up of the ajnya chakra leads to subtle experiences in the higher vital plane accompanied by light, sound and other phenomena that're associated with the higher vital range of consciousness-force in the body.

This higher vital force center in the body between the brows is connected with the true higher vital cosmic plane of which a narrow selection forms the higher vital center in the body.

Expectedly, once the center between the brows is awakened through meditative practices the link with its cosmic counterpart is strengthened and at a later stage of the yoga the eyebrow center in the body opens up to its cosmic equivalent.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72983 May 4, 2014
yawn

Insect Trust

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#72984 May 4, 2014
Wasn't this thread originally a platform for antisemitic lowlife?

Now it's about gay-bashing?

You need to get back to the topic, since there is so much Jew-hating scum out there in Grant Co., especially in the Mimbres, ain't that right, Joan, Shannon, etc.?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72985 May 4, 2014
smiles

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#72986 May 4, 2014
JOEL wrote:
MENTION OF 3RD & 4TH COSMIC PLANES IN NT:
1) "I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know - God knows."
- 2 Corinthians 12:2
JOEL: The man mentioned by Paul, the narrator of the above verse, had via trance ascended in consciousness-force to the 3rd plane in the manifested cosmic hierarchy which would make it the lower vital plane if we discard the lowest of the 2 planes the inconscient and the subconscient whose stations in the body are beneath the feet.
So, in ascending order:
1st plane = gross physical
2nd plane = subtle physical
3rd plane = lower vital
This ordinary yogic feat was supposed to be a great achievement as seen in the choice of words.
2) Elsewhere, in the NT, we read Jesus referring to the 4th cosmic plane - the plane of the higher vital.
"If thy eye be single, thy body shall be filled with light."
Matt 6:22
JOEL: The reference is to the meditative state on the ajnya chakra which is the force center between the brows when both the eyes are concentrated on the force center between the brows making the attention single-pointed.
The opening up of the ajnya chakra leads to subtle experiences in the higher vital plane accompanied by light, sound and other phenomena that're associated with the higher vital range of consciousness-force in the body.
This higher vital force center in the body between the brows is connected with the true higher vital cosmic plane of which a narrow selection forms the higher vital center in the body.
Expectedly, once the center between the brows is awakened through meditative practices the link with its cosmic counterpart is strengthened and at a later stage of the yoga the eyebrow center in the body opens up to its cosmic equivalent.
You are merely confused and most probably talking out of your azz as usual.

Paul mentioned the third heaven, and not the third cosmic plane.

What he meant by it is unknown.

One more consideration he said third heaven which let us think that there must be a second and a first heaven (whatever they mean). You called the first heaven as gross physical plane, which is supposed to be the plane where men and animals live in. But theologically speaking the heaven, whether first, second or fifth could NOT corrispond to any physical dimension where people and animals live in, because it's HEAVEN

You are a clueless that use words out of their context.

Location hidden

#72987 May 4, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
PLANES OF THE ENERGY OF CONSCIOUSNESS
Frequency, power and phenomena are the distinguishing typal features of any plane in the manifested hierarchy.
Thus, each plane has a different frequency of vibration, different degree of power and a different range of phenomena.
So, we have the gradations of the planes of the energy of consciousness in ascending order as follows:
inconscient, subconscient, gross physical, subtle physical, lower vital, higher vital, mind, higher mind, illumined mind, intuition mind, overmind-1, overmind-2, overmind-3, overmind-4, supermind-1, supermind-2, supermind-3, supermind-4, bliss-1, bliss-2, bliss-3 and then we encounter a scale of the supracosmic planes leading right to the source.
Meaningless words.

No evidence(s) provided for each plane.

Why the bother?

Come back if and when you have evidence.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72988 May 4, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugh is an inferior cruff with a bigoted mind.
But, I think, what he said about you being bisexual (more homosexual than straight) is true...
Well, that's your problem.
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
well said
You know guys, I don't care. You seem to believe that being a homosexual or a bi-sexual is ultimately bad and to call someone such is an insult, even if it's untrue. Well guys, it's not. You can't insult me by calling me bi or gay because they are not insults. It's like calling me a person. Or, a member of the human race. I let it roll off for a few times, but I have to defend those who you deride. It's not an insult as far as I'm concerned and it doesn't bother me. So move on.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#72989 May 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your wife better than your typical homosexual?
You know, Hugh, when Joel was making your wife the subject of his harangue, I stood up for her and told Joel that wives should be out of bounds. Thanks for returning the favor.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72990 May 4, 2014
FURTHER NOTE ON THE COSMIC PLANES:

1) The GROSS PHYSICAL PLANE is the plane of protons, quarks, EM, nuclear forces, the physicalized consciousness, etc. The SUBCONSCIENT PLANE is the plane underlying the gross physical and is inferior in terms of information and serves as the collective memory of all the overlying planes. The INCONSCIENT is the lowest plane of the manifested consciousness-force where everything in terms of the vibrations of the energy field appears completely unconscious. The SUBTLE PHYSICAL is the cosmic plane of force vibrations that overlies the plane of quarks, protons, EM etc and is the seat of the subtle consciousness-force embedded in it whose nature is the precursor of physicalized energy/matter and is the state that is subtler than even the QM vacuum state. The LOWER VITAL is the plane that overlies the subtle physical and is personified by a higher state of vibrations and has a greater information content than the planes that it overlies. The lower vital is the plane where the forces of animation of physical energies, matter and phenomenon of life arise, the HIGHER VITAL that overlies the lower vital is richer in information content and vibrates at a much higher rate than the lower planes that it overlies and is the domain of the core desires, intent, instincts, self-organizing laws of the lower planes and the first spark of cosmic intelligence due to an infusion of the mind element of the Mind Plane that overlies it and so on for the other planes that're even subtler than the higher vital.

2) Each plane/heaven is causally connected to all others in the cosmic hierarchy and the planes keep influencing each other especially those in close proximity. Everything is simply an outcome of the different sets of vibrations of conscious-energy arranged in a hierarchy.

3) For non-yogis, one of the best way to visualize the cosmic planes is to keep in mind an onion with its layers wrapped around each other until at the core one arrives at "nothing" - the state of pure potentiality.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72991 May 4, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>

You know guys, I don't care. You seem to believe that being a homosexual or a bi-sexual is ultimately bad and to call someone such is an insult, even if it's untrue. Well guys, it's not. You can't insult me by calling me bi or gay because they are not insults. It's like calling me a person. Or, a member of the human race. I let it roll off for a few times, but I have to defend those who you deride. It's not an insult as far as I'm concerned and it doesn't bother me. So move on.
I hope that you're comfortable with your abnormal sexual orientation.

Be happy Eric and while indulging in habitual rear sex as is the wont of people of your kind please remember to keep your bum free from diseases otherwise you'll come down with HIV or some other life-threatening disease.

Now, are you off to the synagogue or to the nearest bar to meet others of your kind?

LOL

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72992 May 4, 2014
HUGH

How's the police case going on?

Weren't you arrested last year for forcing yourself on a 13 year old boy?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#72994 May 4, 2014
SPACE-TIME WORM INVALIDATES CONSCIOUS EXPERIENCE:

In Einstein's theory of relativity, time and space are wedded together in a 4-dimensional space-time continuum.

It is no longer possible to describe an object as occupying a particular point in space at a particular point in time.

A relativistic description of an object will show its spatial and temporal existence in its entirety, merged from beginning to end, wherever it is happening. For instance, a human being would be depicted as the entire progression from embryo to corpse. Such constructs are labeled "space-time worms."

And physics does not permit the space-time worm to say, "Now I am an adult and I used to be a child."

There is no passage of time or of a steady flow of events enacted in space - the whole sequence supposedly exists as one unit.

If we are space-time worms, we are just static configurations of matter, not evolving personalities with consciousness.

Defining human beings in that way invalidates our individual perception of past, present, and future and thus leads to the conclusion that such perceptions are unreal.

In a letter to Michael Besso, Albert Einstein wrote:

"You have to accept the idea that subjective time with its emphasis on the now has no objective meaning."

Ironically, when Besso died, Einstein, ironically, tried to console his widow by writing:

"Michael has preceded me a little in leaving this strange world. This is not important. For us who are convinced physicists, the distinction between past, present, and future is only an illusion, however persistent."

This is in effect a denial of consciousness, which entails the reality of the present experienced moment.

We experience our present form as real, whereas our infant form exists only in memory.

As conscious beings we can definitely experience that we do occupy a particular bodily form at a particular point in time.

Despite the fact that relativity theory converts a series of events into a single unified spatio-temporal entity, we actually experience in sequence different points in time.

What all this means is that every theory of universal origins built around relativity theory fails to explain our conscious experience of time, thus making these theories, as they stand, incomplete and unacceptable.

Location hidden

#72997 May 5, 2014
Leaving aside the crude and baseless explanation of the rest of your post...
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
3) For non-yogis, one of the best way to visualize the cosmic planes is to keep in mind an onion with its layers wrapped around each other until at the core one arrives at "nothing" - the state of pure potentiality.
All the yogis, quasi-yogi, and wannabe yogis should provide with evidences any of their claims for the non-yogis, otherwise a mental asylum would be your next plane.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#72998 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Why would you choose one of the most stinkiest vegetables known to humankind as the basis for your visualization?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#72999 May 5, 2014
DUAL MODES OF CONSCIOUSNESS TO BE MADE ONE:

"There are always two different consciousnesses in the human being, one outward in which he ordinarily lives, the other inward and concealed of which he knows nothing. When one does sadhana (yogic discipline), the inner consciousness begins to open and one is able to go inside and have all kinds of experiences there. As the sadhana progresses, one begins to live more and more in this inner being and the outer becomes more and more superficial. At first the inner consciousness seems to be the dream and the outer the waking reality. Afterwards the inner consciousness becomes the reality and the outer is felt by many as a dream or delusion, or else as something superficial and external. The inner consciousness begins to be a place of deep peace, light, bliss, love, power, closeness to the essence of the Self. One is then aware of two consciousnesses, the inner one and the outer which has to be changed into its counterpart and instrument - that also must become full of peace, light, power, union with the Self...."

- Sri Aurobindo, Letters on Yoga

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73000 May 5, 2014
RANGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS

"Consciousness is usually identified with mind, but mental consciousness is only the human range which no more exhausts all the possible ranges of consciousness than human sight exhausts all the gradations of colour or human hearing all the gradations of sound - for there is much above or below that is to man invisible and inaudible. So there are ranges of consciousness above and below the human range, with which the normal human has no contact and they seem to it unconscious - supramental or overmental and submental ranges."

- Sri Aurobindo
JOEL

New Delhi, India

#73001 May 5, 2014
SUBJECTIVE/OBJECTIVE INFLUENCE:

"The gradations of consciousness are universal states not dependent on the outlook of the subjective personality; rather the outlook of the subjective personality is determined by the grade of consciousness in which it is organised according to its archetypal nature or its evolutionary stage."

- Sri Aurobindo

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73002 May 5, 2014
AWARENESS/ENERGY OF CONSCIOUSNESS:

"Consciousness is made up of two elements, awareness of self and things and forces and conscious-power. Awareness is the first thing necessary, you have to be aware of things in the right consciousness, in the right way, seeing them in their truth; but awareness by itself is not enough. There must be a Will and a Force that make the consciousness effective."

- Sri Aurobindo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gangstalking Darien,Wilton,Stamford (May '09) 16 hr Bhp 42
Paul H Burnham and the Gangstalking Case covere... (Dec '09) Sat Truth 33
Is Brett Saltus still shooting Heroin? (Feb '13) Jul 21 Terry 52
Robtard is an Azz (Mar '12) Jul 9 What a Queen 292
News Bridgeport woman charged in Norwalk stabbing Jul 8 ffctguitar 6
News Bridgeport man charged in Stamford woman's kidn... (Jun '09) Jul 2 TheFirst 34
Norwalk police rated the worst in the state Jun 30 Lousfool 4

New Canaan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Canaan Mortgages