Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,100
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68812 Mar 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not aware anyone was ever prosecuted for homosexuality.
Which supports my point. We ahve many laws which are not constiutional, and frankly not much an issue because the authorities know better than to enforce them, as that would elicit a legal challenge. So they ignore them. The sodomy laws of some of the states are a good example of this.
Frijoles--- We ahve many laws which are not constiutional,

HughBe--- Thank you for that. Once again, explain why the US Government KNOWINGLY passed laws that were ILLEGAL and that VIOLATED the Constitution.

Explain why the Courts would sentence people for HOMOSEXUALITY when they KNEW that it was not against the constitution.

Finally, the courts now are of inferior quality when compared to the courts when the Constitution was drafted and implemented, in my opinion. As explained before those judges who lived at the time of the framing of the constitution had SUPERIOR knowledge and understanding of its INTENTIONS. Why? They would have been MAJOR contributors to it and so they would KNOW their own thoughts, do you think?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68813 Mar 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
.......Former---Would you be at all concerned that you might appear to be a moron
HughBe--- No as I know who I am. Finally, try answering the questions.
ok but since twice now you've admitted that you're mentally challenged, I shall keep it brief and simple..........you're welcome.

Yes, I went into healthcare because I had a desk job and though I would more enjoy working with people (of both genders and all ages and colors).
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68814 Mar 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not aware anyone was ever prosecuted for homosexuality.
Which supports my point. We ahve many laws which are not constiutional, and frankly not much an issue because the authorities know better than to enforce them, as that would elicit a legal challenge. So they ignore them. The sodomy laws of some of the states are a good example of this.
Frijoles---I am not aware anyone was ever prosecuted for homosexuality.

HughBe--- What? Please disown that garbage quickly.

Is there a link between homosexuality and SODOMY and the related laws?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#68815 Mar 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--- We ahve many laws which are not constiutional,
HughBe--- Thank you for that. Once again, explain why the US Government KNOWINGLY passed laws that were ILLEGAL and that VIOLATED the Constitution.
Explain why the Courts would sentence people for HOMOSEXUALITY when they KNEW that it was not against the constitution.
Finally, the courts now are of inferior quality when compared to the courts when the Constitution was drafted and implemented, in my opinion. As explained before those judges who lived at the time of the framing of the constitution had SUPERIOR knowledge and understanding of its INTENTIONS. Why? They would have been MAJOR contributors to it and so they would KNOW their own thoughts, do you think?
You obviously dont understand our political system.

LEGISLATURES pass laws, not the courts. They pass lots of laws. IF they are obviously unconstitutional, AND someone cares enough, someone challenges them in court.

In any year, there are hundreds of state laws that get passed, and a certain percentage of them are routinely challenged in court.

Courts dont pass laws.

The funny thing is, I'd imagine there is the same or similar system in Jamaica.

Location hidden

#68816 Mar 4, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
ok but since twice now you've admitted that you're mentally challenged, I shall keep it brief and simple..........you're welcome.
Yes, I went into healthcare because I had a desk job and though I would more enjoy working with people (of both genders and all ages and colors).
why did you quit? Did you quit?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68817 Mar 4, 2014
Former---ok but since twice now you've admitted that you're mentally challenged, I shall keep it brief and simple..........you're welcome.

HughBe--- Just the way I like it. I shall confirm my state many more times for your pleasure.

Former---Yes, I went into healthcare because I had a desk job and though I would more enjoy working with people (of both genders and all ages and colors).

HughBe--- Did you give it much thoughT?:D

Did the experience give you satisfaction?

Location hidden

#68818 Mar 4, 2014
Hughbe pretending as usual

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judiciary_of_Jam...

Supreme Court[edit]

The Supreme Court has unlimited original jurisdiction in criminal and civil cases. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is the head of the judiciary. Besides the Chief Justice, the court is composed of the Senior Puisne Judge and additional Puisne Judge, with their number established by Parliament. In response to increasing case load, Parliament in 2008 increased the number of spaces on the Supreme Court from 26 to 40[5] with the new spaces filled over time by appointment of new judges.

The Supreme Court has a number of divisions, in which a subset of the justices hear specific types of cases. The Circuit Court is the division for criminal cases, holding sessions in the individual parishes. The The Justices of the Peace (Appeals) Act states that the "Circuit Court for every parish in this Island shall be the Appeal Court for matters arising in every such parish."[6] Other divisions of the Supreme Court are the Gun Court, the Commercial Court, the Revenue Court, and the Family Court. In the civil division of the Supreme Court the judge sits alone without the jury, except in cases of defamation. The Supreme Court also serves as a Constitutional Court for Jamaica.
----------

NOTE: "...The Supreme Court also serves as a Constitutional Court for Jamaica.,,,"

In other words they have the same system. The Legislature passes a law, and if it is unconstiutional, it can be appealed to the Supreme Court.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#68819 Mar 4, 2014
Boys, I really have to go again. Perhaps later.

Please control the tears. PLEASE.

Love, sweet Hugh.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68820 Mar 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
why did you quit? Did you quit?
I ended up monitoring drug trials as many healthcare people do. Sometime you need a break from the day to day clinical work. Then slid into managing social workers and all of a sudden realized I was back behind a desk again.

So of course then I went to real estate school (2 siblings and a mom with RE licenses), Then did some RE investing/landlording.
That was career #3.

#1 was technical editing - close to 10 years.

Haven't gotten back to RE yet in CT. Sold what I had in PA. kind of a semi-retired RE guy now I guess.

Today babysat 2 guys for 5 hours while they replaced our garage doors and openers. The old ones gave out. Cheap doors and old openers that were here when we moved in.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#68821 Mar 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
.....HughBe--- Did you give it much thoughT?:D
Did the experience give you satisfaction?
Yes as did the educational part of it - LPN program/associates RN/BSN and masters program (the last one courtesy of the American Tax payers). full scholarship due to showing up and doing the work - thanks!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#68822 Mar 4, 2014
HughBe wrote:
...By the way did you provide any CITATION for your assertion that BLACKS are regarded as 3/5 men in the US constitution? NO you did NOT and so you have VIOLATED your own rules. Provide the CITATIONS now.
Now please explain YOUR own words below.
Explain how my question is SILLY in the context of your 123 and then answer my silly question anyway.
Cult of Reason---According to the US Constitution - Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3, BLACKS were only considered three-fifths men.
HughBe---- So, was the US Constitution wrong?
Hey Dumbo,

Quoting from the US Constitution and providing the exact location of the quote IS a CITATION.

Now, go slink away and don't come back until you can UNDERSTAND and COMPLY by my rules of engagement. Otherwise, you will continue to be treated like the troll that you are.
whatever

Silver City, NM

#68823 Mar 4, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, in Saudi Arabia -- you can get the death penalty for "preaching" anything except Islam.
Jews don't preach -- we don't go knocking on people's doors and asking them if who they pray to or how they do it.
Most of us find it offensive and impolite.
The best way to share Jesus as some ones only savior from sin is to be their friend first
some times that is not possible , When a reasonable person really thinks about it .. they should be more offended that a person who believes Jesus is the only way to be saved would keep quiet about it .. IF the person was a Jewish person.. or to any one else to..

it would be like not telling the person they know a bomb is set and ready to kill them and their whole family

www.whataboutjesus.com

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#68824 Mar 4, 2014
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The best way to share Jesus...
I don't like to share. So, you keep your crap sandwich and I'll eat my own lunch.

Thanks!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#68825 Mar 4, 2014
NDE AND ANITA MOORJANI

I'll try and rationalize NDE (near death experience) using scientific explanations and yogic experience while all the while keeping within the real of matter and brain-generated EM energy.

Anita Moorjani is an ethnic Indian lady who lives in Hong Kong who's had this awesome NDE.

Just saw her experience on her NDE on Lilou's Juicy Tour.

Anita recovered from terminal cancer within 3 days after her NDE.

Her account is based on a sense of "knowing" at all times during the NDE.

The tunnel that one perceives, the fearlessness experienced, the light seen in an NDE, the feeling of pervasive interconnectedness, great love experienced and sighting of departed love ones are common experiences to most persons having the NDE and have rational explanations (not the silly explanation offered by Carl Sagan who refereed to this common sight during an NDE as a remembrance of the vaginal canal).

Location hidden

#68826 Mar 4, 2014
I like Lilou Mace of the Lilou's Juicy Living Tour. She's comforting, affable, energetic, kind and quite sexy.

Location hidden

#68827 Mar 4, 2014
I'll be typing a piece on the mechanism of NDE sometime soon.

Location hidden

#68828 Mar 4, 2014
typo

Just saw her INTERVIEW on her NDE on Lilou's Juicy Tour.

Location hidden

#68830 Mar 4, 2014
BACKGROUND INFORMATION TO UNDERSTAND NDE

A stationary charge produces an electric field in the surrounding space. It affects the behavior of charged objects in the vicinity of the field. If the charge (electric current) is accelerating, a concomitant magnetic field is also produced. A changing magnetic field also produces an electric field. The interaction of electric and magnetic fields produces an EM field with lines of force making up the field that functions as a feedback loop. In the modern view, the electric and magnetic fields are better thought of as 2 aspects of the electromagnetic field.

The brain's EM field creates a representation of the information in the billions of neurons that form complex networks with billions of charged ions racing down the nerve channels.

How does our brain cohere information to generate consciousness?

Scientists say that every time a nerve fires, the electrical activity sends a signal to the brain's EM field. However, unlike a solitary nerve signal that carries specific digital information to the brain's EM field, the cumulative information that reaches the brain's EM field is automatically connected with all the other electrical signals in the brain. The brain's conscious experience correlates not with a specific number of neurons firing, but with the synchrony or unification of that firing. The brain's EM field does the task of bringing about cohesion among all these electrical signals that is characteristic of consciousness.

There are feedback loops from the brain's EM field that link with the neurons with a causal relationship being developed in this manner.

Qualia (subjective states) would logically be the various configurations of the brain's EM field activity.

Neuronal firing is argued to be sensitive to the variation of as little as 1 milli volt across the cell membrane, or which corresponds to the involvement of a single extra ion channel. Not surprisingly, external EM fields targeting the brain-body system have been shown to alter the conscious experience by affecting the digital information in the neuron-EM field loops.

So, consciousness is not a thing as it is devoid of substance/energy to confer on it an existence that's independent of energy/matter but on the contrary it is generated on account of EM field activity in various stages of organization of matter with the peak conscious experience being the product of neuronal activity.

During death, the brain's connection with the generated EM field is broken and this EM field would exist independent of the source (brain) with increasing distance as per the inverse square law......

More, later
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#68831 Mar 4, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
1. I didnt change the topic - you introduced a relative comparison and I call you on the carpet for that.

What is your definition of an atrocity? Is what is happening in Syria an atrocity? I am questioning your judgement here, and therefore your characterizations.

It doesnt take a genius to recognize your bias.

What makes you think it was a Golden Age for the Jews? Judaism is thriving now. As it has been in the past.

RM's point is that your example is getting old. Hard to defend Islam when it is being associated with storing weapons in mosques, violence among brethern, beheadings, homicidal bombings, glorification of death in general,and deplorable human rights in general.

Hasnt always been that way. Why the change?
Ans.

1. If there is atrocity in any part of the world, it does not give blanket sanction for other people to commit so.

We were discussing about Jews and how Muslims treated them over the centuries, vis a vis how they were treated by Christians during the same period.

If you have any info on that, please bring it.

2. The Golden era for Jews was that they got protection in Muslim lands. While in Christian lands they were mistreated and taunted as "Christ Killers" and so many taxes were imposed on them…. In Muslim lands they were free from these persecutions.

The present time is not for "Thriving Judaism"…. It is not a Golden Era for Judaism.

Most of Jews today are Athiests, at least I can say that for those who control Isreal.
Uzi

Kfar Saba, Israel

#68832 Mar 4, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. If there is atrocity in any part of the world, it does not give blanket sanction for other people to commit so.
We were discussing about Jews and how Muslims treated them over the centuries, vis a vis how they were treated by Christians during the same period.
If you have any info on that, please bring it.
2. The Golden era for Jews was that they got protection in Muslim lands. While in Christian lands they were mistreated and taunted as "Christ Killers" and so many taxes were imposed on them…. In Muslim lands they were free from these persecutions.
The present time is not for "Thriving Judaism"…. It is not a Golden Era for Judaism.
Most of Jews today are Athiests, at least I can say that for those who control Isreal.
Got anymore bullshit stories? More nazislamist lies??? It comes very easy to muslims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Announces New City Commission to Safeguar... 4 hr Mike g Papa 1
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing (Jan '09) 18 hr Bomb Mexico 5,613
Stamford school administrators seek special pro... Thu Mike g Papa 1
my trainer is the best Wed Abolish The Fed 2
Police Arrest Mother With Child for Shoplifting Wed Most Interesting Man 6
Cops search Seaside Park for Bianca Lebron's re... (Jul '09) Oct 20 American Gentlema... 338
Teacher accused of abuse (Dec '08) Oct 20 Elise Gingerich 107

New Canaan News Video

New Canaan Dating
Find my Match

New Canaan Jobs

New Canaan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Canaan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Canaan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]