Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
56,801 - 56,820 of 69,000 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#63015 Nov 19, 2013
Wow, to all the positives in Japan. It appears a nation from outer space that's far ahead of global standards in most ways.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63016 Nov 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are contradicting yourself. You said that you are not Jewish, although you have Jewish ancestors and relatives, because your father was not Jewish. Well, according to the New Testament, Jesus' father was not Jewish either. Therefore, Jesus cannot be Jewish. There is no difference between you and the Jesus of the New Testament. Your father was not Jewish. Jesus' father as set forth in the New Testament was not Jewish.
Consistency, Hugh, consistency.
FOCUS.

Eric---You have told us that although you are not a Jew, you have Jewish ancestors and relatives.

HughBe--- So what, it is a fact.

Eric--- How did you do it?

HughBe--- I did nothing. Here is how it went. My Jewish grandfather saw my sexy non-Jewish grandmother and knew her. As a result my mother was born. Now had you the intelligence to call my mother Jewish I would have accepted it because she is the seed of a MAN who is a Jew.

As for me, I am no Jew as my father was not one.

I am the son of a Jewish woman but my father was not Jewish and so I am NOT Jewish. Compare my words to the example in the Tanach.

I know that you neither believe Moses nor God but I shall still quote the Torah.

"Now the SON of an Israelite MOTHER and an Egyptian FATHER went out AMONG the Israelites, and a fight broke out in the camp between HIM and AN Israelite." Leviticus 24:10

Clear his MOTHER did NOT make him an Israelite. My mother cannot make me a Jew.

Finally, your father is a Jew and so both you and your brother are Jews and nothing can change that, not even your love of LIES and stupidity. Your brother could worship an ANT, he shall always be a Jew.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63017 Nov 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Japan is a neurotic, unnatural, ultra-hygienic, extra-martial, overly honor sensitive, under-sexed, super-civilized, uber-artistic, over-educated, hyper-technological idiocracy - a contradiction of sorts.
Joel--Japan is.....undersexed

Hugh--- When are going over there to give our sisters a hand and a "leg"?

Location hidden

#63018 Nov 19, 2013
Germany is another great nation but somewhat on the decline...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63019 Nov 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
Had all men or had most men been homosexual, the human race would have become extinct long ago.
As long as the women remain NORMAL I am comfortable with such a scenario.

Location hidden

#63020 Nov 19, 2013
Japan and Germany top the list of the world's best nations leaving the other nations in most ways far behind.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63021 Nov 19, 2013
bye
Eric

Lombard, IL

#63022 Nov 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Focus on your lesson. Leave Jesus to me.
Absolutely not. The same rules apply to Jesus being a Jew as apply to you being a Jew. You say that you aren't a Jew because your father wasn't a Jew. Therefore, Jesus as described in the New Testament was not a Jew because his father, as set forth in the New Testament, is not a Jew.

Jesus was a Jew because his mother was a Jew.

Location hidden

#63023 Nov 19, 2013
I am highly impressed with Japan and Germany. Kudos.

Location hidden

#63024 Nov 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

As long as the women remain NORMAL I am comfortable with such a scenario.
But, Monny, you like boys, don't you?

Location hidden

#63025 Nov 19, 2013
Good night.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#63026 Nov 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely not. The same rules apply to Jesus being a Jew as apply to you being a Jew. You say that you aren't a Jew because your father wasn't a Jew. Therefore, Jesus as described in the New Testament was not a Jew because his father, as set forth in the New Testament, is not a Jew.
More details regarding this perspective...

Genealogy
He [Jesus] was not descended from the House of David. According to Jewish law, tribal identification comes from the father's side, being Jewish, from the mother's side. According to Matthew 1, Joseph was descended from David (Although there are many contradictions between his genealogy there and that listed in Luke, however according to the same text, Joseph did not have sexual relations with Mary, therefore Jesus was not related to Joseph, and not a descendant of King David.

Three answers to this problem are given in classic Christian sources:

The genealogy is that of Mary - This is inadequate, since if he is claimed to be the Jewish messiah, and according to Jewish tradition he must be descended on his father's side, Mary's genealogy is irrelevant.
He was adopted by Joseph -According to Jewish law, adoption does not change the status of the child. If an Israelite is adopted by a Cohen,(A descendant of Aaron the High Priest), the child does not become a Cohen, likewise if a descendant of David, adopts someone who is not, he does not become of the tribe of Judah and a descendant of David.
It doesn't matter, he was a spiritual inheritor of King David - If it doesn't matter, why do Christian scriptures spend time establishing his genealogical pedigree? And if he is claimed to be the Jewish messiah, then according to Jewish tradition it does matter!

http://ohr.edu/ask/ask00j.htm#Q1.A2
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63027 Nov 19, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely not. The same rules apply to Jesus being a Jew as apply to you being a Jew. You say that you aren't a Jew because your father wasn't a Jew. Therefore, Jesus as described in the New Testament was not a Jew because his father, as set forth in the New Testament, is not a Jew.
As usual you have been successful in deceiving your own self. Your sideshow is just that. The lesson that I instructed you in stands.

Given that you feel that you have a point in relation to my Jesus then cleave to your point. I am comfortable with my Jesus.

Also you need to realize your folly i.e. you have introduced Jesus into an equation that prior to His introduction the equation stretched your mental capacity to its maximum and yet you could not understand. So why add more to jackass back?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#63028 Nov 19, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
But, Monny, you like boys, don't you?
Hugh---As long as the women remain NORMAL I am comfortable with such a scenario.

Joel---But, Monny, you like boys, don't you?

Hugh--- Yes, but not sexually.

Location hidden

#63029 Nov 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Joel---But, Monny, you like boys, don't you?

Hugh--- Yes, but not sexually.
Sexually.

Location hidden

#63030 Nov 19, 2013
Surprisingly, nondualism finds a prominent place in the NT.

Location hidden

#63031 Nov 19, 2013
The nondualism in the NT is a union in consciousness of the subject with the object on the plane of the vital consciousness and it goes no further since Jesus' reach extended merely to the vital and not to the planes exceeding the vital. Nevertheless, the fact that the highest teaching of nondualism finds mention in the NT indicates that its teachings/practices are a marked improvement over crude dualistic teachings that automatically lead to a violation in the laws of causation giving rise thereby to the absurdities called creationism and the extra-cosmic God before whom devotees perpetually cower in fear and submission.

Location hidden

#63032 Nov 19, 2013
Science advocates a physical nondualism, while mysticism promotes a nondualism involving a union of energy, matter and consciousness - the broadest possible unification.

Location hidden

#63033 Nov 19, 2013
Unity in variety is the natural law.

Location hidden

#63034 Nov 19, 2013
Unification is the fundamental theme in existence as indicated by the theories of science and by the experiences of the mystic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Newtown Business Spotlight: Persnickety Promotions Fri Lou 1
Sandovals buy Shore Pointe building for $11M (Dec '06) Aug 28 Sir Samuel 2
Guest Column / Police Chief Leon Krolikowski Aug 25 Concerned citizen 1
Gangstalking Information (May '09) Aug 23 abr 883
Fun Event at Cummings Park October 5th! Aug 13 American Diabetes... 1
Cheap Kítchens for sale in liverpool area Aug 11 Anonymous 1
Robtard is an Azz (Mar '12) Aug 10 What a Queen 208
•••

New Canaan News Video

•••