Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
53,441 - 53,460 of 68,418 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Define MATTER.
2) If I buy a batch of oranges at the equator and sell it at the north pole using the same selling price value that would be employed had it been sold at the place of purchase, will I make a profit or a loss? Why? Give the entire logic.
3) Convert 0.005 mg into tons.
4) 1 newton =? dynes
(show all the working steps)
5) What are the SI units of a newton?
(show all the working steps)
Come on, Caltech "genius", these questions should be child's play for you, right?
(smiles in advance)
rabbee: is there any reason, why i should care? i am no longer interested, in all that non-kodacrome crap. now do you! get, the picture? after about thirty years of math, i don't give a damn any more. i am retired from, both school, and work. since apparently i got confused, about being fruitful and multiply.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call him whatever you want. But he was the first to implement it.
You have an odd definition of "socialized".
We already know you have antisocial tendencies. Nothing that the proper meds wouldn't neutralize for the moment.
On the contrary I am more social than most people. I can't go anywhere in Stamford without running into someone I know, it can be a little annoying at times.

Back to mittens, you are replying that he is someone special because he implemented it as governor and I should give the system a pass somehow.
Well it really doesn't matter who started it, what matters is how effective or ineffective it is, and it will be a huge flop, and liberals will blame conservatives for its failure.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

no but i am.. ..

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary I am more social than most people. I can't go anywhere in Stamford without running into someone I know, it can be a little annoying at times.
Back to mittens, you are replying that he is someone special because he implemented it as governor and I should give the system a pass somehow.
Well it really doesn't matter who started it, what matters is how effective or ineffective it is, and it will be a huge flop, and liberals will blame conservatives for its failure.
1. Define "flop". What are the honest, unbiased, objective benchmark measures by which you will judge the success or failure of the program?

2. Are you willing to concede the program is a success if it meets the criteria that's been laid out for success? Or will you call it a "flop" regardless of whatever the outcome is simply on ideological grounds?

3. Or, are you, like our conservative politicians, actually afraid that it WILL be successful? Will you be satisfied or upset if it is?

4. Why would liberals blame conservatives if it flops? The conservatives clearly want nothing to do with the law. As long as it remains funded and not undermined by them in any way, the conservatives have nothing at all to do with it, and will not be blamed. On the flip side, they also shouldn't be taking any credit if it succeeds.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

Not in the least. You labeled the health care as 'socialized" and I was calling attention that it was first implemented by a Republican who never consider that label as accurate.

There was great piece by Jimmy Kimmel yesterday where he interviewed people on the street and asked them if they approved or dissaproved of "ObamaCare". Then he asked the same question of the "Affordable Care Act". Less people approved of "ObamaCare than the "Affordable Care Act".

Yes, this is what we are dealing with, folks. And you are just as bad with your labels.

You want Socialized? Then how about Single Payer? Thats what we SHOULD of done.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504784_162-576057...

Jimmy Kimmel on Obamacare vs. The Affordable Care Act
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no Oh no Oh no
You actually believe this garbage?
Have you surfed the CT website? Its pretty well done considering...
Why would I? I have no interest in the political or corporate STATE OF CONNECTICUT.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Define "flop". What are the honest, unbiased, objective benchmark measures by which you will judge the success or failure of the program?
2. Are you willing to concede the program is a success if it meets the criteria that's been laid out for success? Or will you call it a "flop" regardless of whatever the outcome is simply on ideological grounds?
3. Or, are you, like our conservative politicians, actually afraid that it WILL be successful? Will you be satisfied or upset if it is?
4. Why would liberals blame conservatives if it flops? The conservatives clearly want nothing to do with the law. As long as it remains funded and not undermined by them in any way, the conservatives have nothing at all to do with it, and will not be blamed. On the flip side, they also shouldn't be taking any credit if it succeeds.
The current insurance system is unsustainable. Our pediatrician announced yesterday that they are no longer accepting insurance. They claim they are being d*cked around by the companies the same way we consumers are. The sad thing is, that it is possible that this could actually be cheaper for us this way, as their fees went down as well. Time will tell.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors are the soldiers of a psycho-material truth that fight back against the adverse forces of diseases, debility and death. They're not omnipotent but keep doing their best provided they act sincerely. Medical knowledge is always progressive, never regressive nor static. To call doctors "idiots" is a sign of insanity.
When I say doctors I am referring to western medical doctors.
When I say that they are a bunch of idiots I am referring to the fact that they are sticking to old traditional old fashioned alopathic reductionism, they are not trained nor interested in curing disease.
All they do is practice with medicine to reduce systems or simply chop the organ out.

There are too many stories in western medicine I can go on for days but where you live might be different. Here we have doctors getting kick backs from drug companies, how would that make you feel if you lived here?
Maybe if you had a doctor kill one of your family members and be so arrogantly in denial of it like I have experienced, you might have a different outlook.
Not to mention the new world order cabal that has its hands in everything including the treatment of cancer.
What has MD directed treatment given Americans?
Diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer at alarming rates, obesity.
Last time I went to the doctor he couldn't even give me a cure for acid reflux, all he wanted to do is point me to a drug that I would have to take forever while experiencing the same digestive problems that were related. Nope it wasn't an MDthat cured my acid reflux it was me with the help of a naturopathic doctor. Because the md didn't even know the cause and the cure and didn't give a crap to know.

In this country it is unlawful for anyone but an oncologist go treat cancer why do you think that is? Because the government loves us? or because the medical cabal conspired so they can empty your bank account while injecting you with rat poison?
Oh no my friend western md directed medicine blows.
You can compare Dr Wallechs track record to any MD and his success blows them all away.

My wife had a gall stone that was huge, the surgeon wanted to take it out immediately calling it "gall bladder disease" as if the gall bladder was dead. "don't worry we do 15000 of these per year, and that gall stone is too big it will never come out".
No thanks, guess what? its been 6 years and that gall stone is gone gone gone and not because of the MD advice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I? I have no interest in the political or corporate STATE OF CONNECTICUT.
intellectual curiosity

Thats what propels most people to seek out information about issues they opine about

You are here opining about the ACA. But yet you havent taken the time to understand in the context of our local application.

In other words, you prefer to blow smoke.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

When I say that they are a bunch of idiots I am referring to the fact that they are sticking to old traditional old fashioned allopathic reductionism, they are not trained nor interested in curing disease.

All they do is practice with medicine to reduce systems or simply chop the organ out
Err, man, not really.

If you think that allopathy (modern western medicine) does not cure diseases through their superficial treatments and simply loves invasive forms of treatment that usually result in chopping out vital organs, then, well, ancient medical systems like Ayurveda, Unani or traditional Chinese medicines or even Homoeopathy claim to heal from the root causes but fail despite the tall claims and air of sanctity - the "old is gold" kind of thinking that most people ignorantly subscribe to which is not true in most cases.

I have made a close study of the claims of these ancient medical systems and am not impressed.

They claim to work at the level of the mind-body mechanism but, well, they lack incisive knowledge about the organic as well as the functional aspects of the body and all that talk of reaching the disordered praan or life-force or tweaking the distorted psychological forces through traditional herbal medicines is more crap than anything else.

The life-forces or the mind forces that're often referred to by traditional systems of medicine are deep within and cannot be so easily reached by material substances entering the body in the form of air, food or medicines. What is affected by substances is not the life forces or the mental currents but the physico-vital or the mental-physical forces that are feeble intrusions of the true life force vibrations in the physical and the true mental force currents in the physical while the actual life force and mind force streams, as stated above, lie in higher dimensions that're inaccessible and stand deep within being.

As far as surgery is concerned, Ayurveda has an entire branch on surgery but in the absence of sophisticated knowledge detailing the organ or tissue systems in terms of structure/functions/type and in the total absence of scanning, life-support, injecting, safe/efficient anesthesia and transfusion technologies these ancient methods are risky and the old school surgeons may well "chop" off the wrong part of the organ or the wrong organ.

Invasive forms of treatment should be avoided unless absolutely necessary and then, too, the diagnosis, the process leading up to the operation, the process of the operation itself and the post-surgical operation stages should be very well monitored.

Every form of medicine claims to cure but really the cures they offer are partial, exaggerated or based on symptom-suppression.

In terms of incisive knowledge about the body and its functions and where technological sophistication are concerned, it goes without saying that modern Western medicine or allopathy is the best but it has its limitations.

However, the best approach to mind-body wellness is to take care of one's gene lines by not marrying those with serious hereditary diseases of body and mind and by staying away from dangerous practices like incest/inbreeding for known reasons. Sound nutrition and hygiene come next and considering the close nexus between mind and body, well, one should cultivate peaceful or harmonious external as well as internal conditions so that the psychological-bodily systems function with minimal faltering and our innate curative processes are turned on in case of illnesses - if these rules of thumb are closely followed as a matter of scientific discipline down the generations, it's possible to stay healthy with minimal health problems and to live a long and healthy life.

Best Regards
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
intellectual curiosity
Thats what propels most people to seek out information about issues they opine about
You are here opining about the ACA. But yet you havent taken the time to understand in the context of our local application.
In other words, you prefer to blow smoke.
Just reporting, I do not believe in forcing someone to buy a good or service and you do, control freak psychopath.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Err, man, not really.
If you think that allopathy (modern western medicine) does not cure diseases through their superficial treatments and simply loves invasive forms of treatment that usually result in chopping out vital organs, then, well, ancient medical systems like Ayurveda, Unani or traditional Chinese medicines or even Homoeopathy claim to heal from the root causes but fail despite the tall claims and air of sanctity - the "old is gold" kind of thinking that most people ignorantly subscribe to which is not true in most cases.
I have made a close study of the claims of these ancient medical systems and am not impressed.
They claim to work at the level of the mind-body mechanism but, well, they lack incisive knowledge about the organic as well as the functional aspects of the body and all that talk of reaching the disordered praan or life-force or tweaking the distorted psychological forces through traditional herbal medicines is more crap than anything else.
The life-forces or the mind forces that're often referred to by traditional systems of medicine are deep within and cannot be so easily reached by material substances entering the body in the form of air, food or medicines. What is affected by substances is not the life forces or the mental currents but the physico-vital or the mental-physical forces that are feeble intrusions of the true life force vibrations in the physical and the true mental force currents in the physical while the actual life force and mind force streams, as stated above, lie in higher dimensions that're inaccessible and stand deep within being.
As far as surgery is concerned, Ayurveda has an entire branch on surgery but in the absence of sophisticated knowledge detailing the organ or tissue systems in terms of structure/functions/type and in the total absence of scanning, life-support, injecting, safe/efficient anesthesia and transfusion technologies these ancient methods are risky and the old school surgeons may well "chop" off the wrong part of the organ or the wrong organ.
Invasive forms of treatment should be avoided unless absolutely necessary and then, too, the diagnosis, the process leading up to the operation, the process of the operation itself and the post-surgical operation stages should be very well monitored.
Every form of medicine claims to cure but really the cures they offer are partial, exaggerated or based on symptom-suppression.
In terms of incisive knowledge about the body and its functions and where technological sophistication are concerned, it goes without saying that modern Western medicine or allopathy is the best but it has its limitations.
However, the best approach to mind-body wellness is to take care of one's gene lines by not marrying those with serious hereditary diseases of body and mind and by staying away from dangerous practices like incest/inbreeding for known reasons. Sound nutrition and hygiene come next and considering the close nexus between mind and body, well, one should cultivate peaceful or harmonious external as well as internal conditions so that the psychological-bodily systems function with minimal faltering and our innate curative processes are turned on in case of illnesses - if these rules of thumb are closely followed as a matter of scientific discipline down the generations, it's possible to stay healthy with minimal health problems and to live a long and healthy life.
Best Regards
The proof is in the pudding and I have seen science based, clinically verified nutritional treatment work over and over again, and I have seen mds just fail.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just reporting, I do not believe in forcing someone to buy a good or service and you do, control freak psychopath.
I guess you do not carry car insurance

and of course you pay your local taxes

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

The proof is in the pudding and I have seen science based, clinically verified nutritional treatment work over and over again, and I have seen meds just fail.
Oh the peas versus pills dialogue.

Usually, eating the right foods (preferably vegetarian/vegan), regular physical exercises together, correct body posture, happy state of mind, harmonious relationships, pollution-free ecosystem, financial stability, staying away from alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and sexual excesses and correct breathing techniques alleviates many lifestyle diseases which are usually related to functional disorders of otherwise healthy organs.

Well, all this works well in many cases concerning lifestyle diseases but has limited efficacy or completely fails in chronic ones or where complications in say the malfunctioning of an organ due to genetic flaws are concerned.

Remember, it's easier to treat functional disorders but difficult to tackle organic malformations where gene therapy or the new stem cell approach or invasive surgery offers some ray of hope.

Hey, there, take care!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

When I say that they are a bunch of idiots I am referring to the fact that they are sticking to old traditional old fashioned alopathic reductionism, they are not trained nor interested in curing disease.

All they do is practice with medicine to reduce systems or simply chop the organ out.

There are too many stories in western medicine I can go on for days but where you live might be different. Here we have doctors getting kick backs from drug companies, how would that make you feel if you lived here?

Maybe if you had a doctor kill one of your family members and be so arrogantly in denial of it like I have experienced, you might have a different outlook.

Not to mention the new world order cabal that has its hands in everything including the treatment of cancer.

What has MD directed treatment given Americans?

Diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer at alarming rates, obesity.
Last time I went to the doctor he couldn't even give me a cure for acid reflux, all he wanted to do is point me to a drug that I would have to take forever while experiencing the same digestive problems that were related. Nope it wasn't an MDthat cured my acid reflux it was me with the help of a naturopathic doctor. Because the md didn't even know the cause and the cure and didn't give a crap to know.

In this country it is unlawful for anyone but an oncologist go treat cancer why do you think that is? Because the government loves us? or because the medical cabal conspired so they can empty your bank account while injecting you with rat poison?
Oh no my friend western md directed medicine blows.
You can compare Dr Wallechs track record to any MD and his success blows them all away.

My wife had a gall stone that was huge, the surgeon wanted to take it out immediately calling it "gall bladder disease" as if the gall bladder was dead. "don't worry we do 15000 of these per year, and that gall stone is too big it will never come out".
No thanks, guess what? its been 6 years and that gall stone is gone gone gone and not because of the MD advice.
Outgrow tunnel vision and stay away from stereotypes.

Take a synthetic view of any system.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

VOLUNTARIST TYPED:

"The proof is in the pudding and I have seen science based, clinically verified nutritional treatment work over and over again, and I have seen meds just fail."

JOEL'S REPLY:

Oh the peas versus pills dialogue.

Usually, eating the right foods (preferably vegetarian/vegan), regular physical exercises, correct body posture, happy state of mind, harmonious relationships, pollution-free ecosystem, financial stability, staying away from alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and sexual excesses and correct breathing techniques alleviates many lifestyle diseases which are usually related to functional disorders of otherwise healthy organs.

Well, all this works well in many cases concerning lifestyle diseases but has limited efficacy or completely fails in chronic ones or where complications in say the malfunctioning of an organ due to genetic flaws are concerned.

Remember, it's easier to treat functional disorders but difficult to tackle organic malformations where gene therapy or the new stem cell approach or invasive surgery offers some ray of hope.

Hey, there, take care!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>

My wife had a gall stone
Is your WIFE a MAN?

In this matter of sexuality and marriage, I hope you're actually married to a female and NOT to a MAN like FRIJOLES - that homosexual and Mathematically and scientifically challenged dunce who holds a Ph.D.

ha ha ha ha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

FRIJOLES, the mathematically and scientifically challenged homosexual with a Ph.D. in "science", is married to a MAN.

LOL.

Anyway,......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

I am married to my soul. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Canaan Discussions

Search the New Canaan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing (Jan '09) Sun MrCracka 5,606
Restaurant News: Burger Time latest joint to sq... (Sep '09) Jul 26 Kunta Kante 12
Facing Depression (Feb '11) Jul 24 1 Citizen 15
63-year-old Stamford Motors dealership is sold (Mar '09) Jul 23 Les Williams 16
WWE Promotes Stephanie McMahon & John Laurinaitis (Jun '07) Jul 23 amw 8
A deluded consensus on discrimination Jul 21 Drilling for the nerve 2
Ch&#279;ap Kítchen Uníts Jul 18 Anonymous 1
•••
•••

New Canaan News Video

•••
•••

New Canaan Jobs

•••