Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,357
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#46875 Jan 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The conduct of prophet was magnanimous towards his enemies as well as towards those who were his followers.
If I place once in awhile a story about his followers, that does not mean that I am "off my rocker".
It is a big series and it shows our prophet as the best model for people to follow.
It is not easy to keep those who are your followers to love you more and more with each passing day.
It is easier to get a "large crowd to follow you" by showing them miracles and healing their sicks and those with infirmities..... but to keep them following you all the way and spend their every thing for the message, needs much more than miracles!!
I look forward to read stories of his enemies.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#46876 Jan 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, the summary of your "later scholarly work" says that Rabbi Raphael "EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" did not have the requisite information when he wrote his book and so he FABRICATED it.
Where does it say that?

Location hidden

#46877 Jan 11, 2013
Why are you tilting at windmills? I am not even having this argument with you.

All I did was present additional updated refernces on the matter.

Straw Man Argument

A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[3] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[3][4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Location hidden

#46878 Jan 11, 2013
Tilting at Windmills

Tilting at windmills is an English idiom which means attacking imaginary enemies. The word “tilt”, in this context, comes from jousting.

The phrase derives from an episode in the novel Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. In the novel, Don Quixote fights windmills that he imagines to be giants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilting_at_windm...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46879 Jan 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say that?
Are they in harmony? If not explain why not.

I have confidence in the work of Rabbi Raphael EDITOR of the, American Jewish HISTORY, Journal.

There is no reason under heaven for him to have FABRICATED his work plus given his training and jobs I am confident that he did his due diligence.

----------

In other words, the summary of your "later scholarly work" says that Rabbi Raphael "EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" did not have the requisite information when he wrote his book and so he FABRICATED it.

When were their source documents CREATED?

"Rabbi Raphael is both a rabbi and a TOP historian of Jewish history. For the last generation he has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish History.
He is the Nathan and Sophia Gumenick Professor of Judaic Studies, Professor of Religion, and Chair, Department of Religion, The College of William and Mary, and a Visiting Fellow of Wolfson College, Oxford University.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#46880 Jan 11, 2013
Frijjy, in speaking about the later works I asked,when were their source documents CREATED?

Location hidden

#46881 Jan 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Frijjy, in speaking about the later works I asked,when were their source documents CREATED?
neither of us have read either books - so neither of us can really go there

stop the straw argument

Location hidden

#46882 Jan 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they in harmony? If not explain why not.
I have confidence in the work of Rabbi Raphael EDITOR of the, American Jewish HISTORY, Journal.
There is no reason under heaven for him to have FABRICATED his work plus given his training and jobs I am confident that he did his due diligence.
----------
When were their source documents CREATED?
"Rabbi Raphael is both a rabbi and a TOP historian of Jewish history. For the last generation he has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish History.
He is the Nathan and Sophia Gumenick Professor of Judaic Studies, Professor of Religion, and Chair, Department of Religion, The College of William and Mary, and a Visiting Fellow of Wolfson College, Oxford University.
\

from the above I take it you are incapable of reading ANY of my previous posts

This topic is closed
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#46883 Jan 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Why are you tilting at windmills? I am not even having this argument with you.
All I did was present additional updated refernces on the matter.
Straw Man Argument
A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[3] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[3][4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Thats you all day...
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#46884 Jan 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Good point,needs to be addressed.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#46885 Jan 11, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you lack understanding. My question was asked BEFORE you asked yours. Yes it was not directed to you initially and that is because YOU were not a part of the discussion initially. However from the point of the sequence of the discussion your question came AFTER. Note my question was number 3 while yours was number 4 and in Jamaica 3 comes from 4.
Eric, YOUR post 46838
1.HughBe---Moses, David, Isaiah and Micah to name a few.(prophesied about Jesus)
2.Frijoles---yeah, right.not.Please stay in your own backyard
3.HughBe--- will your messiah be a mortal?
4.Eric--Did your messiah fulfill the prophecy of Micah 5:4-5?(Using the Jewish chapter and verse designation.)
Exactly, your question regarding mortality was addressed to Frijoles. I was responding to #1.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#46886 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, your question regarding mortality was addressed to Frijoles. I was responding to #1.
Then answer Huge's question, Who did Moses, David, Isaiah and Micah to name a few prophesied about?
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#46887 Jan 11, 2013
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Then answer Huge's question, Who did Moses, David, Isaiah and Micah to name a few prophesied about?
The moshiach who has not yet arrived.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#46888 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the second comming? What is His name?
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#46889 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did this for us then Eric if Moshiac has not yet arrived?

Yahshayahu 53

Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Master revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Location hidden

#46890 Jan 11, 2013
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point,needs to be addressed.
It would be amusing if you could state the point he was making, because I was not making an arguement - all I was doing was exposing him to references on his subject.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#46891 Jan 11, 2013
The 1999 scholarly works,When were their source documents created? do they per-date Rabbi Raphael works?
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#46892 Jan 11, 2013
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Who did this for us then Eric if Moshiac has not yet arrived?
Yahshayahu 53
Do what? What action for "us" are you speaking?

I am more interested in:

And this shall be peace: when the Assyrian shall come into our land, and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight princes among men.

And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod with the keen-edged sword; and he shall deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our border.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#46893 Jan 11, 2013
secret relationship between blacks and jews PDF

http://www.radioislam.org/islam/english/books...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#46894 Jan 11, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: what makes you think, They ain't here an observing you all? we only have about a thousand years, left to go in ThisStory of Creation again. and only about 60 years, prior to G-D, taking off for the day of rest again also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Polluting the Long Island sound 4 hr Mike g papa 1
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Pot calling Kettle 790
Before the Downfall of a Priest, a Fondness for... (Jul '06) Sun Tippy Faulker 20
Best & Co. shuts its doors - Greenwich Time (Jun '09) Sep 13 mad813 67
Eating artists in Southwestern Connecticut dish... Sep 12 BPT 2
Lawmakers Question Secrecy On New Bridgeport Tr... Sep 11 Sir Samuel 3
Malloy touts progress, Foley disagrees Sep 9 Sir Samuel 1
•••

New Canaan News Video

•••
New Canaan Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

New Canaan Jobs