Cleaning up Norwalk River is hard work

Cleaning up Norwalk River is hard work

There are 10 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Jul 3, 2009, titled Cleaning up Norwalk River is hard work. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

The hard work of cleaning the Norwalk River keeps on being hard. "We've got a lot of problems,'' said Richard Harris of Harbor Watch/River Watch, speaking at Town Hall last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

David Barr

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jul 3, 2009
Good job kids,Keep up the clean up. The laws are not up to date They are not even looking for drugs,No laws in CT. on that.No laws on soap in the last 30years.There are a lot of things in the water that fish can't be in that you can't see.Some catfish can live. It is up to you to look into what laws you need to clean up the water. Even the rain water is not clean now, test it. Ask why this is going on and why. Dave
Casy Jones

Newark, NJ

#2 Jul 3, 2009
somebody ought to tell Harris look in Norwalk,they are pumping contaminants into the river from the new 95/7 project.Suppose looking in your own backyard would of been hard to find pollution.Give it a rest Harris talk about the filters and when they are going to replace them.
Casy Jones

Newark, NJ

#3 Jul 3, 2009
How did the reporter miss all this?

In late October 2005, the Long Island Soundkeeper and the City of Norwalk officially launched a new clean water effort, dubbed The Filter Project which focuses on reducing polluted street runoff in stormwater on its way to the Long Island Sound. The Filter project uses AbTech Industries’ UUF’s and, an innovative antimicrobial filtration material called Smart Sponge® Plus, the only nontoxic, fully recyclable filtration system of its kind that encapsulates and successfully removes harmful petroleum substances like gasoline, oil & grease, and destroys bacteria such as E. coli and enterococcus before they enter local waterways.
Jayson Verba

Ashburn, VA

#4 Sep 7, 2013
never thought i would find one that was totally free, they all usually ask you for a credit card, but this one didnt! i was able to chat and use every feature of the site for free, send and receive messages, check my flirts and even free video chat. you guy and girls should really check this one out! its definitely worth a look http://tinyurl.com/lsbjf9y
Norwalk_m3

White Plains, NY

#6 Oct 17, 2013
capacoon wrote:
but the mooks keep going on it it will never be clean
Iam a black Muslim queen. I sometimes wash my dirty rear in the river when I sleep under the bridge.
M3-Driver

White Plains, NY

#7 Oct 17, 2013
Fyi
Along with norwalk_m3 I also post as M3-Driver but as always I am the Robtard.
CTM

New Milford, CT

#8 Oct 17, 2013
The water treatment plants have been a crooked way to get rid of toxic waste here in Ct. for a long time. It's not really what you see that is a hazard, it's the toxic mess you can't see, like when all the lobsters died.
capacoon

White Plains, NY

#9 Oct 17, 2013
Sometimes when staying at the Norwalk shelter I post as capacoon but as always I am the old black queen robtard.
canacoon

Wilton, CT

#10 Oct 18, 2013
capacoon wrote:
Sometimes when staying at the Norwalk shelter I post as capacoon but as always I am the old black queen robtard.
soory to here your a mook
Republican eye

Norwalk, CT

#11 Jul 14, 2015
Casy Jones wrote:
How did the reporter miss all this?
In late October 2005, the Long Island Soundkeeper and the City of Norwalk officially launched a new clean water effort, dubbed The Filter Project which focuses on reducing polluted street runoff in stormwater on its way to the Long Island Sound. The Filter project uses AbTech Industries’ UUF’s and, an innovative antimicrobial filtration material called Smart Sponge® Plus, the only nontoxic, fully recyclable filtration system of its kind that encapsulates and successfully removes harmful petroleum substances like gasoline, oil & grease, and destroys bacteria such as E. coli and enterococcus before they enter local waterways.
This was the same company who was just caught rigging the contracts in Ny and have hired lawyers now that arrests have been made,wonder what Dick thinks now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robtard is an Azz (Mar '12) Tue What a Queen 291
Looking for a pink Harley Jun 27 facebook update 24
Norwalk's thugs and G-Monies are out showing th... (May '11) Jun 26 ffctguitar 313
News Pleasure Beach in Bridgeport Jun 25 America Gentleman... 1
Gangstalking Information (May '09) Jun 21 Onthelist 885
Clean waters ! Jun 19 Mike 2015 3
News CLC fires 5 employees for failing to stay in sc... (Aug '09) Jun 17 Person 130

New Canaan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Canaan Mortgages