Hersam, Corbet Battle for New Canaan Treasurer Job

There are 1 comment on the The Daily New Canaan story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Hersam, Corbet Battle for New Canaan Treasurer Job. In it, The Daily New Canaan reports that:

The race to become a town's treasurer usually does not draw much excitement. In New Canaan, however, it's the main event.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily New Canaan.

Johnny

New Canaan, CT

#1 Sep 26, 2011
The good old boy network has been around pretty much forever in New Canaan. With the kind of money that has been flowing to schools and unions, you would expect that their would be stringent audits of the town's finances at every turn, and taxpayers questioning the huge outlays and no-bid contracts. Some day we will wake up and find the level of payola here to be as great as in many other Corrupticut towns and with officials indicted for fraud or other criminal misdeeds.

It is time that they get some really tough auditors to go over all the budgets and finances.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Duff alert he is at it again folks! out to ... 44 min Robby Rob 2
My Info Thanks for Asking (Apr '14) 20 hr Tom 16
The Hour has missed a weekend of news 22 hr Norwalk resistanc... 1
eilleen smith soundview medical arrested for dui Fri norwalknurse23 1
Guy Adams Stamford, CT arrested for DUI Fri tttd101 1
News Norwalk YMCA, Wilton Family Y Merge Into One En... May 1 Norwalk resistanc... 1
News Video: Summer Employers Recognize the Youth The... May 1 Norwalk resistanc... 1
More from around the web

New Canaan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]