First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jen Lane

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Nov 3, 2010
This accident didn't happen in Norwalk but did happen close by this week showing a need to inspect such sites before it does happen in Norwalk.

A trench accident that killed a construction worker Monday could have been prevented by using plywood and other safety measures to ensure the walls did not cave in, fire officials said.

"It could have very easily been prevented if there was proper shoring," said Assistant Fire Chief Robert Kick, who was at the accident Monday.

Eric Chinchilla, 27, of Victory Street, Stamford, was killed after the trench walls gave way, causing a concrete slab to drop on top of him, along the side of a home at 2 MacPherson Drive. The house was unoccupied because of renovations.

Rescuers found McPherson without a pulse when they arrived around 3 p.m. A second man sustained minor injuries and was treated and released at Greenwich Hospital, police said. His name was not released.

This was in Ther Advocate once a local Norwalk paper.
Norwalk hires overtime

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Nov 5, 2010
to protect the public when Deering doesn't answer their phone for an emergency created by shoddy workmanship on West ave last night according to Highway workers.Story goes police and highway were called to contain an unsafe work site last night when Deering could not be contacted.Taxpayers were forced to pay overtime in the thousands while Dering stayed home and relaxed.

Mr Mayor can you please set the record straight footage of this event is available said deepthroat.Cones barrels and police detail were all provided in Deerings absence last night.

Maybe The Hour can fill us in, be interseing to see true journilism showing the others how to report news that cost taxpayers money for a project stalled in the water.Now new proposals are brought foreward while these last projects are run poorly for the city.Deering has been a problem from the start but allowed to continue to work in the city under the Mayors nose.Why is that Dick?
Linda Evans

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Nov 5, 2010
You complain about so many things what about today West ave was closed completely where is the story on that I was late for work with still no clue what happened.
today

Port Jervis, NY

#4 Nov 5, 2010
Lets just say that Deering had another "Opps" they dug into a power line and caused a whole big mess. Yes the lines were marked out but I guess the spotter missed hit and nailed it anyway. Maybe someday Norwalk will learn that low bidder is not the cheapest way to go. Or maybe Deering isn't the way to go, I wonder if someone in city hall,DPW or maybe the common counsel pocket is getting a little fatter every time Deering wins a contract.
Clark Kent

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Nov 5, 2010
The Hour spent most of their resouces today telling about a guy whacking off,yet our city officials do it all the time on West Ave.Maybe no one told Kobak they closed the road going to the transfer station and have created a mess in the city on West Ave.Its rocket science reporting for the taxpayers thats why our city is misinformed half the time.What Deering is doing to this city is not right.Half the crew speaks no english the other half are too busy looking busy.Where is Bob Duff isn't some of this money the states?
Johnny Holmes

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Nov 6, 2010
West Ave is a mess morning noon or night its sometimes the worse when there is no construction going on what gives?Yet the council is working on issues stroking the voters how about helping the taxpayers?

Nicholas D. Kydes aka The Mouth should visit this site on West ave,over run in extra hire and cost over runs by Deering would save the seniors and the taxpayers much needed money to give the seniors a break.

This is why Norwalk has missed the boat they are trying to help out the Seniors while ignoring the obvious.Deering has cost the city much needed money and no one including The Hour has time to report such waste.The seniors need a break Norwalk needs to reconize what the problems are as well.

The state and city offer tax-relief programs to residents aged 65 and older.

The legal opinion, which Maslan based upon state statute, comes as the Common Council's Finance/Claims Committee pursues boosting tax relief for seniors. In September, members of the committee resolved to develop a strategy to boost tax relief for seniors -- and weave that strategy into next year's budget. Since then, the committee has developed a proposal and asked Hamilton to do an analysis of various changes.

Nicholas D. Kydes, Finance Committee chairman, said he plans to discuss the topic with the Board of Estimate. He described the points raised by Maslan as "a procedural issue that we have to abide by."

Come on Nick what about West ave?Now the city has given a street away to a developer and got back a worse traffic jam what gives Nick?Tell us what you know please.
Allison

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Nov 7, 2010
Can't wait to fight the traffic in the morning,its not like I can drive around Norwalks mess.Looking for another job so I don't have to put up with Norwalks crap as it is be worth a cut in pay.
the truth

Farmingdale, NY

#8 Nov 8, 2010
on my way to work this morning in stamford, I encountered a street that was closed for some type of repair work...I actually had to take a right turn, two left turns, and another right turn just to get around the construction site...I am completely outraged about this!!! where in the world was the Advocate in my time of crisis?!? this should be front page news, for christ's sake, I WAS INCONVENIENCED!!!!!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#9 Nov 8, 2010
the truth wrote:
on my way to work this morning in stamford, I encountered a street that was closed for some type of repair work...I actually had to take a right turn, two left turns, and another right turn just to get around the construction site...I am completely outraged about this!!! where in the world was the Advocate in my time of crisis?!? this should be front page news, for christ's sake, I WAS INCONVENIENCED!!!!!!
DO YOU EVER POST ANYTHING OF ANY IMPORTANCE???IT SEEMS YOU HAVE A LOT OF ANGER AND IGNORANCE WHICH YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM SHOWING TO THE WHOLE WORLD...GET THE MENTAL HEALTH HELP YOU SO DESPERATELY NEED.
the truth

Farmingdale, NY

#10 Nov 8, 2010
Niikk wrote:
<quoted text>DO YOU EVER POST ANYTHING OF ANY IMPORTANCE???IT SEEMS YOU HAVE A LOT OF ANGER AND IGNORANCE WHICH YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM SHOWING TO THE WHOLE WORLD...GET THE MENTAL HEALTH HELP YOU SO DESPERATELY NEED.
sounds like you are describing yourself to a tee!

guess I just wanted to see what it was like to complain about something stupid and have nobody give a $hit...now I know what life is like for you every day...kinda depressing, actually, you should probably just kill yourself now and get it over with

Location hidden

#11 Nov 8, 2010
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like you are describing yourself to a tee!
guess I just wanted to see what it was like to complain about something stupid and have nobody give a $hit...now I know what life is like for you every day...kinda depressing, actually, you should probably just kill yourself now and get it over with
ONCE AGAIN "the truth" has posts that are useless and filled with hate..THIS IS CLEARLY DUE TO THE SYPHILIS EATING AWAY AT WHAT LITTLE BRAIN "IT" HAD.. KEEP UP YOUR POSTS SO THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS WHAT A FOOL YOU ARE...DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME?
the truth

Farmingdale, NY

#12 Nov 8, 2010
Niikk wrote:
DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME?
nope, I have nothing to be ashamed of

the manufacturer of your father's condoms, though? lots of shame there

Location hidden

#13 Nov 8, 2010
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
nope, I have nothing to be ashamed of
the manufacturer of your father's condoms, though? lots of shame there
KEEP PROVING MY POINT THAT YOU ARE A SIMPLETON...YOU ARE TO STUPID TO REALIZE THAT YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED AS YOU CONTINUALLY SHOW YOUR IGNORANCE OT THE WHOLE WORLD. DOES IT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR HOMOSEXUALITY??
the truth

Farmingdale, NY

#14 Nov 8, 2010
umad?
the truth

United States

#15 Nov 8, 2010
I just want everyone to know that I am so ashamed of myself as I continue to make a fool of myself on each and every post..Also I have much anger due to by gay BOYFRIEND hurting my ass with his black dong when he was banging it ...Also I now have syphilis and AIDS.

Location hidden

#16 Nov 8, 2010
the truth wrote:
I just want everyone to know that I am so ashamed of myself as I continue to make a fool of myself on each and every post..Also I have much anger due to by gay BOYFRIEND hurting my ass with his black dong when he was banging it ...Also I now have syphilis and AIDS.
not suprised

Since: Oct 10

East Moriches, NY

#17 Nov 9, 2010
I am sooooooooo clever, I even amaze myself

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#18 Nov 9, 2010
My my My - What has happened to Topix!!!!!

Location hidden

#19 Nov 9, 2010
Nilkk wrote:
I am sooooooooo clever, I even amaze myself
TAKE NOTICE THAT THE POST I AM REPLYING TO WAS NOT MADE BY ME. IT IS "Nilkk" NOT "Niikk". IT WAS DONE BY THE SIMPLETON AND HOMOSEXUAL; "THE TRUTH". HE OPEN AN ACCOUNT SIMILAR TO MINE TO FAKE MY POSTS. I HAVE TOLD HIM TIME AND AGAIN THAT I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HIM AS I LIKE THE OPPOSITES SEX BUT HE NOW SEEMS TO BE INFATUATED WITH ME...HE IS VERY VERY SICK AND VERY VERY GAY.

Since: Oct 10

East Moriches, NY

#20 Nov 9, 2010
I just took my meds, I feel much better now
the world is much better off just ignoring anything and everything I say
oh wait, they already do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ROBTARD arrested for carrying enema bag filled ... (Mar '12) Jul 27 Wow 100
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 24 TWP 72,037
Gangstalking Darien,Wilton,Stamford (May '09) Jul 24 Bhp 42
Paul H Burnham and the Gangstalking Case covere... (Dec '09) Jul 23 Truth 33
Is Brett Saltus still shooting Heroin? (Feb '13) Jul 21 Terry 52
Robtard is an Azz (Mar '12) Jul 9 What a Queen 292
News Bridgeport woman charged in Norwalk stabbing Jul 8 ffctguitar 6

New Canaan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New Canaan Mortgages