Location hidden

#1 Aug 6, 2010
Posted on 08/05/2010
=

http://www.thehour.com/story/489946/">... man allegedly chokes girlfriend

NORWALK

By STEVE KOBAK

Hour Staff Writer

A 27-year-old city man was arraigned Thursday at Norwalk Superior Court for allegedly choking his girlfriend into unconsciousness during an argument that began when the man received a phone call from another woman.

Michael Hemmingway, of 4 Kellogg St., was charged with first-degree strangulation, third-degree assault, unlawful restraint, criminal mischief, interfering with an emergency call, use of a motor vehicle without the owner's permission and illegal operation of a motor vehicle under suspension.

Judge Bruce Hudock set Hemmingway's bond at $25,000, noting that Hemmingway had been convicted of choking another woman during a domestic altercation in 2008.

Hemmingway was arrested early Thursday morning by Wilton Police who were called to his girlfriend's Forge Road home in Wilton after dispatchers received two 911 hang-up calls from the residence, according to court documents. Dispatchers had called one of the phone numbers and spoke with a woman who said she was "OK" but sounded like she was in distress, police said.

Dispatchers traced the numbers to a Forge Road address, according to police.

Officer William Barrett arrived at Forge Road shortly after 2:30 a.m. and saw a vehicle stopped in the roadway near the house, police said. A woman exited the driver's side of the vehicle and the vehicle sped off, police said.

Barrett observed blood on the woman's left cheek and went to check on her safety, police said.

The woman began to cry and told police that she asked Hemmingway to leave her residence after another woman called Hemmingway's cell phone, police said.

She went into the bathroom and Hemmingway kicked in the door, pushed her into the bathtub and turned on the water, police said. She began to wrestle with him and he eventually left the bathroom, according to police.

The woman grabbed a nearby phone and tried to dial 911 but Hemmingway heard her, went back into the bathroom and broke the phone, police said.

She then ran into her parents' bedroom, which was unoccupied, and tried to call 911 on their phone but Hemmingway pushed her onto the bed and pulled the cord out of the phone, police said. She hit him in the face twice with the phone's receiver and ran into another room, according to police

When Hemmingway caught up with her, he pushed her onto a couch and choked her until she passed out, police said.

She soon regained consciousness and told Hemmingway that she would drive him wherever he wanted, according to police.

Officers learned that the woman had rushed out of the vehicle after Hemmingway pulled the emergency brake because she was afraid Hemmingway was going to assault her again, police said.

Hemmingway moved over to the driver's seat and drove away when he saw police cars approaching, according to police.

He drove back to the scene while his girlfriend was giving a statement to police and was ordered to get out of the car, police said.

Hemmingway told police that his girlfriend became jealous because she saw another girl's phone number on his cell phone, according to police. He was sleeping at the time and she struck him in the face with a phone receiver, police said.

Police entered the home and found evidence that supported the victim's version of events, police said. Hemmingway was taken into custody.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 6, 2010
Can't even sleep in peace without getting hit in the face. It is clear she assaulted him first and he defended himself.
Abolish The Fed

Bronx, NY

#3 Aug 6, 2010
Lousfools wrote:
Can't even sleep in peace without getting hit in the face. It is clear she assaulted him first and he defended himself.
Cops are being encouraged to use the new "strangulation" statute in domestic cases because they came down directly from the federal government and is tied into Federal funding for "domestic violence" issues.

Most of the time the elements of "strangulation" are not met.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Aug 6, 2010
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops are being encouraged to use the new "strangulation" statute in domestic cases because they came down directly from the federal government and is tied into Federal funding for "domestic violence" issues.
Most of the time the elements of "strangulation" are not met.
I wonder why that is. Maybe to see how and if when it really applies?

Where does the money for the funding actually go?
Abolish The Fed

Bronx, NY

#5 Aug 6, 2010
Lousfools wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why that is. Maybe to see how and if when it really applies?
Where does the money for the funding actually go?
I believe the States are being encouraged to support more programs involving domestic disputes, so the answer to that question is to more programs.
LMAO LOUSFOOLS

Stamford, CT

#6 Jan 16, 2012
i guess that lous fool must be mr hemingway yet again trying to get away with hurting yet again another wanna be girlfriend ,maybe he should have just walked away, but then again isnt this his 2nd time being tried on a strangulation charge . plus how many times he has been charged for beating up a women, stealing cars.drivng while intoxicated, to dam bad ct doesnt have the 3 strike law
ROBTARDS POSTING NAMES

Norwalk, CT

#7 Jan 17, 2012
HERE IS A CURRENT LIST OF OUR RESIDENT OLD BLACK HOMOSEXUAL TROLLS POSTING NAMES. WE WILL FLOOD THIS PAGE EACH AND EVERYDAY WITH THIS POST UNTIL THE OLD TROLL USES "HER" REGISTERED NAME OF
ROBBY ROB
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/robbyrob

AND STOPS WITH THE HIJACKED NAMES

THE CHOICE IS HERS

ROBTARDS CURRENT POSTING NAMES
NiiKK_(NOTICE THE LINE AT THE END OF THE NAME AS SHE IS A FAKE)
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/niikk_
Impostor of “Niikk”(in Black)
Bacigalupe (in Black)
Bacigalupe (in Blue)
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/bacigalup...
The truth
Robby Robb
Robby Rob
Robtard
And many many others
Niikk (in Black)
KKIIN
Conservative
Concerned Citizen
retardedspook
dumbspook
Obamasucksdick
The name may change but my post do not..They are always lies and Spam...
Take notice how "she" repies to her own posts by changing names..
"SHE" IS OBSESSED WITH THE REAL NIIKK AS HE MAKES "HER" LOOK LIKE THE ASS THAT "SHE" TIME AND AGAIN. IT IS VERY STRANGE THAT "SHE" POSTS AS SOMEONE THAT ALWAYS MAKES "HER" LOOK LIKE A FOOL.....BUT THAT IS WHAT THE OLD OLD HOMOSEXUAL BLACK GAY TROLL QUEENS DO. "SHE" HAS EVEN GONE AS FAR AS CALLING OTHERS STALKER WHEN IN FACT"SHE" PROVES THAT IS WHAT "SHE" EACH AND EVERY TIME "SHE" USES A HIJACKED NAME SUCH AS NIIKK

HERE IS "HER" REAL USER NAME
ROBBY ROB
gntyjtytyh
Sillykids

Stamford, CT

#8 Nov 29, 2012
Actually it would be REALLY hard for lousfool to be Hemingway, givin that hes in jail currently, and fool has been posting allll day. Just sayin.

“I TAKE IT IN THE REAR”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#9 Nov 29, 2012
I like it when my black boyfriend chokes me
Niikk

Purchase, NY

#10 Nov 30, 2012
We know Niiktard, trust us WE KNOW
Niikk

Bronx, NY

#11 Nov 30, 2012
For some reason I speak in the third person
Thanks for reading
ROBTARD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Canaan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr L Morales 71,257
International gang member arrested in 2005 sexu... (May '08) Dec 23 hbv 8
Jaguar, Land Rover dealer proposed for Fairfiel... Dec 22 American Gentlema... 4
First Selectman Peter Tesei. Dec 22 Mike g Papa 1
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Dec 21 Cottinz Pickinz 339
go to Thurmont MD (Nov '09) Dec 18 Fuckyoudanielfitz... 4
Norwalk's thugs and G-Monies are out showing th... (May '11) Dec 16 Al Sharpton 308

New Canaan News Video

New Canaan Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

New Canaan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New Canaan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New Canaan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:58 pm PST